WLM 9.3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg decided to work only for me and made version in my taste. I don't plan to make optional versions like before i will post only one version and that is that... I am fixing and changing some stuff i done under influence of community. I am done with nexus that, because they are lazy group of people. Also i am updating both mod pages.

So, Nexus will be up again? I think it's a wise decision to have just one version, that is really your vision. It's better that way. But maybe you can still share it with the community, because there are a lot of people who liked it. And in a few months, I have time to play again, and I wanted to test your mod :D

Mishikedman;n10206302 said:
Greg decided to work only for me and made version in my taste. I don't plan to make optional versions like before i will post only one version and that is that... I am fixing and changing some stuff i done under influence of community. I am done with nexus that, because they are lazy group of people. Also i am updating both mod pages.

Your mod is the only lighting mod I use. I appreciate that you share your beautiful work with us. If people don't like the mod that you have provided, then they can go find a different mod or make one themselves. Don't let people discourage you from making great mods!

I am not, and yes it will be again on Nexus, I am just updating it, also i will be delate all old ver of mod, i will only leave Lars work, and i will post new version soon.

He is not last one from him was on ver 8. He have lot of work, it is not easy job to run restaurant, he is a belive lead chef. I will keep them on hdd like all other versions i ever done, but i will not keep them on nexus.
​​​​

Mishikedman;n10206642 said:
Reason for this is because people want, demand support for old versions and i can't do this.

can I give you some advice?
WLM is a great mod with merits and defects(same STLM), no matter how much passion / experience you put in it you will never be able to please everyone, you simply have to satisfy yourself. If you like what you see ... that's okay.

WLM is a mod lighting with your customized colors, for this reason you can not please everyone. What I suggest you do is to continue to improve the Vanilla enchanted lighting mod version simply because the vanilla version is the most used. Apply Fixs and improve some areas without overly changing the colors ... This is a definitive mod lighting (from my point of view).

(sorry for eng)

Disagree. Vanilla doesn't fit the setting of the game. WLM delivers a much better atmosphere, IMHO. But you are right, it's about what milos likes to see. it's his mod after all

GregorWladacz;n10206852 said:
Disagree. Vanilla doesn't fit the setting of the game. WLM delivers a much better atmosphere, IMHO. But you are right, it's about what milos likes to see. it's his mod after all

Certainly the atmospheres are better, but the appearance of Geralt becomes horrible ..
I tried to make a version (TBOB mod) for WLM but if I do red hair it becomes orange. if I make gray hair become white, if I make white hair become blinding ..
the skin takes on a strange, plasticized aspect ...

I can tell you this because I'm working hard to improve Geralt but with these mod lighting is impossible.

I think the best solution is to change atmospheres (fog, shadow, etc.) but keeping the vanilla aspect

Thanks Milos for great mod, i use consistently and your work is much appreciated. I know you have doubts and reservations about continuing to support/update mod and that fact that you continue to do so is really awesome

I agree with both of you, and Denroth, problem with lighting mods start when it disable artificial lighting projector lighting, if you want I can make this change to both gameplay0 scene and interior lighting to work as good as Vanilla but with it tone down brightness to look more imersive so Geralt don't look like walking lamp post. Also i can give you pointers on what to change to make it look as good. If you want we can work on this together.Also i made some imo smart change for ver 9 and now 10 so camera and dialogue light for all nice weather are shared and one is used for all nice weather, and other one is used for bad weathers so now you need to change only three values for Novigrad and Velen region. For WO there is one, for Skellige 5, KM two. So all in all. You need to change 11 values. Before you will have to do it for all ENVs.

it seems too "easy" XD of course there are no problems, we can work together on it. from my tests the biggest problem with WLM x is cutscene illumination. The color of Geralt's hair and beard does not match, despite the specific changes on the color of the textures ... I can probably curb the problem with the .redfur files of beard and hair to reduce the brightness .. but I do not think I can solve the problem completely (without your help). I think this problem afflicts all Geralt retexture versions, I think it's a great step forward for WLM if we can solve it. I have not tested all the light conditions with WLM, only Skellige with good weather ... We need more tests (using Geralt retexture) on all the light conditions you use in WLM. Today I'm at work, but tonight I can start the test session and send you screenshots to make the idea better. (my English is horrible -.-) .. I do not think the problem is caused by the artificial projector, but by the sun light too white (for Skellige) .. you need more tests;)

Last edited:
Yes sun can be a problem but this we can compensate with some projektor lighting, like in vanilla, because of different sun color gameplay and cutscene lighting need to be adapted. That is why Vanilla have different values for all regions both for sun and projector lighting. And yes don't worry about English i understand you completely also mine is shity too :)
I think i can fix this on my end tonight for all regions ;) But should i use your mod screenshots as reference or do you think we can improve it ? :) Also ATM i am @ work, and i hope i will have night to work on this. 13:09pm here.

as for the hair too bright .. I think I can solve without difficulty with the .redfur files as soon as I get back home from work I do some preliminary tests. if i encounter problems. I send you the screenshots .. in the meantime you then start testing the vanilla projectors and look for a way to not alter the colors of Geralt.

sorry for DP

I just realized that... I'm using version 9.3 of WLM -.-" .. could you provide me with the X version to start the session of tests? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom