Wolf Gear announcement yaaaaayyyy!!

+
Not quite sure the Wolf gear quest chain was cut because it wasn't finished, since it's clearly mid game stuff that should have been there... but, again, it's not as big of a deal as people make it out to be.

It might have been unbalanced and unpolished. And then cut.

Not all DLC has to be end-game. That is bad game design.

Wolf armour looks nice and all, but i was expecting the look of the first armour you wear when starting.

Hopefully in future DLC :)

Wolf armour looks nice and all, but i was expecting the look of the first armour you wear when starting.

Hopefully in future DLC :)

Not sure if this armor will be used for anything down the line now... I think it's just the starting armor and that's that.

Wolf armour looks nice and all, but i was expecting the look of the first armour you wear when starting.Hopefully in future DLC :)
I was hoping Wolf would like the starting armor too. Starting armor is the best looking in the game...why?

Available on PC and Xbox, but nothing on PS4 :(

Any chance to get it today Marcin ? Can't wait to get this armor :D

So, that's two medium sets now, but only light and heavy... any chance that will change soon? ;)

...just kidding, there aren't any schools left, afterall.

PS4 should be out by tomorrow. There are certain submission periods we sadly cannot skip.
ok thank you :)

Attachments

• 1426125407577.png
    1426125407577.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 86
PS4 should be out by tomorrow. There are certain submission periods we sadly cannot skip.

Hey Marcin, I have all the diagrams for Wolf School gear, but I can't make them as I need the standard versions of each part. Where can I find these?

Also, PLEASE add Kaer Morhan armour quests for Enhance/Superior/Master, I know it's subjective but many consider the starting armour the best looking in the game.

To my eyes, the starting armor is still by far the most aesthetically pleasing one in the game, with Ursine being a close enough second to be a tie.

The completionist in me will craft and try on this new Wolf armor, but the only way it'll get worn long term is if the stats work for me and I can find an appearance swap mod to give it the look of the starting or bear armor. Don't mean to sound ungrateful, I appreciate the incredible support and free DLC we get from CDPR, but I really don't understand why the armor a large number of us (see poll) like best and is used in almost all of the promotional materials is a throwaway item that is outclassed in or just after the starter zone.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/45498-Which-is-the-best-looking-Witcher-Armour-set
Current results for best looking witcher gear:
Starting Armor 40.95%
Griffin 6.03%
Feline 21.98%
Ursine 41.38%

Please hide some upgrades for the starter armor behind some terrible foes in far away places. A little more shine here and there, deepened colors and call it a day. It would only take a few hours of someones time and a few more to place the chests and write the quest.

Edit: Just saw the picture of the Mastercrafted Wolf armor... Pretty Badass! I'd wear that.

Last edited:
Here are some problems I have with this DLC (may contain spoilers):
- The blacksmith in Kaer Muire who sold one of the maps is nowhere to be found at end game. That means it's impossible to get part 3 map if you finisned all main quests.
- Starting armor is level 14, schematics are in Kaer Morhen. This is the problem because you can only get to Kaer Morhen when you finish more than half the game, those who do main quests along with side quests should be more or less than lvl 20 at this stage. This means the starting level for this armor is useless. Please make Kaer Morhen travel-able before the required main quest.
- I finished the game before the exp fix so I don't know how it work after patched. But I only reached lvl 34 after I finished all main and side quests (might have missed 1-2 side quests), meanwhile the mastercrafted required lvl 34, that means it's useless unless the expansions come out and I get to use the armor with late levels.
- IMO schematics's location is a nutshell, but that's probably just me.

- The blacksmith in Kaer Muire who sold one of the maps is nowhere to be found at end game. That means it's impossible to get part 3 map if you finisned all main quests.
- Starting armor is level 14, schematics are in Kaer Morhen. This is the problem because you can only get to Kaer Morhen when you finish more than half the game, those who do main quests along with side quests should be more or less than lvl 20 at this stage. This means the starting level for this armor is useless. Please make Kaer Morhen travel-able before the required main quest.
- I finished the game before the exp fix so I don't know how it work after patched. But I only reached lvl 34 after I finished all main and side quests (might have missed 1-2 side quests), meanwhile the mastercrafted required lvl 34, that means it's useless unless the expansions come out and I get to use the armor with late levels.
- IMO schematics's location is a nutshell, but that's probably just me.

So, you gotta start the quest chain late game, although the base armor is useless then, but you only can finish it post-game, where you no longer need it, since the expansions will be post-ending too... not very well planned that.

Same here, right now the DLC seems to be broken for "Endgame" players...

Master wolf armor looks just like a temerian armor reskin but in game it really looks different from all the rest. I'm digging it quite a lot. The higher level than the other 3 sets makes it superior imo. Let's hope CDPR don't stop there with the witcher gear.

Top Bottom