Wolf Gear: quest says to go to Kaer Morhen. wtf? There IS no Kaer Morhen to go to

+
Wolf Gear: quest says to go to Kaer Morhen. wtf? There IS no Kaer Morhen to go to

I'm level 22 now with 193 hours into the game and I've been wearing the starting chest armour the entire time because I can't stand the appearance of any other armour I've come across so far. I want to get the Wolf School gear, which is still way underleveled for me but still an improvement.

However, the Wolf School scavenger hunt quest says I need to go to Kaer Morhen to get it. Seeing as how the only contact with Kaer Morhen I've encountered so far has been in the dream in the prologue, I was baffled how to do this.

So I opened the world map and sure enough there's Kaer Morhen! Well, let's travel there, I thought. Except there's no Fast Travel point to go to (obviously, since we've never even been there in the game.)

Thinking I've surely missed something embarrassingly obvious, I went to IGN's guide to see the instructions for how to get the Wolf gear. Except the instructions and the video itself make no mention of the most obvious predicament of all: how in the name of noonwraiths' tits do I even GET THERE?

Can anyone advise me? If I was just starting out the game I would think "Oh, well, surely sometime later I'll get a chance to go to Kaer Morhen" but it's been 200 hours and I'm 8 levels overleveled already for the basic Wolf gear and there's so far no indication whatsoever how in Eternal Fucking Fire I'm supposed to get this level 14 gear.

In the words of Bernard Loredo: what the arsefuck is going on here? This seems to be something that nobody else is perplexed by but me, and I don't understand why.

Wearing the starting chest armor at level 22 just because you "don't like the look" of the other armors you've found is really stupid. Your stats matter. Your "looks" do not. I didn't like the look of a lot of the chest armors either. But I equipped the better pieces when I found them, knowing that I'll eventually get the Witcher armor I like and I'll be able to keep upgrading it. I just can't fathom gimping yourself like that, over "looks". That's probably why you've got so many more hours than you should have. Because your gear is holding you back. At least you look pretty though, I guess.

Top Bottom