Without a trace

+
Without a trace

Any way of unlocking the closed door inside the couple house?

I killed them after discovering halfling body, got house key but couldn't open that door.

Lol. Had no idea you could kill them. Never even found the halfling. But the quest completed anyway and i got the money. This quest is super fishy, like Carnal Sins

Lol. Had no idea you could kill them. Never even found the halfling. But the quest completed anyway and i got the money. This quest is super fishy, like Carnal Sins

You had to go around to the back of their house. Also, in the hut besides theirs is some dried blood.

You had to go around to the back of their house. Also, in the hut besides theirs is some dried blood.

I found the blood, then I talked to them and they said
It's animal blood, husband slaughters game in the empty houses. Then the quest directed me to inform the herbalist of the news. Was expecting the quest to continue, that the herbalist wouldn't believe the cover story and would ask Geralt to re-investigate. But it just ended

Wonder what the consequences of my lame detective skills will be

I found the blood, then I talked to them and they said
It's animal blood, husband slaughters game in the empty houses. Then the quest directed me to inform the herbalist of the news. Was expecting the quest to continue, that the herbalist wouldn't believe the cover story and would ask Geralt to re-investigate. But it just ended

Wonder what the consequences of my lame detective skills will be

If you found his body in the cellar beneath their house, upon confronting them you can kill them or spare them. Telling the herbalist you spared them will still cause them to die. ;)

I think there isn't....

I first killed them, because i was curious, looked inside the house. Conclusion: it is just a normal house, nothing special, no dark magic, no bloodstains, nothing. It's just a hut. Banality of Evil...did they kill the other residents? Probably. Did they kill the Halfling? Can't tell.

I reloaded, then i spared them. Geralt does not kill people, he kills monsters - and since the couple weren't werewolves or vampires or something like that, my Geralt did not care. But he told the Alchemist the truth....

This closed door was sturdiest object in the house, fit more for a prison, or serial killer holding cell. Why the hell they have locked room in abandoned village in middle of nowhere? I let halfling herbalist kill them
My Geralt is no social worker

I found the cellar door behind the house after I completed this quest, but it wouldn't open. I knew there was something odd about those two but during the quest I obviously didn't find it. not a fan of this sort of thing as it just looks like a bug when a door cant be opened.

I found the cellar door behind the house after I completed this quest, but it wouldn't open. I knew there was something odd about those two but during the quest I obviously didn't find it. not a fan of this sort of thing as it just looks like a bug when a door cant be opened.

You got the scent tracking leading there and door was closed or there wasn't any scent?

You got the scent tracking leading there and door was closed or there wasn't any scent?
after I completed the quest I knew something was missing so I went back. second time around I found the blood in the building geralt just said, "old bloodstains" or words to that effect. I didn't get a scent trail. I found the cellar door because it had glowing red barrels ontop. Because I was still seeing red when I used the witcher sences I thought I might be able to trigger a second part to this quest but the cellar door just didn't have an open prompt.

Yeah, I didn't get a scent trail either.. but it's just one more thing that makes me look forward to going back and taking a proper stroll through it.

Well. I was curious too... And I like jumping. So here you got a mysterious room view -

It's kinda strange to have room like that on your house...

The first time I made this quest, I noticed nothing. There also was no body and no wolfes in the forest nearby. Just..... nothing. But maybe I wasn`t suspicious enough.

The second time I made this quest, Geralt suddenly said "sniff.... sniff..... I smell rotten flesh, I should take a look around..." and of course I found the hidden basement.

But the hidden crime scene could only be found thanks to Geralts fine wolf-nose, noticing even the smallest scent just like some cadaver-dog :D

What an awesome and fantastic quest with so much creepyness and suspense.
Just like Sherlock of Rivia.
I like creepy and thrilling crime scene investigation, that`s the best part of Witcher 3! The last time solving some mysteries and chilling crimes was possible in Condemned Criminal Origins and in Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper.

The decision to kill them was very easy.

1.) They lie when they say "eeeerrr we are old we cannot plant any crops for food...." (but on the other hand they can kill people, kill stray dogs and even hunt very fast animals like deers and bunnys, everything is down there in the basement).

2.) There was blood in some houses. Why should there be blood in empty houses, if not the people who lived there had been killed there? But Geralt does not have Luminol and UV-Light, so not all proofs can be found.

3.) Wolfes never kill people and don´t "creepy howl the whole night while eating the corpse", this was a very obvious lie which made me suspicious.

Awesome quest. Aaaaaaaaaw Witcher 3, the best game ever ....... so many creepy crimes to solve, and serial killers and cannibals to hunt...... just like in the old X-Files episodes......

Attachments

• witcher3 2016-01-31 05-24-43-101.jpg
    witcher3 2016-01-31 05-24-43-101.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 1,394
  • witcher3 2016-01-31 05-31-05-221.jpg
    witcher3 2016-01-31 05-31-05-221.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 367
  • witcher3 2016-01-31 05-27-04-909.jpg
    witcher3 2016-01-31 05-27-04-909.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 590
Last edited:
Well, if I were a cannibalistic killer, I would very much like a special, locked room where so can keep my hostages until it's time to slaughter them. Who in an era before electricity and cooling systems would do what is needed to keep their meat fresh? ;)
Post automatically merged:

How many xp should de gain after this quest ? Because i 've gained nothing. Is it normal ?
You probably got a reply to this years ago, but as I can't see one here: I got 18 XP when I didn't find Folkert and accepted the couple's story, and 36 XP when I found him and killed the couple.

Last edited:
Top Bottom