With which gender do you prefer to play videogames in general? [Poll] [Spoilers]

+

With which gender do you prefer to play videogames in general?

• Male

• Female

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lol, my gender ofc. I guess I'd play a dude if I was dude *and* if the guy V's voice didn't suck so baaadddd.

Oops, a dupe... and yea, the same comment about guy V's voice.

It's all depends.

For Cyperpunk, Mass Effect et cetera I usually first play as male and in recent Assassin's Creed games i chose to play as a female character.

Now, on replays of rpg's I usually tend to favor the opposite gender. Played ME game a couple of times as femshep, same with cp2077.

For me it's about 50/50 and it depends on the game. I don't know why bui the several playthroughs of Mass Effect and Dragon Age series where exclusively male protagonist but the 5000+ hours of Skyrim and Fallout were exclusively female. CP2077 is a bit of a toss up.

I'm so bored of the typical male player character that I almost always choose female, often I even base my game purchase on having the option. In RPGs I want to be everything but myself, I never understood how/why people try to recreate themselves. :)
I think the preference began with NOLF, not Tomb Raider for me. While I enjoyed Lara as well, she was quite obviously mainly a character made for players to drool over, while Cate Archer was more of a real, unique character (and the game damn funny for it's time).
On the male protagonists side, there might be 100x more but the amount of memorable characters ist just as low if not lower.

I'm so bored of the typical male player character that I almost always choose female, often I even base my game purchase on having the option. In RPGs I want to be everything but myself, I never understood how/why people try to recreate themselves. :)
I think the preference began with NOLF, not Tomb Raider for me. While I enjoyed Lara as well, she was quite obviously mainly a character made for players to drool over, while Cate Archer was more of a real, unique character (and the game damn funny for it's time).
On the male protagonists side, there might be 100x more but the amount of memorable characters ist just as low if not lower.
Fully agree and relate to this. I don't think I've ever enjoyed playing a male character as much as Geralt, and even then it wasn't because he was a guy, but precisely because he's a character from a book series and not a player self-insert. And I still enjoyed Ciri's segments so much more. It's fem PC master race for me too

I'm agreeing on that. So many games have a male protagonist, so yeah, kinda boring. So I choose female protagonist more often nowadays, if I get to choose. Also the female voice actorst seen to always be better in these kind of games.

Also used to play both genders in different playthroughs - mostly starting with female ones.

Cyberpunk is a bit different I just have 2/9 males here for 2 main reasons 1) I’m on the fraction Judy over Panam (don’t wanna start another war here ^^‘) 2) for me personal the dynamic between Johnny and V feels way stronger if V is female.

in other games tho it strongly depends on Cls‘s storyplots. Other than that I like games with female main chars a lot same reasons you claimed: males were superior for a long time - but in times of Yuna, Lightning, Aya, Claire, Jill, Ellie, Lara, Aloy etc. i have to admit those are fantastic chars to play and enjoy :)

in this regard i cant wait for Forspoken - playing a brooklyn streetgirl in a LoR environment. Sounds interesting... hope it turns out great ^^

When it comes to RPG's more specifically I always choose Male for my "Main" playthrough. Putting myself in the shoes kinda deal.
Also I have heard the phrase "Well if I'm gonna play a character and look at their butt for 100 hours I want it to be a butt I like" Heard this ALL the time in WoW. It never worked that way in my head. I'm normally looking at all other areas of the screen and if I wanna look at a butt I can find one! :D

Male. Easy. Why?

- I'm a dude. I want my character to be a badass dude like the imaginary person I think I am
- I usually prefer the male character models and outfits
- let me go ahead and drop some pictures of game characters I played as to show why I prefer playing as male;

In many games male and female outfits differ. Sone games, they differ more than others, but one thing I feel certain. If any of these characters were girls I think it wouldn't feel the same. Dunno. I like playing the 'stereotypical manly man's. It's not that. Complicated.

I don't play as girls much cause that involves having to make an entirely new character and go through the entire gameplay all over again. If I'm gonna make a new character then the game needs to have enough choices so that the second character feels unique and different from my first playthrough. A lot of games don't do that.

Some games do. Skyrim and cyberpunk 2077 do. In Skyrim I have a bosmer cannibal huntress. In cyberpunk 2077 I have a mono wire stealth hacking street kid(female V). These characters are fun! But on average I prefer to play as dudes.

Male. Easy. Why?

- I'm a dude. I want my character to be a badass dude like the imaginary person I think I am
- I usually prefer the male character models and outfits
- let me go ahead and drop some pictures of game characters I played as to show why I prefer playing as male;

In many games male and female outfits differ. Sone games, they differ more than others, but one thing I feel certain. If any of these characters were girls I think it wouldn't feel the same. Dunno. I like playing the 'stereotypical manly man's. It's not that. Complicated.

I don't play as girls much cause that involves having to make an entirely new character and go through the entire gameplay all over again. If I'm gonna make a new character then the game needs to have enough choices so that the second character feels unique and different from my first playthrough. A lot of games don't do that.

Some games do. Skyrim and cyberpunk 2077 do. In Skyrim I have a bosmer cannibal huntress. In cyberpunk 2077 I have a mono wire stealth hacking street kid(female V). These characters are fun! But on average I prefer to play as dudes.
Ah, good ol' Jedi Academy...

...I'm incapable of playing that one as a non-Twi'Lek :coolstory:

Top Bottom