Wolf Gear announcement yaaaaayyyy!!

+
Here are some problems I have with this DLC (may contain spoilers):
- Snip -
- Starting armor is level 14, schematics are in Kaer Morhen. This is the problem because you can only get to Kaer Morhen when you finish more than half the game, those who do main quests along with side quests should be more or less than lvl 20 at this stage. This means the starting level for this armor is useless. Please make Kaer Morhen travel-able before the required main quest.
- Snip -
- IMO schematics's location is a nutshell, but that's probably just me.

I am in complete agreement. It makes zero sense.

I'm level 18 and haven't even completed "Where's Junior?" let alone set foot on Skellige. It'll take me weeks to get to Kaer Morhen because I always complete literally every side quest first before I even touch the main quest (don't want a main quest to close the door on a side quest).

I am fully aware of that.

You might not have noticed because you play on another platform, but the Nilfgaardian armor and Elite Crossbow Set were released with a delay of one week for almost every country's PS Store except for very few like the US one. What I'm getting at is that this could possibly be the case for these 2 pieces as well.
Oh man.
You guys got it rough. I am in the U.S, and I wasn't aware of the situation.
I wish you get it as soon as possible.

Enjoy folk not mine btw, mastercrafted wolf armor.

Finally a good looking medium set! (well, probably the best looking set in general at this point).

---------- Updated at 06:23 PM ----------

Here are some problems I have with this DLC (may contain spoilers):
- The blacksmith in Kaer Muire who sold one of the maps is nowhere to be found at end game. That means it's impossible to get part 3 map if you finisned all main quests.
- Starting armor is level 14, schematics are in Kaer Morhen. This is the problem because you can only get to Kaer Morhen when you finish more than half the game, those who do main quests along with side quests should be more or less than lvl 20 at this stage. This means the starting level for this armor is useless. Please make Kaer Morhen travel-able before the required main quest.
- I finished the game before the exp fix so I don't know how it work after patched. But I only reached lvl 34 after I finished all main and side quests (might have missed 1-2 side quests), meanwhile the mastercrafted required lvl 34, that means it's useless unless the expansions come out and I get to use the armor with late levels.
- IMO schematics's location is a nutshell, but that's probably just me.

They should put the sarting schematics somewhere else because you are right that where they are now doesn't make much sense given the level of the starting armor (even if you just follow the main quest you will be overlevel for that set anyway).

They should put the schematics in Skellige, for example (or even Velen, if in some guarded place). Strange that CDPR didn't think something so obvious.

So, you gotta start the quest chain late game, although the base armor is useless then, but you only can finish it post-game, where you no longer need it, since the expansions will be post-ending too... not very well planned that.
There is an easy solution to this.
I don't get why the diagrams for the base Wolf armor is in Kaer Morhen, because it renders the basic form of the armor useless since your level would be much higher by the time you reach Kaer Morhen. CDPR should have had the diagrams for the basic armor in White Orchard or Velen, and the enhanced in Skellige or Novigrad, and the superior or mastercrafted in Kaer Morhen. It would also make more sense in the context, because you'll have to find the best version in the heart of the Wolf school instead of finding the the basic one there.
I love CDPR, but sometimes I scratch my head when it comes to some of their decision.

Can anyone help me with wolf swords console comand?

If the naming convention is like the other 3 schools it would be the following for the base set

additem('Wolf School steel sword')
additem('Wolf School silver sword')
additem('Wolf Armor')
additem('Wolf Boots 1')
additem('Wolf Pants 1')
additem('Wolf Gloves 1')

There is an easy solution to this.
I don't get why the diagrams for the base Wolf armor is in Kaer Morhen, because it renders the basic form of the armor useless since your level would be much higher by the time you reach Kaer Morhen. CDPR should have had the diagrams for the basic armor in White Orchard or Velen, and the enhanced in Skellige or Novigrad, and the superior or mastercrafted in Kaer Morhen. It would also make more sense in the context, because you'll have to find the best version in the heart of the Wolf school instead of finding the the basic one there.
I love CDPR, but sometimes I scratch my head when it comes to some of their decision.

Yup, quest and gear progression in this game seams to be all over the place at times... if CDPR doesn't realize that soon, modders will have some major tweaking to do for some time.

If the naming convention is like the other 3 schools it would be the following for the base set

additem('Wolf Armor')
additem('Wolf Boots 1')
additem('Wolf Pants 1')
additem('Wolf Gloves 1')

Yup that works, just tried additem('Wolf Armor') and i got the level 14 chest armor. Lovely, now i dont have worry about getting to Kaer Morhen to quickly. ;)

RED should really fix that. A level 14 diagram should not be in Kaer Morhen!.

Or they could simply not lock us out of Kaer Morhen until midgame.

Let us go back when we please and give us storage space there.

Would be nice to see who's there before things get messy.

Last edited:

Agreed. If we had access to Kaer Morhen just like we do to Velen/Novigrad and Skellige, this would be a nonissue.

My god does this game need storage. For all the million things they got right its hard to see how they missed something so obvious, something that the previous two Witcher games had...

Well, since you first get to KM with SPOILER in tow, and are greeted by Vesemir, I think it would be best to make the actual fortress either empty or inaccessible before that point in the story... you don't need it for the armor anyhow.

additem('Wolf Armor')
additem('Wolf Boots 1')
additem('Wolf Pants 1')
additem('Wolf Gloves 1')

Thx friend. Its works. I missed "school" in the command.

Sweet baby Jesus that looks cool. I think the starter gear just got dethroned!

I'd completely have to agree, even the basic and enhanced versions I was digging as, to me, they look like they came straight from Witcher 1 and Witcher 2

I finished the game, and after completing it there is no people in Kaer Muire, and I basically can't buy the map for missing parts of superior armor. Moreover, if I just going to explore without map, in one of locations chest doesn't appear after examining wolf face symbol. What should I do? Playing on PS4. Location I. Which chest does not appear close to Arinbjorn and I believe I am missing superior silver sword diagram, which comes from this chest.

Wish the made the armor fully closed instead of lazily left partially unbuckled save for the neck area as if it is too small. This isn't Cholo in Poland 3.

Top Bottom