Work with us as Junior Quest Designer!

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Work with us as Junior Quest Designer!

Dear modders,

Over the years, we’ve seen a lot of amazing stuff created by the Witcher modding community — we believe that many of you have great talent, that’s why we’d like to offer you an opportunity to join our team. Want to work on Cyberpunk 2077?

As a Junior Quest Designer, you’ll help us thrust life into the world of the game, and bring additional colour into the dark streets of Night City. You’ll be responsible for designing, planning and implementing story-driven quests in our game, as well as assessing, controlling and verifying the quality of already-made quests. This involves a lot of cooperation with many different teams within the whole studio, so you’ll get to speed-date many cool people in the company and get to know us really fast.

Our Quest Team’s daily responsibilities cover, among others, creating the storyline on a detailed level, designing quests and implementing them using a proprietary toolset, and integrating delivered assets (like gameplay elements, locations, characters, dialogues etc.) into a seamless, engaging and unique experience.

As a part of the recruitment process, a candidate for a Quest Designer is always asked to perform a test — design and implement a quest with a specific number of requirements. It usually takes about 10 days to complete.

Sounds interesting? Don’t hesitate to directly email Natalia (one of our recruiters), who will be glad to answer all your questions. You can reach her at natalia@cdprojektred.com

You can find more details here.

Last edited:
I'm mildly surprised we've not seen this call earlier. All the best to those who take up the offer!

Guest 2364765

Uh, a little bit more info please?

-Quest in which game since as far as i can tell, unless the test was done on site for 10 days straight there's no way to make a quest in W3.
-Which location? Warsaw, Cracow?

skacikpl;n9956221 said:
-Quest in which game since as far as i can tell, unless the test was done on site for 10 days straight there's no way to make a quest in W3.

I think we all know which game they're working on now :smile:

Ramon242;n9958361 said:
I think we all know which game they're working on now :smile:

Do you seriously think they'd allow a possible candidate to do a quest in a heavy WIP game, that may yet again be scrapped, not to mention the possibility they won't hire the candidate, who probably saw stuff that no outsiders did?

It's probably gonna be TW2, cause it has redkit...

Guest 3841499

Yeah, more info is needed. We don't even have the tools to create quests in Witcher 3... It would be so cool to be a part of CyberPunk, but I bet this requires programming knowledge or something along those lines.

VaxarKun;n9959441 said:
Do you seriously think they'd allow a possible candidate to do a quest in a heavy WIP game, that may yet again be scrapped, not to mention the possibility they won't hire the candidate, who probably saw stuff that no outsiders did?

It's probably gonna be TW2, cause it has redkit...

Yeah but no quest editor for TW2, correct? So maybe...this is CDPR's way of finally giving out the TW3 tools? That way they can say "As is, no warranty - for interview purposes only"

Man that would be sweet!

Guest 2364765

ed5464215;n9959661 said:
Yeah but no quest editor for TW2, correct? So maybe...this is CDPR's way of finally giving out the TW3 tools? That way they can say "As is, no warranty - for interview purposes only"

Man that would be sweet!

There are no tools for TW3, TW2 has old redkit that's mostly functional.

It literally says "Want to work on Cyberpunk 2077?"

Why on god's green Earth would you think that it's about The Witcher 2 or The Witcher 3?

They're hiring junior quest designers for work on Cyberpunk 2077. They even gave you the e-mail to ask further questions if you need more info.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 2364765

ImprovizoR;n9962431 said:
It literally says "Want to work on Cyberpunk 2077?"

Why on god's green Earth would you think that it's about The Witcher 2 or The Witcher 3?

They're hiring junior quest designers for work on Cyberpunk 2077. They even gave you the e-mail to ask further questions if you need more info.

Do you even understand what we're talking about here?

Potential candidate is to be tested by developing a quest - obviously since the offer is open to anyone in here, it's international job offer. Meaning that unless the test is performed remotely in a game that has a toolset for creating quests it would mean coming to warsaw or cracow for 10 days straight to work on internal toolset - which again, let's be real, is not gonna happen.
You're not gonna let "potential" candidates work on your wip project and 10 days is most likely barely enough to get acquainted with redkit, be it for witcher 3 or cyberpunk 2077.

Hence the question for more details.

The test might be more about talent and general skills needed as a quest designer, so perhaps the tools do not matter much as long as you can solve the problem, even if you submit a Skyrim mod. Although familiarity at least with TW2 REDkit could still be an advantage, and of course also knowledge of Cyberpunk 2020 lore. Should anyone be hired, they will receive training how to use CDPR's current tools.

You can find some more detailed information here: http://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/quest-designer-warsaw-2/

Specifically what you're looking for: "As a part of recruitment process, a candidate for a Quest Designer is always asked to perform a test – design and implement a quest with a specific number of requirements. Those are provided when the candidate decides to start a testing procedure and it has to be delivered on time in one of the following engines: REDkit (preferred), Skyrim Creation Kit,
Neverwinter Nights 2 or Shadowrun. Please make yourself acquainted with the engine of choice before starting the test. For documentation about Redkit, please visit https://redkitwiki.cdprojektred.com."

Guest 2364765

Benzenzimmern;n9971101 said:
You can find some more detailed information here: http://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/quest-designer-warsaw-2/

Specifically what you're looking for: "As a part of recruitment process, a candidate for a Quest Designer is always asked to perform a test – design and implement a quest with a specific number of requirements. Those are provided when the candidate decides to start a testing procedure and it has to be delivered on time in one of the following engines: REDkit (preferred), Skyrim Creation Kit,
Neverwinter Nights 2 or Shadowrun. Please make yourself acquainted with the engine of choice before starting the test. For documentation about Redkit, please visit https://redkitwiki.cdprojektred.com."

Thank you.

I was just asking for future reference, personally there's no point in me participating right now as i'm tied up with finishing my masters degree for next 6 months so i can't work full time. But when the next opportunity arises i'm gonna give it a go.

Top Bottom