Wolf Gear announcement yaaaaayyyy!!

+
I finished the game, and after completing it there is no people in Kaer Muire, and I basically can't buy the map for missing parts of superior armor. Moreover, if I just going to explore without map, in one of locations chest doesn't appear after examining wolf face symbol. What should I do? Playing on PS4. Location I. Which chest does not appear close to Arinbjorn and I believe I am missing superior silver sword diagram, which comes from this chest.

Yes, me too. This is really sad.

I gotta be honest. I was abit dissapointed with the wolf set. It looks great, but in terms of stats, it was just a jack of all trades instead of CDPR being creative, and adding unique special features.

So, that's two medium sets now, but only light and heavy... any chance that will change soon? ;)

...just kidding, there aren't any schools left, afterall.

Well I am glad that it's a medium armor because I discarded Griffin Armor completely (Thanks to bear belly look) so we have a nice replacement now and medium armor is perfect for a sign build :)

I wish I could get so excited about an armor set, I didn't even collect the current ones.:coffee:

Word. All those "Free" DLCs should've been already ingame.

---------- Updated at 03:46 PM ----------

This would be great.

Completely agree. It's basically a sleeveless leather jacket, Machete don't tweet Geralt doesn't wear armor.

---------- Updated at 04:03 PM ----------

They're free. It'd be a whole other story if they weren't. People tend to like free stuff. Waiting for new content to release gets people excited or even hyped.

They're not free - you already payed for them by bying the game.

---------- Updated at 04:25 PM ----------

To be fair, TW2 was initially pre console and had the same dlc drops. TW1 had an interesting main story and that was about it. Almost everything else was dull and needlessly convoluted more often than not.

Blasphemer. The thing is TW1 didn't need any DLCs as it was great as is.

Word. All those "Free" DLCs should've been already ingame.

---------- Updated at 03:46 PM ----------

Completely agree. It's basically a sleeveless leather jacket, Machete don't tweet Geralt doesn't wear armor.

---------- Updated at 04:03 PM ----------

They're not free - you already payed for them by bying the game.

---------- Updated at 04:25 PM ----------

I think if the content felt like it was missing from the main game, ie: Assassins Creed 2, then you'd be right. But, the DLC doesn't feel like it's been ripped out of the main game. That, and not costing any money. It probably says more about the industry than it does about CDPR, but go onto PSN or XBL and you will find similar content that will cost money post launch.

My understanding, per the Gamespot video series, was that they planned to start working on this content once the game went gold. But, if you're saying that CDPR is lying...then fine, but I'm willing to believe them. The content being free absolves them of alot, even if you're being cynical about it. But, again...that probably says more about the state of the industry than it does about CDPR.

I agree, Geralt shouldn't wear armor...but it's easy to let slide for aesthic purposes and to provide more options. As long as it's not mandatory, and it's all cool for me. Though, the only thing I find annoying is whenever I see someone in a messageboard or comments section claiming that Geralt shouldn't wear a jacket or something, which I've seen said about the Wolf school armor. Which, for someone whose read the translated novels...is pretty damn annoying to read.

Pretty sure the first Witcher game got DLC too. I believe it was DLC that was basically inspired by 'The Lesser Evil'. I might be remembering it wrong, though.

Last edited:
Dear CDPR, new wolf armor set look nice, very nice, but brings to mind a retex for temerian armor. Half of russian's gamers would like to see upgradeable start armor! The other half would like to see armor from concept:

For bear armor, many people expected armor from concept, but they were given other, simpler armor.

Why do you show to us one picture and give to us another, simpler version of armor??? Please, please, please create 4-th (relic) upgrade or alternarive look for armor sets!

I have realized that you have removed the fur for optimization, but why then Krah an Krayt have fur, and at bear armor has old rag around his neck?

Where is these armors? You show it to us! Where is the hoods?

Attachments

• the-witcher-3-c.jpg
    the-witcher-3-c.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 684
  • wolf_armor_sketch_by_jakubon-d816u9b.jpg
    wolf_armor_sketch_by_jakubon-d816u9b.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 453
  • 024ea752.jpeg
    024ea752.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 50
  • QFPzjcsZ-CE.jpg
    QFPzjcsZ-CE.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

TW1 needed a new version of the game to be playable at all. :D

And the new armor is okay, but the placement doesn't make sense. The armor is for level 14 or so, the main quest that brings you to KM is level 19 and when I went to KM in my 2nd playthrough for the first time, I was level 26.

Where is these armors? You show it to us! Where is the hoods?

Not everything that gets a concept art ends up being in a game. ;)

Was hoping for something more like the starting armour, but it's ok I guess. It looks like one of my lest favorite sets from W2.

Dear CDPR, new wolf armor set look nice, very nice, but brings to mind a retex for temerian armor. Half of russian's gamers would like to see upgradeable start armor!

Not just Russian gamers, most gamers everywhere would like 4 lvls of the Kaer Morhen starting armor. That armor is shown everywhere, on most screenshots and all the trailers.

TW1 needed a new version of the game to be playable at all. :D

And the new armor is okay, but the placement doesn't make sense. The armor is for level 14 or so, the main quest that brings you to KM is level 19 and when I went to KM in my 2nd playthrough for the first time, I was level 26.
Not everything that gets a concept art ends up being in a game. ;)

1) Won't argue - simply because I played it in 2013 but even with the EE I experienced several bugs and one that almost corrupted my savegames (also each savegame weighing 25 Mb is really pushing it).

2) That was a great concept though, cool pic, haven't seen it before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom