[Work In Progress] Appearences Menu

+
If you are using SOTR or W2Gear and it replaces this armor, it will load a different mesh also loading different textures, which means you will not have the red textures problem.
I know :)

The reason I asked is because that in SOTR, 2 armors (cidarian gambeson & great sun armor) are ugly, plain black
http://i.imgur.com/3fTyI3y.jpg

Now, with TW2 gear, it looks like this (its the same armor, cidarian gambeson)
http://i.imgur.com/JCKeYOx.jpg

If I knew the entity names, the meshnames, i could simply not replace the TW2 gear meshes with the SOTR meshes, thus MYB preventing the problem.
(though, probably would also need to find corresponding textures as well, which isn't that easy, as they use different number of files for most of the armor T_T)
Yeah, it would have the belt and stuff, but at least wouldn't be plain black...

And surely, i could find out the meshname with trials & errors, packing the mod again and again, but I thought that there might be a chance you know those meshes' names, so i wouldn't have to do that myself :)

EDIT:
Found it out, solved it!
Yay

Last edited:
Just to clarify, are you saying this for now, or for after you upload the fix in the next version?

if you use any mod that changes the appearance of that armor (via mesh e.g. SOTR or retexture) then you won't have red-textures
If you use neither mesh-changes nor retexture, you'll have red-textures.

if you use any mod that changes the appearance of that armor (via mesh e.g. SOTR or retexture) then you won't have red-textures
If you use neither mesh-changes nor retexture, you'll have red-textures.

Right, I realize that. I'm asking if it will still remain the case after CAPA releases the next version, so you and I can both use the replacer texture for it. :)

View attachment 60071
Hey Capa, would it be possible to have this robe as a cape? Looks really good, and is not undersized like the Shady Individual Cloak. Looks like it's just the size for Geralt...

Attachments

• witcher3 2016-07-01 15-26-49.jpg
    witcher3 2016-07-01 15-26-49.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 2,407
Except this is not Robe... it's just a blanket...
Well I have realized, but what I meant is that I think it could look good on Geralt's body, better than the Shady individual cloack that looks pretty ridiculuous on Geralt because it look like he has no shoulders lol.

^Could be, but something is definitely wrong.

---------- Updated at 10:32 PM ----------

One more thing I also noticed that the bear bag only works on some accessory slots. It works on 6 for example, but not on some others.

Can someone kindly explain what CAPA's retexture mod for AMM does?

The description starts with a discussion of an entirely different mod (Concept Ursine Armor HD) but then goes on to say that other items are retextured too.

Okay, fine, what other items?

Well, it doesn't say. Let's check the Pictures section, maybe? The vast majority of them are poorly-lit, high-contrast pictures which amount to little more than black silhouettes. But there are a few that clearly show, for example, Wolf Witcher Set armor. They don't show comparisons so that we might see what improvements have been made, but fine, we'll roll with what we got.

But hey, this looks potentially promising, right? Let's check the Files section to see if that gives us a more comprehensive list.

So, in the Files section, we see that there are three "Main Files": horse accessories, that aforementioned ursine armor mod, and another ursine armor mod called "Laion and Bear Armor" (or is it the same one? Who knows. wtf's a Laion anyway?). In the "Optional Files" we see a few minor retextures for Morvran, hunter's hat, bandit mask, scarf, and the Shady Individual cloak.

And that's it... And that would be totally fine if that's all the mod did, but... wait a second, what about that Wolf Witcher Set gear we saw in the Images section? Is the Wolf gear retextured or is it not? This is getting more and more confusing the further we dig. Let's keep trying to figure this out:

The lion's share of the files are under the "Old Versions" subsection. Huh. Why are they there? Are they actually outdated, as in you should not download them? That's certainly what it means for every other mod I've ever seen on the Nexus ever. Also, looking even closer, we see that the Old Version file for Wolf armor says it's only for the "Armor Shirt Wolf". What's the Shirt Wolf? The undershirt beneath the armour itself? I honestly have no idea what's going on.

What's more baffling to me is that no one else seems the least bit confused by any of this, insofar as the comments section reveals. I at least hope I made a good case as to why one might justifiably be confused. With all the effort that must have gone into those retextures, I just do not understand how a mod author could be so unaware of how nonsensical it all looks to the thousands of people who would otherwise be quite interested in enjoying his work.

Can anyone set me straight please?

Last edited:
^No I totally understand. It's not capa's fault though. It's the other guy, I forgot his name, most of of the textures are made by him. I think its a language thing, but the names he uses for his files are hard to comprehend.

But yeah, that file section needs a total clean up. The old section is mostly files made by capa to start with, before the other guy got on and made better hd versions of them.

Is it possible to make the script unload AMM during certain cutscenes, like the start of the game or during sex?

Or is the manual toggle the only way?

^No I totally understand. It's not capa's fault though. It's the other guy, I forgot his name, most of of the textures are made by him. I think its a language thing, but the names he uses for his files are hard to comprehend.

But yeah, that file section needs a total clean up. The old section is mostly files made by capa to start with, before the other guy got on and made better hd versions of them.

So, the Witcher Set gear for that mod (all of which are in the Old Versions section) are indeed outdated and there are better retextures elsewhere? Where can I find these newer retextures for Witcher Set gear? Because the only ones I see for that mod are in the Old Versions subsection...

Can someone kindly explain what CAPA's retexture mod for AMM does?

The description starts with a discussion of an entirely different mod (Concept Ursine Armor HD) but then goes on to say that other items are retextured too.

Okay, fine, what other items?

Well, it doesn't say. Let's check the Pictures section, maybe? The vast majority of them are poorly-lit, high-contrast pictures which amount to little more than black silhouettes. But there are a few that clearly show, for example, Wolf Witcher Set armor. They don't show comparisons so that we might see what improvements have been made, but fine, we'll roll with what we got.

But hey, this looks potentially promising, right? Let's check the Files section to see if that gives us a more comprehensive list.

So, in the Files section, we see that there are three "Main Files": horse accessories, that aforementioned ursine armor mod, and another ursine armor mod called "Laion and Bear Armor" (or is it the same one? Who knows. wtf's a Laion anyway?). In the "Optional Files" we see a few minor retextures for Morvran, hunter's hat, bandit mask, scarf, and the Shady Individual cloak.

And that's it... And that would be totally fine if that's all the mod did, but... wait a second, what about that Wolf Witcher Set gear we saw in the Images section? Is the Wolf gear retextured or is it not? This is getting more and more confusing the further we dig. Let's keep trying to figure this out:

The lion's share of the files are under the "Old Versions" subsection. Huh. Why are they there? Are they actually outdated, as in you should not download them? That's certainly what it means for every other mod I've ever seen on the Nexus ever. Also, looking even closer, we see that the Old Version file for Wolf armor says it's only for the "Armor Shirt Wolf". What's the Shirt Wolf? The undershirt beneath the armour itself? I honestly have no idea what's going on.

What's more baffling to me is that no one else seems the least bit confused by any of this, insofar as the comments section reveals. I at least hope I made a good case as to why one might justifiably be confused. With all the effort that must have gone into those retextures, I just do not understand how a mod author could be so unaware of how nonsensical it all looks to the thousands of people who would otherwise be quite interested in enjoying his work.

Can anyone set me straight please?

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but of the 53 images there (and the 5 from users), I don't see a single screenshot of the Wolf gear set.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but of the 53 images there (and the 5 from users), I don't see a single screenshot of the Wolf gear set.
I don't recall having it.

@Aelius28
The AMM Retextures Mod started as Cape and Hood Retextures where I have only 3 Recolors of the Hood and Capes. And this was even before AMM even existed.
Then when AMM came to life I renamed it and started to retexture some other Head gears, like the "Hunter Hat" and some Face gears like the Scarfs. That otherwise they were Red.

Then I let Lexar take it over because, back then I was a complete noob at textures :)
When he took over, he retextured the Capes and Hoods (v2.0), He added some really nice textures for Skellige, Temerian, Nilfgaardian sets, Horse Accessories(that are red) and some other accessories.

Regarding the Shirt textures they are for the Shirt on the Common Sets of AMM, the name Wolf there is because of the Logo on the Back of the shirt(Back then the Wolven Set not even existed lol)

That being said... There isn't textures for the Witcher Sets at AMM Retextures page, and probably won't ever have because there are already mods that restores their colors and I recommend to use them unless you have another texture mods.
Restore all the Original Colors of the Witcher Sets: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1536/?
Default color to the Grandmasters Sets: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1696?

You should really ignore Main, Optional, Old classifications... Just search what you want and try it.

Btw, the mod on the Description page is something else entirely The Ultimate Ursine, has nothing to do with that HD Concept on the files...

I agree that is really confusing there and I admit that I didn't look at it for such a long time, because so much stuff to do...

---------- Updated at 05:27 AM ----------

Hey CAPA is there a chance for you to incorporate the snake eyepatch in your accessory menu?
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/509/?

Hum... Certainly could but would need to ask permission from the Eyepatch author.

---------- Updated at 05:29 AM ----------

Is it possible to make the script unload AMM during certain cutscenes, like the start of the game or during sex?

Or is the manual toggle the only way?

All dialogs are categorized as Scenes, I don't know if there is a way to check if the scene is a "naked' one.
For now the only way is to disable AMM manually (1 press of a button...)

---------- Updated at 05:48 AM ----------

Now the good stuff!!!

Awesomeness is coming!

And you thought the Aerondight was big....

Explaining the above...

Finally!!! Once again thanks to @erxv, we can change swords on the fly without changing Stats!

Right now I have 111 Steel Swords and 79 Silver Swords for you to choose. Effects(Runes, Oils, Igni, Quen....) on the "fake" swords are working for those that have them.

However I cannot release it yet. Still have to adjust some stuff...

Be patient ;)

I will post a video of this tomorrow maybe :D

Last edited:
However I cannot release it yet. Still have to adjust some stuff...

Good i didn't get late for the update, as i wanted to report something as well as suggest something.
So, bug report:
When autohide weapons is ON, it hides the sword even during combat, most notably during executions (often at the last one)

As for suggestion, myb you could make it so that when both headgear and cape toggle is set to on, it would be like
nothing, hood only, cape only, both on, nothing, etc....
So we could switch them w/o disabling/enabling here and there in the modmenu :)

Top Bottom