Wolf Gear Chest Won't Open

+
I never had that bug in 7 playthroughts only thing that may help is that I never did that quest before finishing main story ( not counting DLC quests ) and only side quest I did in Kaer Morhen before finishing main quests is Berengars blade because it has to be completed before Isle of the mist quest. Maybe this can help to someone.

I never had that bug in 7 playthroughts only thing that may help is that I never did that quest before finishing main story ( not counting DLC quests ) and only side quest I did in Kaer Morhen before finishing main quests is Berengars blade because it has to be completed before Isle of the mist quest. Maybe this can help to someone.

Nor have I in 6 playthroughs. However, it's 100% confirmed to be a random issue with no known cause and no known fix. If it happens, the only 2 things that I know of that has ever worked (and then, only for a very few players) is to:

1.) save near the chest / crystal that won't respond and repeatedly reload your saved game.

2.) reload to a point before Geralt journeys to Kaer Morhen for the first time, and try again.

*3.) Or, if on PC, you can use console commands to put the armor in your inventory.

Sometimes...in games with 1,000,000+ lines of code...these things just happen. :sad:

I have this issue as well.

I play PS4 Pro.

When I first time arrived at the signal tower I was able to pick up all collectible items except this one very chest.

After I learned that it is a bug, I did the following:

- reload my last save
- reboot my console

They didn't work. But the corpse nearby the chest is lootable after every reloads. I have now several Pang of Conscience - silver swords and letters of apology other. Also every time I reload the other chest next to this corpse is almost re-lootable. The button appears but then goes away.

I think that the bug has something to do with this corpse and maybe the other chest as well.

I hope this helps you guys to solve the bug.

I have this issue as well.

I play PS4 Pro.

When I first time arrived at the signal tower I was able to pick up all collectible items except this one very chest.

After I learned that it is a bug, I did the following:

- reload my last save
- reboot my console

They didn't work. But the corpse nearby the chest is lootable after every reloads. I have now several Pang of Conscience - silver swords and letters of apology other. Also every time I reload the other chest next to this corpse is almost re-lootable. The button appears but then goes away.

I think that the bug has something to do with this corpse and maybe the other chest as well.

I hope this helps you guys to solve the bug.

Actually, and this is still deduction, not official, I think it's the way the game is updated. Perhaps completely uninstalling and reinstalling the complete package upfront may have an effect, but if I'm right, it would require beginning a brand, new game.

If your game was started in one version, then updated, then the files that introduce the Wolf School gear were added via the DLC, then the game was updated some more, and/or more DLC was added as it was released...I think that's most likely why it happens. Even if people install absolutely everything fresh, there may be reference data in the existing savegame files that will continue to manifest the bug (similar to modding issues).

End result is, no one was able to uncover the source of the bug. It simply shouldn't be happening, but it is. :(

I'm at Kaer Morhen and i'm at the location for the Wolf School Gear but i cannot open the chest.
What can i do. I tryed loading older save games but still the same problem.

Hi I’ve tried everything but I can’t open the chest I’m on the latest version and it’s not opening

Hi I’ve tried everything but I can’t open the chest I’m on the latest version and it’s not opening
I think, unfortunately, for what I know, there is nothing that you can do :(
(wait the futur next-gen update which could fix it).
At least, you can loot a master wolf chest armor during the quest “The Witcher’s Forge”.

Hi, I am playing Witcher 3 on Xbox One X and after the 4.0 update I can't still open the chest in Kaer Morhen from Wolf Armor Scavenger hunt quest. As far as I know, it was fixed in "New Game+" in previous updates. And I hoped it's going to be fixed for all saves etc. with 4.0.

Unfortunately, I truly doubt the cause will ever be found at this stage. According to what I've heard over the years, there's no consistent rhyme or reason for it to occur. It just does. Most players are completely unaffected...a few lucky ones simply can't avoid the issue. It'll be wild to find out what it is if anyone is ever able to track it down.

Top Bottom