Wolven Hour Potion

+
If I use this potion to equip armor that I otherwise wouid not be able to, what happens when the potion wears off? Does Geralt run around buck naked, or does the equipment stay on until unequipped?

The potion should give a limited amount of time to use the gear. If you're still using over-leveled gear when a new quest triggers a combat sequence, it will be automatically unequipped.

I've never actually used it, myself. It was introduced after one of the patches rebalanced weapons and armor: players might be in the middle of a quest or something, and after the patch, they'd find they couldn't actually use the gear they had equipped. (For now, it functions more or less as a minor cheat. If you began playing the game in the latest version, there will be no issue with the gear you find.)

Well, to answer my own question, equipped equipment stays on when the potion wears off...

:confused:...Meaning it stays on indefinitely? I don't think that's meant to be. How long have you been using the over-leveled gear? Are you using any mods?

No, no mods.
Situation is this: I had made gear that was one level above my current level. So using the potion I could use the new gear. But after the potion wore off, gear remained equipped.
Specifically, I had Legendary Mastercrafted Wolven gear crafted, which had a lv82 requirement; I was at 81.
I never took off the gear, but I suspect that if I had done so I wouldn't have been able to equip said gear again until I had gained a level, and hence met the new gear's level requirement.

Guest 3847602

I never took off the gear, but I suspect that if I had done so I wouldn't have been able to equip said gear again until I had gained a level, and hence met the new gear's level requirement.
Yup, that's correct. The reason this potion was introduced is when one of the patches increased level requirements for the witcher gear.
At the time it was still possible to wear the armor and swords that you already have on you, but you wouldn't be able to re-equip them once you took them off. It could happen even without player manually doing anything, for example, sleeping with Keira, Cantarella or Jutta would lead to Geralt waking up undressed or half-dressed, so you would have this issue regardless.
Therefore, Wolven Hour was was included in the next update to give the players enough time to level-up.
Edit: SigilFey already gave the explanation about this potion's introduction (which I overlooked for some reason), but yeah - keeping the gear equipped after WH wears off is how it's supposed to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Exactly.

It won't last "forever". It will only last for the potion duration. After that, whenever a new quest triggers a sequence that "refreshes" Geralt (namely a cutscene of some sort), any over-leveled gear should be automatically removed.

The intent was to give players a chance to finish the section they were presently on, then either level up or find replacement gear that was at their level.

Top Bottom