World difficulty and loot need 2 changes

+
Right now, the world difficulty is level based, so if youre a person who liked exploring you begin to out level all the content and end up trivializing boss fights which i hate. I dont want to pace myself in regards to watch content i do and i dont want to be able to blindly complete all content because its no longer challenging. It seems the world difficulty goes from north to south, with the southern edge of the map being the most difficult.

I think you should never be able to out level content. I think mobs should level scale in a special way. I think mobs should ALWAYS be at a minimum your level. They can be as high as you want them to be per region but always a minimum of your level. So for instance, if im in a part of the map that is level 15, but i show up at level 22, the mobs in that area should all be minimum level 22, but if i show up to a level 50 area, and im level 29, the mobs would still be level 50. This system would at least keep the enemies challenging. The AI sshould also adjust its tactics they higher level you get but thats another discussion.

Crafting also needs to be adjusted, i feel like there is far to much reliance on tech level 18 and crafting your own legendries. The world drop iconics you find should be introduced into the world loot rotation so you can find better version of it, or if youdont want to do that for lore reasons, create world drop iconics that people can farm, also add boss type mobs for each of the gangs so people can farm loot while also having cooler fights.

Once you understand the crafting system, you feel compelled to use it on every character, that in itself is severely build hampering. I feel like iconics were supposed to be for players who didnt want to craft, but then you tied them to tech 18 just to upgrade to legendary and now everyone is forced into it. I feel like this could be fixed by adding a vendor in the game world that upgrades your weapon rarity inplace of crafting it yourself.

I do agree with the issue, but I would solve it differently. I don't generally like games where the world scales to your level. It makes the world more fake and also takes away the feeling of becoming stronger as the game progresses. I would solve the problem differently.

How about reducing xp gain from low level enemies and quests? Let's say that you gain less and less xp from lower level enemies and when you kill a mob that's for example 5 levels lower than you, you don't get any xp at all? With this system in place, the game would still be pretty easy, but it would be impossible to get too overpowered while doing quests in the right order (you would get 5 levels ahead of quests at most, instead of 20 or so)

Top Bottom