Withcer 2 DLC

+
Withcer 2 DLC

I was looking on the pre-order page and different shops get different DLC items like suits and finisher moves I'd like to get all the DLC items but iIthink it gets to the point were we can only order form one shop and I am one of those people that despise micro-transactions and I'd like to ask that all these items be put in to game and be un-lockable via game-play and in-game challenges.

Finishing moves? I didn't notice those before. Having DLC that is some stupid item I don't need or whatever is one thing, but moves? I dunno, that would bug me for some reason.

Also there is a secret merchant that is supposed to give access to a merchant that`s available in every act of the game

Im totally looking forward to CD Project RED to reveal more info on DLC, cos I want to make a pre-order, but I don't know which one to buy! I want to buy all of DLC, but I obviously cant, so I need to know exactly what in that piece of DLC, to make sure that I get smth I really want!!!P.S Guys from CD Project RED, PLEASE release info on DLC as soon as possible!

Holding off preordering until we get some clarification too. I don't want to preorder at shop X only to find I am going to miss out on some stuff.Can't you just release one version with all the in-game items? I understand a special CE for those who want tangible items (such as cards, statues etc) but digital copies should receive ALL the in-game items.

Irx

Senior user
SignsMaster said:
I need to know exactly what in that piece of DLC, to make sure that I get smth I really want!!!
I think they are described pretty clearly.There are 3 dlcs with bonus suits/armor, improving 3 witcher apects: swords, signs and alchemy.One which gives 2 additional fatality moves (variations of fatality animations).And one with a merchant, who sells rare ingredients otherwise hard (but possible) to get via sub-quests.Suits and merchant obviously spoil game balance to some extent. Anyway, nothing major to worry about, imho - its not like you'll miss some quests or interesting characters. And I'm sure we'll find a lot of cool and powerfull armor suits in the game which will be well deserved, and not just given for free for a pre-order.

SignsMaster said:
So, in what way exactly the third piece of DLC effects signs? Anyone?
How about reading the FAQ? ;> There's everything we know, also about DLCs.http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=28407.0#msg5402078

Guest 2091327

I hate DLC. It's a sham and I will never buy it, no matter the content.

Guest 2091327

DLC is still DLC, and I detest the thought of it in TW2 :(

Dezired said:
What's wrong with DLC?
The whole point where companies get carried away because of the profits and keep releasing DLC after DLC that slowly starts to undermine the main game itself. Witness the massive number of DAO DLCs and notice how their quality starts falling off with time. A great artist is one who knows when to stop. DLCs are the mark of never being able to move on to the next masterpiece. You keep putting "finishing touches" till you spil the picture itself.That and the fact that DLCs are usually a poor marketing stunt. Expansions are "recommended". DLCs are "optional". That's what they all say. But it is marketed in a way that you HAVE to buy it. Why the hook? Just put it in a disk, and sell it if you have to. We know you want to.

Guest 2091327

When I buy a game I expect the DVD(s) to contain the game. All of it. I shouldn't have to buy some wildly overpriced DLCs to get the full experience of the game I just forked out 50 dollars/euros for. It's a milking cow, as we say up here, a cheap way to get more money out of your customers, for little to no extra fun/product/whatever. When this bloke in the DAO sleeping ground started yapping about a story I could do if I bought a DLC I wanted to strangle the developers. Either put the whole damn thing in the game, or don't bother. It was probably shit anyway, and cost way too much. But you don't learn that until you buy it. Or have the brains to read forums first. As they say, a smart man learns from the mistakes of others, not from his own.I'd be a very happy man (customer) if CDPR didn't put out a single DLC. Especially if they give us extra strenght in some fashion, like new swords, extra sign power, or something like that. It just reeks of milking the customers who have bought your game for more money. Put your features in the full game, or don't bother with it at all. And most certainly don't put stuff in DLCs that will give an advantage over people who 'only' bought the full game. Rant over.

There is DLC and then there is DLC.In this case, stores want you to buy from them (obviously) so they are given some exclusive item to draw in the customers. I don't approve, but I guess they really are losing customers to Steam (and in this case GoG) and what have you, and are getting desperate. I don't much care about the items, and while a couple of them may sound impressive, I doubt they will be of any real significance.So, harmless. Then you have DLC like the ridiculous Alternate Appearance Pack for ME2. I will be disappointed if CDPR tries something like that. Then, thirdly, some DLC is actually quality content, that people can buy if they want to, but that should definitely not be required to fully enjoy the game. BioWare is playing it close with Lair of the Shadow Broker. The good: It's high quality, impressive attention to detail, very entertaining. The bad: A lot of BioWare fans obsess over romances, so if they want to continue their romance with Liara it's not enough to buy the game, they need to buy a piece of DLC (and it's not cheap, either). Now Imagine Shani being unpleasant (or maybe not even present) in TW2? "You want a 'proper' Shani romance, you say? Buy our new DLC." So yeah, plenty of reasons to dislike DLC. We'll see how it all turns out with TW2.

Top Bottom