Wolf Gear Chest Won't Open

+
Still having issues with Wolf school gear.

I've been tearing my hair out with this questline, I hadn't played the game since it's release and after both expansion were brought out I thought I'd buy the expansion pass and start a whole new game again. With all the new free dlc I was pretty excited. Was itching to get my hands on the wolven gear so I picked up a few of the enhanced and superior diagrams before even making it to kaer morhen.

Upon reaching there I tracked the quest and made it up to the signal tower, there's a skeleton with a letter of apology and a sword called pang of conscience. First of all, I can't loot the chest up in the tower ,and when I looked up the locations and went to find them on my own, they places they are found aren't lootable. This is only applicable to the base set and doesn't appear to effect the enhanced superior and mastercrafted set diagrams.

I've seen there were issues with this before but I'm having issues with it after the blood and wine patch. I've tried re-downloading the dlc again but I get the same thing. the chest is constantly unlootable as well as all the bodies the diagrams are found on.

Would appreciate some info on this as it's really frustrating me.

Last edited:
Yeah I had it installed when I started a new game. Tried everything from re-installing the dlc to straight up deleting the game from my PS4 including all the DLC and rei-installing it all. Still nothing. I've got a bad feeling I'm probably gonna have to wait for NG+ till I get it now which I'm really not happy with. I keep thinking it's because I picked up all the enhanced pieces before I picked up the basic set, but it doesn't make much sense that the enhanced superior and mastercrafted armor has all spawned when the basic stuff hasn't

Yeah I had it installed when I started a new game. Tried everything from re-installing the dlc to straight up deleting the game from my PS4 including all the DLC and rei-installing it all. Still nothing. I've got a bad feeling I'm probably gonna have to wait for NG+ till I get it now which I'm really not happy with. I keep thinking it's because I picked up all the enhanced pieces before I picked up the basic set, but it doesn't make much sense that the enhanced superior and mastercrafted armor has all spawned when the basic stuff hasn't

Hm that is interesting. I had the issue before 1.20 but now it works for me. I would recommend letting CDPR know about the issue at http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/. Sending them your save file and CUSA number will likely help in the process.

Wolf Gear Chest Won't Open

I've spent at least a half hour searching around the internet before making this, and apparently this was the game's most common(?) glitch until some patches made it a little less buggy. I'm on the latest version, and it still won't work for me.

At the start of the quest, the game tells you to search the ruins of an old signal tower; where you're supposed to open a chest. As per the usual glitch, the chest can't be interacted with for me. Even stranger, every time I save and reload my game, all of the other items in the tower are restored (even though I have them in my inventory) but it still doesn't make the chest usable.

So far I've been told the only two possible fixes are completely uninstalling everything and reinstalling (which'll take about ten hours and doesn't always work) and reloading a save before I ever entered Kaer Morhen (which was luckily only about two hours ago, as I picked clean Skellige, Novigrad, and White Orchard before advancing).

Since this has been a popular issue for over a year, are there any other known fixes for this that I somehow overlooked? I'll try reloading my save a few hours ago and reentering Kaer, but I want more information before I spend a day reinstalling the game and all the DLC.

---------- Updated at 04:35 PM ----------

Update: reloading a save before I had first entered Kaer Morhen didn't work. If reinstalling also doesn't fix it, I'm out of options.

Hey, I've been experiencing the same issue since yesterday and indeed there seems to be no solution. But you might want to hold on before reinstalling, as apparently there is going to be a patch released tomorrow in which they will implement a fix for this bug:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/96...s4-and-xbox-one-tomorrow-patch-notes-released

Hopefully it will work :)

I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones, then. I'm really picky about game completionism, so after playing this game nonstop for the last week or so I was about to abandon it until the issue was fixed. It's beyond lucky I'll only have to wait a day; if it works as intended.

Also, gg to CD Projekt Red for still being active in patches that aren't monetary-related so long after the game's been out. I've never seen that kind of devotion to actively working to improve the players' experience in my long history of gaming. Fingers crossed for the patch to finally crack down on this bug.

@sperowolf This issue was one of the things they tried to address in the patch that released today (1.30). Load the new patch and report back if the issue is still there.

Wolf Gear Chest Wont Open [1.30]

In the quest the game tells you to search the ruins of an old signal tower; where you're supposed to open a chest.
I cant open that chest, I have saw that this is a very commun bug and that it occurs since this DLC was released to some people, including my self.
It the release of the patch 1.30 i thought it would be solved but is not.
I already tried to unninstal the game data and the patches, and installing everything again and still doesnt work.
Hope u can help me, Thank You.

I already saw lots of articles about this problem but nothing for what i saw its impossible to saw this bugs,I Know CDPR tried to fix this problem in the new patch but it isnt working for me yet!

I already saw lots of articles about this problem but nothing for what i saw its impossible to saw this bugs,I Know CDPR tried to fix this problem in the new patch but it isnt working for me yet!

Did you already tried what was said in the pepe's post that is shown when you open my previous thread link? It suggests that you
transform Uma, bring Ciri to Kaer Morhen
and then walk to watchtower and try again? This fellaw still had the bug after 1.30 but this solution fixed it.

Oh bummer :( Then I can't think of anything else if you already revisited the tower by walking there.

i walk to watchtower without roach but the chest didn't open, ican loot only the cadaver that have a sword and a letter with the esxcuse from the developer team...There is a workaround to open chest or we have to wait a new patch?
BTW great work and i love this game guys!

Just came to mind... Haven't tried this myself, and I know that it's not the same as fixed quest... but something that might ease the pain a little.

When you do the quest Witcher's Forge,
you can find master crafted Wolf armor chest piece. Not diagram, but the actual armor. So I assume that you can also update this piece to Grand Master level.

Sadly I think the quest is not working even with a patch if the quest is already bugged at your current game. It should work if you start new one.

Last edited:
Thank's a lot for the answer i'll try it :D .I love this game but i'm at level 26 now and restart a new one and redo all the quest at the moment is not an option..Hope the team will release a patch soon beacuse is a problem that a lot of player have. Thank for all guys !

Same for me, finished the main game. Still have to do the 2 DLC but I would prefer to have the Wolf gear set to do them...

I've sent a support ticket, I hope they will fix it in the next release :) Or they'll put a new diagram somewhere, to be bought or whatever but not let the players like this.

Top Bottom