With so many body types among NPCs, why can't we change V's?

+
The question is simple. Why can't we change V's body type? All the shapes that I see on the streets among NPCs just makes me angry that I'm stuck with a pre-defined generic and unremarkable model.

I really hope this is something that gets added sooner rather than later, while the game is still interesting.

There has to be some limitations to the body type, so the clothes won't clip. Having too many variations, would be unfathomable amounts of extra work, and with the development cycle this game has had, I'm at least glad they didn't spend all their time here, because imagine how unfinished the rest of the game would be then...

That being said, I do wish we had some way of at least buffing the characters up a bit. Especially female V is a bit scrawny looking.

Because CDPR did not invest in existing tools and techniques to make a body that you can change in game. I mean yeah my V has the bigger breasts but no clothing will show that. So clothing in the game does not even have som basic morphs.

And despite popular belief, yes you can make clothing not clip and avoid them look bad (distortion) when using morphs. Plenty of games does this already. Besides, it's not like there's no clipping already on some pieces of clothing. Or like some rocker outfit with included leggings that have not even been weighted properly...
Post automatically merged:

There has to be some limitations to the body type, so the clothes won't clip. Having too many variations, would be unfathomable amounts of extra work, and with the development cycle this game has had, I'm at least glad they didn't spend all their time here, because imagine how unfinished the rest of the game would be then...

That being said, I do wish we had some way of at least buffing the characters up a bit. Especially female V is a bit scrawny looking.

There are ways to make it automatic, and then you only need to fine tune every outfit to fit more than one body type. You would not need unfathomable amounts of extra work. Considering we do not have that many outfits in the game, compared to NPC's, we do have lots of recolors though.

I am guessing it has a bit to do with the development time it would take to conform every piece of clothing to every body type they would decide to let us pick from. As people have pointed out they didn't even conform clothing to fit different breast sizes so imagine actually having clothing fit to totally different body sizes.

It's unfortunate. It's nice some older games like Fallout4, GTA San Andreas, and Skyrim accomplished this, even Red Dead had dynamic weight. I don't know how taxing this would be on development but it's not there and I feel like it should be.

In the 48-minute walkthrough gameplay reveal from 2018 the narrator said ".....also You can use an array of different options to modify how you look. These include: Body Type, hairstyle, tattoos, makeup, skin-tone and many many more."

The question is simple. Why can't we change V's body type? All the shapes that I see on the streets among NPCs just makes me angry that I'm stuck with a pre-defined generic and unremarkable model.

I really hope this is something that gets added sooner rather than later, while the game is still interesting.

A probable answer is that many of the animations are not generalized enough to work for different body types. There are still bugs to be resolved around this, e.g the height of the characters eyes, which would be affected by this, and it's not even working properly for a single body type right now.

In the 48-minute walkthrough gameplay reveal from 2018 the narrator said ".....also You can use an array of different options to modify how you look. These include: Body Type, hairstyle, tattoos, makeup, skin-tone and many many more."

That trailer is a bullshit pandemonium. They used the "Work in progress - things subject to change" disclaimer in bad faith, if you remove that thin veil there is only false advertising left.

I am guessing it has a bit to do with the development time it would take to conform every piece of clothing to every body type they would decide to let us pick from. As people have pointed out they didn't even conform clothing to fit different breast sizes so imagine actually having clothing fit to totally different body sizes.
They pointed out incorrectly. The technology has been available for ages. Modders even added it to older games like bethesda RPGs where you can now fully customize your body in games like skyrim or fallout4.

The problem probably is as someone else said is that cdpr wanted to do everything in-house and bit off more than they could chew. And with that features that I think should be standard were kicked to the curb.

They pointed out incorrectly. The technology has been available for ages. Modders even added it to older games like bethesda RPGs where you can now fully customize your body in games like skyrim or fallout4.

The problem probably is as someone else said is that cdpr wanted to do everything in-house and bit off more than they could chew. And with that features that I think should be standard were kicked to the curb.
Exactly, being able to control and have clothing fit a morphed body mesh has been a thing for quite a while now. We need Bodyslide in 2077, stat!

Things like different skin colors, chrome, carbon fiber, plastic like the Moxes, exposed joints, etc. Wouldn't be a problem for clothing, you can just cover them, and the skin is just a texture change.

All the clothes seem to make a female V boobs smaller than her naked form. I agree with the clipping, but ... FO4, the Sims..? Besides the model of V is already altered via the use of clothes anyway.
Somebody also pointed out how his character wasn't taller with stiletto heels compared to sneakers.

Makes me wonder how SWTOR an Dragons Dogma both do it to a limited but satisfactory end.

I dislike playing the supposed "perfect" body type in every game tbh not to mention nigh always someone young, i prefer the option atleast to make my chars 35 - 45

Makes me wonder how SWTOR an Dragons Dogma both do it to a limited but satisfactory end.

I dislike playing the supposed "perfect" body type in every game tbh not to mention nigh always someone young, i prefer the option atleast to make my chars 35 - 45
I generally veer to more or less the same types depending on what is able. but it would never hurt to expand on customization as there's so many different takes out there.

I generally veer to more or less the same types depending on what is able. but it would never hurt to expand on customization as there's so many different takes out there.

It can add so much tbh, not gameplay or story wise but just personal enjoyment.

Some of my best times in SWTOR were as a overweight bounty hunter or a midget 2H nutter in Dragons Dogma with a high pitched squeaky voice.

None changed story or gameplay but they helped me bond with the character and like them more

It can add so much tbh, not gameplay or story wise but just personal enjoyment.

Some of my best times in SWTOR were as a overweight bounty hunter or a midget 2H nutter in Dragons Dogma with a high pitched squeaky voice.

None changed story or gameplay but they helped me bond with the character and like them more
Why do you think that after completing the game just a day ago I cant go back in for a rerun with completely different lifepath.
<-- I made my little redhead how I wanted her to be and walked the life I walked. For me they are intrinsically linked.
It would feel weird to do it all over with another, my brain just isn't wired that way.

From a design standpoint it makes no sense and cdpr simply double their workflow for no reason. There are, I belive, 4 body types on npc's if V shared those body types problem solved. But, now we have the issue of clothing. I'm sure you all have noticed the npc's dress better and have better options showing that yet again cdpr double their workflow for no reason by creating a separate, and imho, vastly superior wardrobe selection for the npc's.

A way they could fix this, but likely won't, is allow V to share the npc's body morphs, unlock all npc clothing which would be body style locked as most of it appears to be in game, then morph/adjust all of V' current clothing for the 4 body types. Most of V's clothing variety is just different textures so no need to redo any of the maps unless they have to break the uv's when morphing the clothing.

Essentially it becomes a wear what you see deal and Bethesda has been doing this for years so no clue why other developers don't take note. Fact is, sadly, I think no matter what they add to the game Cyberpunk 2077 is always going to be an 'NPC'S look better and dress better than you' game.

Guest 3573786

My guess? Cause C2077 development was woefully mismanaged causing the devs to cut out and give up on implementing on a lot of features.

My guess? Cause C2077 development was woefully mismanaged causing the devs to cut out and give up on implementing on a lot of features.
Crunch time as they call it.
I remain of the opinion: if they needed more time, 1 year, 2 years.. just stuck with that already.
Rushing something has never worked out. There are so many examples out there by now that should've been a lesson.

Top Bottom