Wolf School Gear Portal Question

+
Wolf School Gear Portal Question

Got a question for those of you who have completed the Wolf School Gear part one quest in Kaer Morhen. Is the portal that you activate in the Watchtower supposed to disappear once you've jumped through it? Because it hasn't for me. It's a bit of an OCD thing for me but I would like to know whether I can continuing questing in Kaer Morhen without having this huge gaping portal with no further purpose hanging open in the middle of the bloody sky. If it turns out that it is supposed to stay open forever after you activate the portal then fine. If its supposed to close.....well then I'll keep doing it till I get it right. Thanks in advance for any answers to this minor question.

It remained open for me the entire game, even during cutscenes. When Triss is looking out for the Wild Hunt for instance.
Tried deactivating it by casting aards and ignis at the crystals but to no use. Hope there's some way to deactivate it in the next patch.

Just out of curiosity how obvious is it in the cutscenes?

Hopefully they give you an opportunity to shut it off in a future patch.

"Like laces on a battleaxe."
It's just a detail. It'd be nice if they fixed it specially since I didn't like the whole backstory behind the Wolven set and that portal kept reminding me of it. It's just a couple scenes though so I don't think it even warrants asking anyone to do something about it.

One last question, are there supposed to be two portals in the sky? Because I was looking up at the watchtower and there was another smaller portal much higher in the sky. It would explain why on one of my attempts to jump through the portal I fell to my death from an absurd distance in the sky. It's been bugging me and I just want to make sure its not a bug.

Last edited:
Just the one portal but you have to activate TWO ard stones to give it enough pwer to work correctly...or bring a parachute. Finding the other one was very tricky and i didn't even find it until my 3rd playthrough.

Top Bottom