Wolf School Scavenfer Hunt - Bugged

+
Wolf School Scavenfer Hunt - Bugged

I'm at the old tower at Kaer Morhen, I've activated the right hand stone, but the stone behind the wall I can't do anything with. No prompt appears to examine it or pick it up.

edit: Managed to fix it by looting that before doing anything else at the tower.

Last edited:
i bought the maps... tried searching the main ones needed to create but i can't find on any of these diagrams in the places listed on this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sutq4fmthR4

it simply doesn't seems like there's a item to loot, it doesn't prompt to press any button on any of these locations, what i'm doing wrong? do i need to get other sets or finish a story mission in particular?

also on that location that you mentioned, i also can't activate anything... even the other crystal using aard

it seems that the chest that contains the "hieronymus note" can't be looted and that kills the quest

If you don't get the note, then you can't check the crystal (it's not even there) behind the tower.

EDIT: i thought that if i could get to that area containing the diagrams in a "FORCED" way, so i could finish the rest of the quest... not the case, see the video bellow

Attachments

• wolf.jpg
    wolf.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 166
  • wolf2.jpg
    wolf2.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 176
  • bug_chest.jpg
    bug_chest.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Reload save? Resting, like you would to talk to a vendor that won't let you talk to them?

Might be a work around until it's fixed.

Reload save? Resting, like you would to talk to a vendor that won't let you talk to them?

Might be a work around until it's fixed.

unfurtunately i don't have an old save that doesn't contain the bug... but yes, i've tried resting, reloading saves and all possible... the main problem is that the CHEST that contain the file seems to not have anything... so it won't pop up the X button to press... i have another save (normal difficulty) that didn't happened, i just opened the chest and got the Note... i read and then the crystal become functional. But that is happening on my Death March save... -_-'

Last edited:
Ahh... I just finished my Death March! playthrough myself. Well, it's not difficulty specific, atleast. I play using all 8 save slots, so I tend to avoid being trumped by a lot of bugs. It must be tied to something on that save, since your other one works.

Re-installing the game may take time, same as restoring licences, but it's working on an alternate save, so that probably wouldn't do anything anyways. Tried completing another quest then coming back?

Odd thought, have you tried getting the weapons? Steel Sword is at Bastion, north west of that tower, and the Silver Sword is directly north of there, at the other tower.

I do have the same problem. I've tried 8 different saves but I'm not able to loot a single piece with the quest activated. I've even redownloaded the DLC. Quite frustrating.

I do have the same problem. I've tried 8 different saves but I'm not able to loot a single piece with the quest activated. I've even redownloaded the DLC. Quite frustrating.

did you take the Hieronymus note to be able to get the main set diagrams? that's the problem i'm having, without it, you can't loot any other diagrams (upgrades)

The only thing which comes to my mind as a possible cause is that I've downloaded the DLC while in the game but there have been several restarts since then and I was able to buy the maps.

---------- Updated at 01:16 PM ----------

I have completed the first upgrade quest but the basic quest is still not working. Sadly on PS4 I'm not able to use console commands to obtain them.

The only thing which comes to my mind as a possible cause is that I've downloaded the DLC while in the game but there have been several restarts since then and I was able to buy the maps.

---------- Updated at 01:16 PM ----------

I have completed the first upgrade quest but the basic quest is still not working. Sadly on PS4 I'm not able to use console commands to obtain them.

i also downloaded while playing, and then restarted the game... bought the maps, but the chest have nothing...

I've got the same Problem, PS4 with latest Version 1.04

Got the DLC and when i started the game bought a treasure map from a merchant in Novigrad, so the Quest started.
When i arrived a the ruin southwest of Kaer Morhen, i actually couldn't do anything.
- can't interact with the chest
- can't interact with the Portal
- can't interact with the blue Stone
- Using witcher sight, there is nothing shown red in this Tower (Chest, Stone, ...)

Tried to reload the dlc, tried another savegame,
even reinstalled the game PLUS reloading all dlcs, reloading latest patch (using old saves of course)

curios: actually CAN loot improved gear

Nothing changed

I've got the same Problem, PS4 with latest Version 1.04

Got the DLC and when i started the game bought a treasure map from a merchant in Novigrad, so the Quest started.
When i arrived a the ruin southwest of Kaer Morhen, i actually couldn't do anything.
- can't interact with the chest
- can't interact with the Portal
- can't interact with the blue Stone
- Using witcher sight, there is nothing shown red in this Tower (Chest, Stone, ...)

Tried to reload the dlc, tried another savegame,
even reinstalled the game PLUS reloading all dlcs, reloading latest patch (using old saves of course)

curios: actually CAN loot improved gear

Nothing changed

there's one funny thing, the wolf master crafted armor you can get in the iron mines (yes, the armor.... not the diagram), you have to kill the fire elemental first...

there's one funny thing, the wolf master crafted armor you can get in the iron mines (yes, the armor.... not the diagram), you have to kill the fire elemental first...

Hehe. Nice. Didn't know about that. Hopefully it will be fixed soon though as i want the wolven armor at any Price :D

---------- Updated at 08:59 PM ----------

on PC right? ps4 is still on 1.04
:facepalm:

That's true. Next Patch will be 1.06 for PC and 1.05 for Ps4/Xbone- Though i read that the following 1.07 will be on all System, so they skip 1.06 on consoles

Hehe. Nice. Didn't know about that. Hopefully it will be fixed soon though as i want the wolven armor at any Price :D

---------- Updated at 08:59 PM ----------

That's true. Next Patch will be 1.06 for PC and 1.05 for Ps4/Xbone- Though i read that the following 1.07 will be on all System, so they skip 1.06 on consoles

that will take a while... :/

I am having the same issue on my PS4 on build 1.07. Unable to open chest that contains Hieronymus Note. I hope this gets fixed asap. Frustrating that I can't get the equipment from the school of the wolf when Geralt is from that school.

Top Bottom