Wondering if any Anti-Piracy Game Measures have been put in for TW3 ?

+
Wondering if any Anti-Piracy Game Measures have been put in for TW3 ?

In case you misunderstood the title(Or simply did not understand what i meant) I meant something like this.

http://www.geek.com/games/11-mischievously-clever-super-effective-anti-piracy-measures-1599675/

http://www.dorkly.com/post/70736/8-surprising-ways-video-games-are-fighting-piracy

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2602...s-ways-pc-game-developers-punish-pirates.html

Kinda wondering if CDPR will do something similar in TW3. Would find it somehow hilarious.

If developers want to find ways to stop people stealing their games,
they can fill their boots with entertaining ways as far as I'm concerned...

there is no drm .. on steam tho all steam apps have normally some steam integration that makes it only work with steam . so i am unsure about that platform.. on gog tho there is no sort of drm at all

Sadly that won't be the case since the game won't even have DRM at all on PC. Literally, pirates will be able to download patches without updating cracks and stuff

there is no drm .. on steam tho all steam apps have normally some steam integration that makes it only work with steam . so i am unsure about that platform.. on gog tho there is no sort of drm at all

Uuh, guys? You may want to look at the videos in the first post. Not DRM.

In case you misunderstood the title(Or simply did not understand what i meant) I meant something like this.

http://www.geek.com/games/11-mischievously-clever-super-effective-anti-piracy-measures-1599675/

http://www.dorkly.com/post/70736/8-surprising-ways-video-games-are-fighting-piracy

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2602...s-ways-pc-game-developers-punish-pirates.html

Kinda wondering if CDPR will do something similar in TW3. Would find it somehow hilarious.

Trust.

That is DPR's anti-piracy measure and it has worked wonders for many years. People claim pc gamers are pirates yet it is pc gamers that have helped establish CPR's position in the gaming market.

However some of that trust has bene quesitoned of late. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Trust.

That is DPR's anti-piracy measure and it has worked wonders for many years. People claim pc gamers are pirates yet it is pc gamers that have helped establish CPR's position in the gaming market.

However some of that trust has bene quesitoned of late. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I definitely Trust CDPR without a problem.

The reason i am stating about "anti-piracy game measures" is that, it will be kind of totally hilarious. In a way the Devs troll the Pirates.(of course that's only if they do put anti-piracy in the game).

Piracy doesn't kill games. It kills bad games, and helps the good ones.

I started off the Witcher series by pirating and playing The Witcher 2.
After finishing it once, I then proceeded to buy it, and pre-order a Collector Edition of The Witcher 3.

If your game is a good one, you have nothing to worry about.
Plus, all the anti-piracy measures in the world won't stop people from pirating it.
The cracking teams (like 3dm) are quite skilled and any measure implemented would be a terrible waste of time.

Tldr: The only thing to counter piracy is creating good games.

Trust.

There is only the strict release date ''DRM'' if you call it that. All copies of the game produced prior to the release date, for PC will NOT FUNCTION until the day 1 patch is applied. All subsequent copies will not include this feature. (obviously because the release date has passed)

When i first heard CDPR was planning to NOT go down the anti-piracy road and NOT include any kind of DRM, i was at first very happy as it would please very many people. Honest people.

Then... that happiness turned to horror when i realised the nature of people on the internet and what they will do. They are like starving dogs at the scent of blood. I honestly and firmly believe this no-DRM policy will only lead to the game setting a record for the single most pirated ANYTHING on the internet in the history of the internet. Give a man 2 dollars and he will look to your pockets from where that money come from... wondering how hard it would be to tear the rest of it out.

If i were CDPR, i would not trust PC gamers on the internet. Offer them fair price or free and almost 100% of the time, they will ''empty the wagon'' of free instantly. It is a sad and bleak world that i see, but that is how i see it.

There is only the strict release date ''DRM'' if you call it that. All copies of the game produced prior to the release date, for PC will NOT FUNCTION until the day 1 patch is applied. All subsequent copies will not include this feature. (obviously because the release date has passed)

When i first heard CDPR was planning to NOT go down the anti-piracy road and NOT include any kind of DRM, i was at first very happy as it would please very many people. Honest people.

Then... that happiness turned to horror when i realised the nature of people on the internet and what they will do. They are like starving dogs at the scent of blood. I honestly and firmly believe this no-DRM policy will only lead to the game setting a record for the single most pirated ANYTHING on the internet in the history of the internet. Give a man 2 dollars and he will look to your pockets from where that money come from... wondering how hard it would be to tear the rest of it out.

If i were CDPR, i would not trust PC gamers on the internet. Offer them fair price or free and almost 100% of the time, they will ''empty the wagon'' of free instantly. It is a sad and bleak world that i see, but that is how i see it.

You see you do not trust people. Judging by your post I believe If you were in charge of a business with this mentality you would most likely go the route of DRM and actually cause more people to pirate.

Look, the proof is in the pudding and proves you wrong. CPR has had a no DRM policy for years and look where they are. They are thriving., winning awards and have a very loyal fan base. You cannot say the same of other devs who have used aggresive DRM.

Every game get cracked eventually but the important point of anti-piracy measures I think is that it takes some time, and then the hassles of updating cracks to follow new patches etc. Thus I am a bit concerned that those playing the game for free will apparently be able to do so as soon as the game unlocks (just needing the day 1 patch, no crack). But hopefully, the quality of the game will still net it good sales, and I'm willing to bet that a non-marginal fraction of players getting an illegal copy because they feel betrayed by this downgrade thing will give money to CDPR after they realize the game is still actually great.

You see you do not trust people. Judging by your post I believe If you were in charge of a business with this mentality you would most likely go the route of DRM and actually cause more people to pirate.

Look, the proof is in the pudding and proves you wrong. CPR has had a no DRM policy for years and look where they are. They are thriving., winning awards and have a very loyal fan base. You cannot say the same of other devs who have used aggresive DRM.

Look back at CDPR's ''no DRM policy'' history a little harder.

And no, you have it backwards. DRM does not cause people to pirate more. ROFL how you came up with this is beyond me.

But you are in fact correct in one assumption - i do not trust people. I dont trust many people. Hell, i dont even trust YOU. The Witcher Wild Hunt is already on torrent sites - read the news as its all over it. How you missed that is beyond me (or your in media/social media blackout to avoid spoilers i guess) but everyone knows by now. This is half the reason i dont trust anyone on the internet.

I doubt we'll have these funny anti-piracy measures in TW3. Such things would require for the game to check if it is legit or not during runtime (check if the executable has been tampered with, the dlls it has loaded into memory etc.) which TW3 doesn't do because it doesn't have DRM (thus not needing any modification like cracks or other bypasses) and GOG Galaxy is optional.

While fun these things end up being a complete waste of time functionality wise, because they always get bypassed.

The funniest one that I can remember was that game dev tycoon game where your games would loose like 90% of their possible revenue because of piracy. That was some next level shit right there.

They should do something similar to The Sims 4.

In the pirated version, when the sims went to the shower and their bodies started to have the censor pixels around them, that then spread to the entire screen : D

So every time geralt would have sex with someone, the screen would get pixelated : )

Well some of the folks on DSOG are actually using downgrade as an excuse to pirate TW3. In my opinion If you're pirating a game then take the blame on yourself and say that you did it because you wanted to instead of using excuses like downgrade or anything else to justify it, nothing justifies stealing. If you think that they betrayed you then don't get it by any means, if you're not buying it and getting through illegal means then that's just hypocrisy.

As far as I know no anti-piracy measures other than the day 1 patch which they did for W2 as well wasn`t necessarily to keep pirates from playing it . It was only done to keep pirates from playing it before the paying customer did .

Which also begs the question - how does the game know its been pirated if it has none? If i legally purchased it, copy the game files to another computer to play on that instead - how does it know i legally own it?

With no form of DRM, it has no way to tell a pirated copy from a legal one.

Besides, like everyone has already stated, DRM solves nothing. Any form of it. Any non-online persistent game has and will be pirated/cracked. Bet your house on it. They only act as a slight speed bump and that is all. For all the work and effort put into implementing them and making sure they work, in the end, its just wasted effort.

Without DRM: Legit players get to play Day 1, Pirate gamers also get to play Day 1.
With DRM: Legit players get to play Day 1, Pirate gamers get to play Day 2.

Biggest difference in history.

CDPR is on the right path. DRM-free games are the way to go, as DRMs only waste the devs' time.

Top Bottom