Wooden Katana

+
Tried melee build w sandevistian. You know - linear balance in games is obsolete. Thats when you need 100500 headshots to kill an enemy cause he's level 100500. Melee weapons situation in this case looks absurd, cause with primitive oneclick fencing you still need 100500 hits to kill opponent with the fucking SWORD! Tell me please whats the reason to go close combat if melee weapons are less effective than firearms? 10 hits to kill ONE enemy being exposed to enemy fire which kills you in 2 hits. I understand game is halfmade, but still you're selling *this*. Maybe katana is wooden. Than put it into description please.

I wonder which katana you use ? (upgraded at your level or not)
Which level you are ?
Which level are enemies ?
Which perk(s) you have in Blade skill ?

Possible bug or build problem? I recently did a Katana/Sandevistan playthrough on Normal difficulty and found it ridiculously overpowered, by Act 2 I was killing everything in one or two hits.
Using Satori and specced into Body/Athletics, Reflexes/Blade and Cool/Cold Blood.

Edit :
For example at level 5, if you plan to play with katana, you should put as many attribute points into Reflex (i.e level 6 with the character creator and 4 by level up. So at level 5, 10 in Reflex).
Then, normally, you should be able to aquire "easily" the very first Sandevistan > Dynalar Sandevistan Mk.1 (Reflex level 6 - 14 Street Cred - NorthSide at Cassius Ryder).
Then invest as many perk points as possible into Blade skill :
  • Sting Like a Bee (Increases attack speed with Blades by 10/20/30%)
  • Roaring Waters (Strong Attacks with Blades deal 10/20/30% more damage)
  • Slow and Steady (Moving while wielding a Blade increases Armor by 15/30%)
  • Flight of the Sparrow (Reduces the Stamina cost of all attacks with Blades by 30/50%)
  • Offensive Defense (Defensive Attacks with Blades deal 75/150% more damage)
  • Shifting Sands (Dodging while wielding a Blade restores 15/20/25% Stamina)
  • Stuck Pig (Increases Bleeding duration by 3/6/10 sec)
  • Blessed Blade (Increases Crit Chance with Blades by 10%)
  • Unbroken Spirit (Successful Counterattacks with Blades restore 25% Health and Stamina)
And finally, upgrade your katana regularely. Early game, the best is probably the Black Unicorn (GOG reward).
So if you don't, you will have a hard time to play with katanas, that's for sure... If you do, well, you'll quickly being very powerful :)

Top Bottom