Wolf School Scav Quest - Not an Oversight?

+
I always felt like putting the level 14 armor schematics in Kaer Morhen was an oversight, but apparently it was intended because this oversight is still present in the Next-Gen update despite another QA pass.

I watched the interviews and I was excited when it was mentioned that the Wolf Armor Scav Quest was fixed, I assumed this meant the bugs and diagram changes associated to the quest were fixed but I guess they just meant the bugs and left the diagrams in their original locations.

Getting this armor in Kaer Morhen makes sense from a lore standpoint, but it's bad for game play reasons. At the very least base Armor should be in Valen, and the higher tier upgrades in Kaer Morhen.

Getting a level 14 armor set so late in the game feels bad, you won't get to use the base level armor at all unless you gimp yourself, and it's likely as soon as you get the set you'll have to craft the armor, and upgrade it 1-2 times before it's up to your level, which is very unintuitive. This doesn't make sense from a game play perspective.

While I'm enjoying the next-gen update this quest line remaining in this state was extremely disappointing to me because I was going to do a Wolf Armor build, but now I'll have to wait until 25+ when I arrive in Kaer Morhen before I can actually use the Armor I want, because level 14 diagrams are not in Valen.

The only alternative is that I'll need to enable console and add the diagrams to my inventory which I hate doing. I'll have to go through lots of crap just to make sure achievements stay on and I'm always worried about breaking my game when adding Quest specific items to my inventory.

Anyway... Just disappointed this wasn't fixed. The base armor should be obtainable naturally through the course of the narrative, not when you're over half-way through the game.

Agreed. The Wolf School gear is my favorite, but I can't even touch it until I'm two-thirds done with the story. What gives?

Top Bottom