Working hard through the weekend

+
Half? You're grossly overestimating amount of people encountering game breaking bugs. From all my friends who played W3 only 1 had such bug. There are bugs, sure, some of them affecting everyone, but all game-stoppers are affecting very few people actually.
What they did wrong is giving false unrealistic release dates for patch.

The good news is that Marcin is hard at work this weekend. I saw him and snapped this picture.

Last edited:
I would, if I had delivered a product half the customers are unable to use

Unlikely, I have been in projects were we have been dealing with epidemic failure rates in our product and we still break for the weekends, you push your staff to work all the hours of the weekend and they burn out. Burnt out staff make mistakes as they ruch to try and salvage some sort of downtime and guess what you end up in a worse position.

And you couldnt just say finish the patch then give the next 2 days off as then people would complain they are uncontactable during the working week; its bad enough that people have no concept of timezones here!

even a banana republic PR speech from him would be better than him enjoying his holidays especially after he posted that the team would be hard at work during the weekend if needed xD

Top Bottom