Wolf School Gear: Kaer Morhen Signal Tower Chest/Crystal/Portal Bug AFTER Patch 1.11

+
Wolf School Gear: Kaer Morhen Signal Tower Chest/Crystal/Portal Bug AFTER Patch 1.11

Im still having problems with opening that chest with Hieronymus Note in it.

I wen't trough early saves, even collected all maps, before going there. But nothing changed after patch 1.11

I see people from other platforms saying they have their problem fixed with that patch, but didin't helped me on PS4.

I have same problem

I have same problem. Patch 1.11 DLC Hearts of Stone And downloded all Free DLC

Im still having problems with opening that chest with Hieronymus Note in it.

I wen't trough early saves, even collected all maps, before going there. But nothing changed after patch 1.11

I see people from other platforms saying they have their problem fixed with that patch, but didin't helped me on PS4.

At this point I contacted technical support. And I got instructions to send them my save file, so they can check it and see whats the problem. So I would advise anybody who has same problem, to do the same.

Open this link:
http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

And before you type anything, copy and paste this:
[Bug][Quest][Blocker] Wolf School Gear - Wolf School Gear/Missing Crystal/Inactive Portal/Inactive Chest

Use these screen shots i posted in this thread, and attach them as file.

Then you need to make a copy of your save file, and put it on USB, so you can attach it to the report aswell.
And to do that, follow this instruction:
Settings -> Application Saved Data Management (opcja 7) -> Saved Data in System Storage (opcja 1) -> Copy to USB Storage (opcja 2).

Once you get it on USB, there will be two files inside that folder, so you need to attach both of them. One is 16MB the other one is 1KB.

Good luck.

Did they help you fix it?

At this point I contacted technical support. And I got instructions to send them my save file, so they can check it and see whats the problem. So I would advise anybody who has same problem, to do the same.

I'm in the process of getting the info together, but I was curious if you have heard back and gotten the issue resolved.

Hi guys,
I have THE solution for you.
I'm going to tell you how to skip the level design of this quest. Before beginning, you'll have to get the superior white raffard's decoction. If you don't have it here is a video which shows how to get it :
[video]https://youtu.be/o3-bgU8mYB8[/video]
So now let's start. Don't care about Hieronymus' note and the second crystal, we'll skip that.

0. (Optional) Activate the 1st crystal using Aard to get the incomplete portal. It's just a marking spot.
1. Place Geralt on the wooden edge just in front of the portal.
2. Make a save.
3. Let yourself fall down without jumping.
4. Use superior white raffard's decoction during your downfall to not die. Chain intelligently the superior white raffard's decoction if needed.
5. If you have it done correctly, you are now in a cave where you're supposed to be. Else you'll have to reload and restart from step 3.
6. Beware of the wraith and loot the wolf diagram.

If you succeeded put this topic to resolved, and enjoy your gear.

:geraltthatsgood:

Last edited:

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Hello guys,
Thank you for the feedback we got from you regarding this issue. We are aware of this issue and working on the fix.
Also please use your own screenshots and full description in the emails you sent to us. This will help us address the issue faster in the future. Thanks :)

STILL NOT WORKING

Hello guys,
Thank you for the feedback we got from you regarding this issue. We are aware of this issue and working on the fix.
Also please use your own screenshots and full description in the emails you sent to us. This will help us address the issue faster in the future. Thanks :)

Hi everyone. I'm still having this problem. I've done also the jump off the ledge metod, i managed to enter the cave and kill the wraith. The skeleton doesn't show the "loot" option.

UP: I send the feedback on bug report following perfectly the instructions. Hope in fast response.

Last edited:
Has anyone received any updates to this bug? I'm also on patch 1.11 and it didn't fix the issue for me. I have a case open and sent in my save files. Just curious if there was any more information available. Kind of annoying since it seems this quest has been bugged for a while.

i can only see 1 crystal inside the Tower shall b one outside but nothing.. cant activate the one inside..
getting a bit mad now.. first i cant get ursine armor.. cant leave castle..and now i cant get wolf armor..
1.11 ps4.. bought ps4 just so i shuldnt get probs like with pc games,,

The video you link to get Superior White Raffard's is clearly titled "All superior potions EXCLUDING Superior White Raffard's", I went checked and he doesn't have it. Superior Raffard's is a random loot drop, no fixed location anywhere in-game.

Last edited:
The video you link to get Superior White Raffard's is clearly titled "All superior potions EXCLUDING Superior White Raffard's", I went checked and he doesn't have it. Superior Raffard's is a random loot drop, no fixed location anywhere in-game.

You're right, I corrected the link. The goal of the whole process is to do that :
https://youtu.be/Z4GOWVR_-SI
But with the last update you can't do it anymore. Moreover if you can survive to the deadly jump and end down in the cave, the loot is still bugged.

Nevertheless if you are in v1.11 you can try to do it and you don't need the Superior White Raffard's decoction anymore. Have a look :
https://youtu.be/B7TXRb2K8K8

I am on patch 1.12
I cannot open the chest, when I am able to get to the cave there is neither a skeleton, nor lootable gear, just a wraith. It seems like this is an ongoing problem that you have known about for a while now. I really enjoy this game but just some one the facets of it are too glitchy. Please help

Last edited:

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Hey guys, I know it has been said few times already, but we are working on fix to this issue.

this bug still happening, cannot loot the chest in the watch tower. Please help!

Last edited:
I am having the same issue, I am unable to open the chest to start the quest line. I am what I consider my self to be a loot junkie in rpg's. However, not being able to obtain what is arguably the coolest looking set in the game is deterring me from playing. I truly enjoy this game and series. I hope you can fix this soon.

---------- Updated at 10:29 PM ----------

Well I was able to get the bear school armor, just can't get the Wolf school gear.

---------- Updated at 10:31 PM ----------

Interesting bug though, I have been able to repeatedly loot the sword in the body right next to the chest. I have even tried to Uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling but that still was unsuccessful in fixing the bug.

Top Bottom