Wolf Gear announcement yaaaaayyyy!!

+
I'm an enthusiastic fan yet I don't feel being punished because Wolf School Armor will be released with the next DLC. More than that, it tickles my curiosity after that bit of disappointment I had with W3. Hell, I even crafted Ursine armor to keep playing the game, even if I'm well satisfied with Feline armor.
So yeah, you can be disappointed about that, but I find your post exaggerated. I feel these DLCs are made (were planned to) to keep the player intrigued with the game, not for some fan service for the console audience. And even if it is, I don't care, at least when it is good content I knew I will use in my next playthrough.
Wut? I never said that it was made as fan service but the opposite. The only reason why these DLC exist is marketing and PR. To keep the game in the news.

And in which way is my post exaggerated? Is simply criticizing CDPR for shady business moves now already heresy or what?

Wut? I never said that it was made as fan service but the opposite. The only reason why these DLC exist is marketing and PR. To keep the game in the news.

And in which way is my post exaggerated? Is simply criticizing CDPR for shady business moves now already heresy or what?
The way you wrote you feel punished, that is exaggerated, imho. Instead of writing only "I don't agree with you" one-line explanation, I said why I don't agree with you after reading the post. Feel free to criticize anyone you want.

in before this thread is locked.

I donot know whether CDPR ripped it out or made it later , but i do agree that the 16 DLC stuff is marketing , to exhibit their ethics or loyalty .

In my opinion , they could have just released it along with the patches and stuff without any big blaring trumpets

But hey , this is marketing and a business ,and as long as they dont stoop in the quality of their games , i am fine with it ( cdpr is a good dev form what we have seen , so if they get more money , then we will get better games)

TL;DR = DLC announcement is just for PR , but good quality content is always welcome

---------- Updated at 02:19 PM ----------

Do you guys have any guess on when this is going to be released?

tomorrow i suppose (wednesday)

No, but criticizing fans for liking what CDPR does with this DLC packs is... also: Giving content out for free, no matter the reason, is hardly a "shady business practice". Compared to the stuff other companies are pulling of these days (platform exclusive content, over priced DLC that should have been part of the initial release, microtransactions in full priced solo titles), it IS downright praiseworthy.

Giving content out for free, no matter the reason, is hardly a "shady business practice".
Of course it is - if the content was meant to be part of the main game from the very beginning.

Anyway, we're going in circles. I'm done here. Propaganda and marketing are obviously working (too) well...

Do you guys have any guess on when this is going to be released?

This coming weds.

---------- Updated at 08:31 AM ----------

Of course it is - if the content was meant to be part of the main game from the very beginning.

Anyway, we're going in circles. I'm done here. Propaganda and marketing are obviously working (too) well...

lol, all I see is tinfoil hat propaganda from you.

There is nothing shady about it. It is content they did not have to create, let alone give it for free. The content was never meant to be part of the main game from the start, it was created specifically to be DLC.

Last edited:

I usually would be the first to agree, but since withholding/giving out minor content - that is NOT outright missing and essential to the main game - for free over a period of 8 weeks is not exploiting the customer in any way, shape or form, I can't. Would it have been better to release all the stuff at once with the main game? Maybe. Does it make a difference? No.

...but I agree, that leads to nothing. I guess some people are so used to criticizing eventhing the industry does, they can't look at it any other way then their own, biased viewpoint.

Well, of course it leads to nothing. Rumor has it that agreeing on some developers choices and these free DLCs from now on is surely a fruit of marketing and propaganda. It cannot be your own idea. It's a trap.

/sarcasm

Last edited:
Well, of course it leads to nothing. Rumor has it that agreeing on some developers choices and these free DLCs from now on is surely a fruit of marketing and propaganda. It cannot be your own idea. It's a trap.

/sarcasm

With everything publishers are pulling off these days, a little paranoia is understandably, though... discerning what is and what isn't "shady", is the trick. ;)

With everything publishers are pulling off these days, a little paranoia is understandably, though... discerning what is and what isn't "shady", is the trick. ;)
Yep, I agree, but I think that seeing everything as evil is different from being skeptic, because a grain of skepticism is what prevents you from being disappointed. The shady evil developers thought is beyond it.

I prefer a "We shall see" approach. :yes

Would it have been better to release all the stuff at once with the main game? Maybe. Does it make a difference? No.

Would it have been better to release all the stuff at once with the main game? Yes, because I could have enjoyed the content from the start instead of having to play through the game a second time to use or see it.

Does it make a difference? Yes, because now I have to wait for an extended period to get the rest of the content into the game to start playing it again, instead of just playing it as normal.

If it doesn't bother you, that's fine, but it bothers some people, myself included. It may not be a serious problem or anything to get too bent out of shape about, but it's annoying enough for me that I have to wait for content that seems like it was excluded from the game with the sole intent of getting good publicity by releasing it as 'free DLC' that I can't look at CDPR as the shining white knights of gaming like a lot of people seem to want to.

Again, not a big deal in the long run, but I find it incredibly annoying. This week we get some armor and an outfit for a character, great, but I'll still be waiting at least another week before I can play the game again because I want my second playthrough to be on NG+, which game files indicate will be coming but was not included in the base game.

What probably happened:
1. Some content was cut (Wolf gear)
2. Some content was for alpha versions (Gwent Epic Cards)
3. Team had work to do anyway.
4. Polish and package these things and get them ready for release AFTER game had gone gold in April.
5. In the 1-2 months near the end of production, people that are free started making some small extra content (quests for example)
6. Add all planned stuff in game files as switches, cause why not do it now?
7. Release.

I see nothing shady in that to be honest.

damn spoiled kids, complaining even when shit is free , hope you're enjoying bare bone editions from any other developers out there while CDPR giving you a shit tons of content for the price of a normal edition of game

even if there was no free dlc i wouldnt complain, even if the dlc were taken out from the game i wouldnt complain, whats the deal here ? you dont want CDPR to sell their game ? to keep up some hype in between the release and the expensions ?

right its a rip off since all these dlc are very pricy ... wait, its fucking free

get over it, and go complains to the other devs ripping you off since years

Last edited:
another week before I can play the game again because I want my second playthrough to be on NG+, which game files indicate will be coming but was not included in the base game.

Yea, but that wasn't the argument... it's irrelevant whether you (or me, for that matter) find it annoying or not... there are people that haven't even finished the game yet, or are even close, they surely don't find it annoying. The argument was: It's a shady business practice to give out parts cut from the game for free later... that's no subjective statement, it's an objective evaluation of CDPR's DLC plan, and it was wrong.

I know where you are coming from, part of me feels the same, but then again: Is it CDPR's fault we flew through the game in 1-2 weeks and are now waiting to go a second round?

Some things are cut for a reason... as any Half Life and STALKER fan can attest :)

Some... might work out eventually with some spit and polish though.
I see NOTHING wrong with finishing unfinished things and packaging them as DLC.

Some things are cut for a reason... as any Half Life and STALKER fan can attest :)

Some... might work out eventually with some spit and polish though.
I see NOTHING wrong with finishing unfinished things and packaging them as DLC.

Not quite sure the Wolf gear quest chain was cut because it wasn't finished, since it's clearly mid game stuff that should have been there... but, again, it's not as big of a deal as people make it out to be.

Top Bottom