WOLF GEAR BUG STILL ON GOING TO THIS DAY

+
CosmicSmasher;n9863921 said:
I just picked up both dlcs after finishing my new game+ and the first thing I do is Ofier's Distant Shores and encounter this bug. Not really making me want to continue on when the VERY FIRST QUEST IS BROKEN. I see no sense in reporting it through the proper channels, as it seems clear they know it's a problem. I'm not interested in starting a dlc special file, I just spent hundreds of hours playing through the game twice to get to this dlc. I only spent 12.50$ for both DLCs so I gues that helps a bit but this is still very disappointing. Remove the quest, patch in the item, put a warning on the game store, do something so every new player doesn't have to encounter this BS!

It's very common for such issues to arise when a playthrough was begun in one version, then updated through multiple versions over time. If that's not the case, then it may simply be a set of variables in your playthrough. You can always play the expansion as a standalone adventure by launching it directly from the main menu.

Such problems are a nuisance with all large RPGs. Though, most of the time, each issue is so rare that most players will never experience them. I admit freely that "cannot open XYZ chest" pops up quite a bit more often than some bugs, but it affects only a small minorty of players. (And yes, thousands and thousands of players is still a very small fraction.) That's the issue -- I don't think the chest issues can ever be reliably recreated. The bug is seemingly buried in the code somewhere, and despite several years of "fixing" it...it keeps coming back. It's like trying to strangle water.

Best bet if you encounter it is to reload to a point before starting the quest, try to empty out your inventory as much as possible (stash or sell), then begin the quest again. If it won't respond, save / reload a whole bunch of times. If that won't work, run away, transition between inside / outside locations (where Geralt auto-transitions between a walk / jog), then run back to the chest and try to activate it again.

If all else fails, starting the quest as a standalone from the main menu is probably the best bet.

Just brought the expansion and found out its bugged for two years, without a fix and it's still being sold. Stops me from buying any other games from cdpr, if this is how they treat people.

Snozzle1;n9961971 said:
Just brought the expansion and found out its bugged for two years, without a fix and it's still being sold. Stops me from buying any other games from cdpr, if this is how they treat people.

LOL, of course it is irritating, but i wish more companies have treated people like CDPR do. Go buy EA p2w game.

is there any possibility the wolf gear bug will be ever fixed? Just returned to the game after few years.. kind od expected it will work by now..

I can't express how disappointing it is to come on here, looking for help, only to find that this is a known issue that has been apparent for several years. I mean, the content has only been out for almost 2 years.

If it was broken, why was it never advertised or told - they've taken my money.

It feels like hundreds of hours I've put into this franchise have just been pissed on, to be honest. Very disappointed in CDPR

I bought witcher 3 about a month ago and really enjoying the game. It is disappointing though that can not get the wolf gear being Geralt is in the wolf clan. I know the game has been out for almost 3 years and have read that there is not a fix for the bug. Could the gear be sold at a vendor?

Wolf School Gear

Hey guys, Im having trouble opening the chest to get the wolf armor. I found the letter on the corpse but i wanna know if theres any way i can fix it, should i reinstall the game or look somewhere else or something? Please help, its the only quest im missing

Hey OP,

Just made an account to tell you this cause I literally spent hours trying different ways to the wolven gear quest to work. Bottom line, the only way you can open the chest is by starting a new game.

HOWEVER!

There is something that makes it partially better, you can do a quest at Kaer Morhen, in which one of the items you can loot is an already crafted set of the mastercrafted chest armor. The quest is called The Witchers' Forge. You start the quest by finding a book about Witchers in Kaer Morhen. It is located in one of the chests next to the stairs you use to get up to where Yen is. I dont remember what the title of the book is but if you have trouble finding it, read the link bellow.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witchers'_Forge

Additionally, if/when you get the blood wine DLC you can craft the full set of grandmaster level wolves armor without requiring the previous level of great.

Best of Luck

- Barclayh7

I have been playing this game for around a year and a half now and the game is very touch and go with this quest to this day. There is no second crystal, the box is not lootable nor does it glow red, I even made my way down to the cave where you actually pick up the armour and still no skeleton. This is the 4th version of the game on xbox one and this problem is still here. I have uninstalled both the dlc and the game and again still no change. If you can help me please email me at reiayanamiP00@gmail.com and let me know you are from this thread and what i can do to improve. If anything CD you should really fix this bug that from what i can see has been a persistent one since the release of the wolf school gear dlc

Sorry for the hassle, but this was one of the issues that could not be fixed. As far as I know, there's no rhyme or reason as to how and why this occurs. I'm afraid the only possible fix is to restore to an earlier save and try again. It might be best to restore the game to a point before first arriving in KM for the winter.

As it stands, the bug just seems to happen in some cases and not in others. No way to reliably recreate it, so no way of figuring out what's causing it. :(

I’ve reported this issue before and all they say is “Start a new game”. That isn’t a fix. And I’ve started SIX, count them, SIX new games. ALL have bugged at the Wolf Gear quest and they won’t make things right by even offering the gear to those that have been trying to get it for over 2-3 years!!! I will never buy a game from their company. I’ll stick with Ubisoft. ✌🏼

Guys, i have finished the game i have a save game back from 2014 and all i wanted to do is to get that Wolf Gear, and the F.. chest just wont open, cmon can you guys please make the gear available via download or something, ive been trying since 2014 to get this, playes all the witcher games, bought this game at launch and love it to this day, but this is the one thing that every Witcher player wants and cannot get. can you please give me a solution that does not envolve starting over my 200 hours of playing time. Thank you very much.

There is no known fix for the bug, folks. Unfortunately, if it occurs, the only option players have is to reload / retry, start a new game, or just carry on. Workarounds like "add it to a vendor" are not possible because of how the merchant system works; it would cause issues throughout the entire system. The same issue crops up on all platforms for no apparent reason, but it works perfectly fine for most players. Without being able to narrow down the source to steps that can be 100% recreated, it's simply not possible to track down what, exactly, is causing it. Despite all the work done on it, the issue simply continues to occur.

I apologize for the disappointment and frustration it may add to the experience. Everything that can be done to try to resolve it has been done. Work on the issue is long since concluded, I'm afraid.

People keep saying the only way to fix this big is to start a new game, but this is absurd when you've already put 100 hours into a playthrough.

How is that an easier solution than someone at CDPR making a new merchant, sitting him on a distant rock you have to sail to, and having him sell the diagrams? Then they could change the apology letter to read "sorry this is broken, but seek out this merchant here and you can get the diagrams."

Or, as someone else suggested, just put the diagrams on the body you find the letter on!

I doubt the dev tools they have to use are any more complex than other game engines so the hardest/longest part would be getting the patch through the approval process at Sony (which is just a form and some uploads.)

Please, just give us the diagrams already!

2019 and I only realized that this damned crystal only shows up AFTER starting New Game + on PS4. Can't say for PC versions though.
It kinda sucks I guess but CDPR did an EXCELLENT job creating this game.

Just an update on the missing crystal for ps4 platforms, it only appears AFTER you start New Game+ so if you really want the wolf gear diagrams, that's what's at stake.

I should not be penalized to start a NEW GAME because their developers are too lazy to fix this issue with the Wolf Gear diagrams!

@BenNorthway provided an excellent solution for at least the first diagram. Create a merchant and stick them on an island someplace that we can sail to so that we can finish the quest! I’ve spent well over 300+ hours in this game and already did THREE NEW GAMES BECAUSE CDRP TOLD ME THAT WAS THE ONLY WAY. Well, after doing so third time I AM NOT RESTARTING THE WHOLE GAME A FOURTH TIME!

Apply a work around or fix that DOES NOT involve beginning a new game! This is absolutely ridiculous! The careless attitude the developers appear to have is mind numbing. If I did that at my job, I’d be without that job!

You can make the Grandmaster Variant of the Wolven Armour in the Blood and Wine expansion without the Master Variant.
Unfortunate Yes but still available; that is the only fix you will ever receive for this issue as stated by CDPR.
Post automatically merged:

Just an update on the missing crystal for ps4 platforms, it only appears AFTER you start New Game+ so if you really want the wolf gear diagrams, that's what's at stake.
False, once Toussaint is reached you may create Grandmaster Wolven armor prior to starting NG+ or even finishing your first playthrough.

Top Bottom