Wolfenstien: The New Order

+
May i remind you that, you don't play games like those anymore. That's why they now make FPS games with great stories.

And that's completely fine. What I mean to say is that a deep story shouldn't be included... just for the sake of having a deep story. I mean, look what happened to Metroid: Other M and Duke Nukem Forever.

A deep story would kinda contradict the crazy gunfights, zombies, robots, etc, that i expect from Wolfenstein. It's hard to take seriously. And as fun as Painkiller is... it's story SUCKS.

I also think games with deep stories but crazy game mechanics would benefit from toning down the crazy gameplay. Take Bioshock Infinite, great game, but it's a little immersion breaking when you walk into a candy store brandishing a chaingun (and are probably COVERED in blood) and nobody seems to give a damn.

Sometimes, I just like to play games for pure, unadulterated fun.

Well, more power to those who like the pure gibbing craziness. It bored me years ago. Serious Sam and so on are just dull for me. I like me some story/character meat on them gun toting bones!

Well, more power to those who like the pure gibbing craziness. It bored me years ago. Serious Sam and so on are just dull for me. I like me some story/character meat on them gun toting bones!

Oh for sure. When I get my hands on some incredible story-driven FPS with some sort of character development as well, I'm usually over the moon. However, sometimes it's just fun to leave the conscious parts of your brain on the coat rack, step onto the edge, get in the zone and let your reflexes and intuition take you on a ride.

Oh for sure. When I get my hands on some incredible story-driven FPS with some sort of character development as well, I'm usually over the moon. However, sometimes it's just fun to leave the conscious parts of your brain on the coat rack, step onto the edge, get in the zone and let your reflexes and intuition take you on a ride.

There are many, and i mean MANY, incredible, story-driven FPS games out there.. Would you like me to list them?

How about Doom 3? or Quake 4? or Rage? or Homefront? or Mirrors Edge? or Metro 2033? Do i need to go on?

You are full of LIES Mac! Full of lies i tell you! :D

Heh. I don't care much about both fps and story driven stuff, but that's probably because i don't need any shooter other than Warsow or something similar to Gunz. My door will be always open to a mirror's edge sequel or cyberpunk stuff, though.

There's a place for both deep story driven games and fun games in this world. Not all games need to have a deep story, but not all games need to be fun either. Games are an amazing medium for telling great stories and stirring up emotions.

There's a delicate balance that must be maintained when trying to combine the two though. Good game stories are not told the same way as good movies, and I think a lot of developers don't understand that. I don't wan't to have a story shoved down my throat when I'm playing a game. Game stories are best when they are told through game mechanics and player interaction. I think Deus Ex 1 is one of the best examples.

As for Cyberpunk 2077, it should definitely be story driven. Maturity does not entail guts splattered all over the room and constant swearing. A lot of games these days don't understand that at all.

Now back on topic, I hear that Wolfenstein might be more story driven. Not a bad thing, Return to Castle Wolfenstein had a cool story and fun gameplay. Never played Wolfenstein 2009 so I dunno about that.

Hmm. Alternate timeline. Asylums, (WTF is with video games and asylum settings. Seriously). Exploration. This might be kind of fun..

NO. I FEEL NOTHING BUT DEEP CONTEMPT. NOTHING.

Hmm. Alternate timeline. Asylums, (WTF is with video games and asylum settings. Seriously). Exploration. This might be kind of fun..

NO. I FEEL NOTHING BUT DEEP CONTEMPT. NOTHING.

some speak of a tarantino vibe from watching the trailer. Not saying tarantino is involved, but if the game ends up to be anything near tarantino stuff in terms of dialogues and violence i'm sold

Wasn't really taken in by the teaser trailer. These screenshots though look kind of cool. Certainly wont be a day one purchase I don't think but I get the feeling I will want to give this game a go

yea, it's the latest of a lot of comebacks from the past. The fact it's being developed by machinegames is not a good sign too. But i wonder if it will be something fun to play and not just a shooter.

yea, it's the latest of a lot of comebacks from the past. The fact it's being developed by machinegames is not a good sign too. But i wonder if it will be something fun to play and not just a shooter.
You do know that MachineGames is basically ex Starbreeze developers that made 2 brilliant games that are Escape From Butcher Bay and The Darkness?

Top Bottom