World is not interactive enough, thoughts?

+
I have to agree but there has to be a stopping point somewhere. The game is big at 60 and some GB but could easily have been 100 GB with the additions your describe. The game world is there as "fluff" mostly. The main attraction is "V", the story and voice acting. Then rest is just scenery and sadly so. I am not a big fan of mini games as a pass time while I am playing a game as a pass time, if you get my drift. I see no lure to stop for a beer at a bar then play darts. To make it interesting maybe script in NPCs that interact with V and it leads to another side mission or plot line, yes. But to simple play darts, no!

Well if V is the attraction its not a good attraction. The story is solid and Night City is beautiful (at night), but the city and Jonny Silverhand are more of a main character than V tbh. V was set up to be the player character that we could define. But in the end its just a pre-determined character that doesn't even get characterized that much, at least not where I am in the story.

Ultimately the game is empty. It's a shell. After 45 hours of playtime it becomes blatantly obvious there's no replayability and all the skyscrapers are set dressing.

Almost everything that CDPR talked about is gone or heavily cut down. It's no RPG, it's a bad "Looter Shooter" with abysmal mechanics that seem like they were cut directly from Deus Ex Human Revolution, which came out nearly a decade ago.

Ultimately the game is empty. It's a shell. After 45 hours of playtime it becomes blatantly obvious there's no replayability and all the skyscrapers are set dressing.

Almost everything that CDPR talked about is gone or heavily cut down. It's no RPG, it's a bad "Looter Shooter" with abysmal mechanics that seem like they were cut directly from Deus Ex Human Revolution, which came out nearly a decade ago.

Thats another thing. This game got hyped up for replayability with the life paths and skill system and the story. But

1. Yea there are different endings and one or two consequences from your actions. But overall there is not a lot of branching paths or decicions in any quest, main or side. So no real need to replay for that

2. Different approaches are possible. But a good portion of the "playstyles" are heavily discouraged, systems are unintuitive or stats don't work that well. First things that come to mind is Stealth being weird in some areas (too easy in some, very clunky and missing features in others), melee combat being absolutely unsatisfying, social stuff being barely there, cyber-mods not changing a lot beyond damage and crit values (where is the mantis blade wall hang for stealth builds? where is the bots for techies?)

3. Lifepaths maybe have 10 - 20 "alterante" dialogue options throughout the entire game and a portion of them might "matter" in a minor way. Intro is 20 minutes and then you are all on the same main story mission with the same characters and outcome.

Thats another thing. This game got hyped up for replayability with the life paths and skill system and the story. But

1. Yea there are different endings and one or two consequences from your actions. But overall there is not a lot of branching paths or decicions in any quest, main or side. So no real need to replay for that

2. Different approaches are possible. But a good portion of the "playstyles" are heavily discouraged, systems are unintuitive or stats don't work that well. First things that come to mind is Stealth being weird in some areas (too easy in some, very clunky and missing features in others), melee combat being absolutely unsatisfying, social stuff being barely there, cyber-mods not changing a lot beyond damage and crit values (where is the mantis blade wall hang for stealth builds? where is the bots for techies?)

3. Lifepaths maybe have 10 - 20 "alterante" dialogue options throughout the entire game and a portion of them might "matter" in a minor way. Intro is 20 minutes and then you are all on the same main story mission with the same characters and outcome.

I started as Corpo, which was 20 minutes of "That's cool but what is actually going on?" and then the game railroads you into losing everything that made a "corpo" and essentially leaves you as a street kid for the rest of the game.

All the dialogue choices are just "Hey I was a Corpo for 20 minutes at the start of the game, lemme remind you" and ultimately adds nothing. Your character still talks like a street kid, a merc that's been shooting people for money for most of their life. Which makes no sense whatsoever but there it is. I enjoyed what little this game had to offer but I am in no way shape or form interested in playing it again. It's so barebones and to say it took 8+ years of development is a joke in every conceivable way.

I started as Corpo, which was 20 minutes of "That's cool but what is actually going on?" and then the game railroads you into losing everything that made a "corpo" and essentially leaves you as a street kid for the rest of the game.

All the dialogue choices are just "Hey I was a Corpo for 20 minutes at the start of the game, lemme remind you" and ultimately adds nothing. Your character still talks like a street kid, a merc that's been shooting people for money for most of their life. Which makes no sense whatsoever but there it is. I enjoyed what little this game had to offer but I am in no way shape or form interested in playing it again. It's so barebones and to say it took 8+ years of development is a joke in every conceivable way.

Not sure if I wrote this earlier in this thread. But this game only had 4 years of development. Witcher 3 Blood and Wine was released in 2016, this is when they moved people over to Cyberpunk to start development in earnest. And some people are speculating that this game had less development time even, considering the rumors a while ago that the game was basically in a perpetual state of crunch for the last 2 years of this games development cycle.

I don't know if it was mentioned yet but I dislike how I can walk down the street and see the same NPCs every where, turn a corner and poof there is the same guy who's still behind me across the street and another a few feet away.. Like triplets.

Wow I really hope this video gets more attention. He sums up excelently and pretty much everything whats wrong with the game right now and needs to be improved.

Lets just hope at least some ot it we will see in the game.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know if it was mentioned yet but I dislike how I can walk down the street and see the same NPCs every where, turn a corner and poof there is the same guy who's still behind me across the street and another a few feet away.. Like triplets.

Everything respawns the moment you turn the camera :D

I was thinking that RDR 2 spoiled me in this regard think of what you can do in that game
-You can rob stores ,people and trains
-You can hunt animals
-You can go to a saloon to eat and sleep
-You can be a bounty hunter or have a big ass bounty on your head
-You can go to a theatre
-You can go fishing
-You can play cards ,Dominos and five finger fillet
Meanwhile in Cyberpunk has a jaw droopingly beautiful open world and you have all these advertisement arcades ,board games ,karaoke advertisements ,BDs and much much more yet they didnt even bother doing a single thing ,its unfair to compare it to RDR 2? well what about yakuza? these games are much much smaller than Cyberpunk yet it has a shit ton of mini games.

i dont want to accuse Cdpr of laziness because they are not ,but i think that they should have hired a team that can design these things and implement them to the open world keep in mind THEY STILL CAN FIX THIS but i doubt it

this is a gripe that i had with the witcher 3 ,but for some reason it was critcismproof on the internet if it was criticized then Cdpr would have considered adding these things ,just like how they butchered the length of the main story

guys don't expect any content until march, they said they will patch #1 in january and patch #2 in february, so maybe march april will be added some content but i doubt it.
They have big team but i dont think everyone is working maybe few people working on game everyone else is either making Witcher 4 or on vacation.
I was thinking that RDR 2 spoiled me in this regard think of what you can do in that game
-You can rob stores ,people and trains
-You can hunt animals
-You can go to a saloon to eat and sleep
-You can be a bounty hunter or have a big ass bounty on your head
-You can go to a theatre
-You can go fishing
-You can play cards ,Dominos and five finger fillet
Meanwhile in Cyberpunk has a jaw droopingly beautiful open world and you have all these advertisement arcades ,board games ,karaoke advertisements ,BDs and much much more yet they didnt even bother doing a single thing ,its unfair to compare it to RDR 2? well what about yakuza? these games are much much smaller than Cyberpunk yet it has a shit ton of mini games.

i dont want to accuse Cdpr of laziness because they are not ,but i think that they should have hired a team that can design these things and implement them to the open world keep in mind THEY STILL CAN FIX THIS but i doubt it

this is a gripe that i had with the witcher 3 ,but for some reason it was critcismproof on the internet if it was criticized then Cdpr would have considered adding these things ,just like how they butchered the length of the main story

yes i also was spoiled by GTA, RDR, Yakuza, Witcher3, Final Fantasy, hell even some Assassin Creed series had fun side activities.
Night City looks beautiful and inviting yet i can't do anything in it.

100%....I was wondering about the BDs, the shops, even the reflex booster inhaler a little bummed on the shear about that was cut. I keep telling myself that it could be a free dlc (not expansion) but idk. I've been defending CDPR all the way but it would be cool to see some cut content "Uncut" for at least PC users. I assume things were slimed considerably for XBOX 1 & PS4 (maybe even XBOX sX, & PS5) If not there's always mods :rolleyes::smart:

To be fair the Witcher wasn't very interactive either, aside from Gwent. NPCs acted much the same as they do in Cyberpunk.

All the interaction is in missions, sidequests, and random encounters (like bounties). I'm fine with it. The game just needs some polish.

I'm also sure that the DLC will add more interaction. Probably hair salons and cosmetic shops, for one. Maybe arcade rooms.
i remember criticizing this in before on the witcher reddit got downvoted to oblivion

guys don't expect any content until march, they said they will patch #1 in january and patch #2 in february, so maybe march april will be added some content but i doubt it.
They have big team but i dont think everyone is working maybe few people working on game everyone else is either making Witcher 4 or on vacation.

yes i also was spoiled by GTA, RDR, Yakuza, Witcher3, Final Fantasy, hell even some Assassin Creed series had fun side activities.
Night City looks beautiful and inviting yet i can't do anything in it.

The issue is, the people defending it and saying "there is plenty to do" are technically right. The problem is, most of the "to do" is to sneak/break in somewhere and either kill/knock out enemies, rescue someone or get a package. And while the stories surrounding those missions are well done (as always by CDPR), there is not enough non-combat stuff to do where you can interact with the city and its NPCs. With the world really.

And this is really where you see that CDPR zoned in on the story and only the story. Its the one thing they do well (at least the moment-to-moment storytelling, one could argue about some points in TW3s main story, but thats not the topic here) and they didn't venture outside of that. Which imo is just a big mistake.

They need to do some soul searching imo. Yes, a good story is the backbone of every game like this. But. I hope they will add a lot more ineteractive features, non-combat activities and also make the random NPCs, traffic, vendors and police "smarter" and more responsive, so that in the end those aspects of the world will be fleshed out too and we will have an immersive experience on all levels.

(Also, not the topic here, but pls overhaul the loot system, in its current state its just too much loot with too little value and not enough focus on the style/fashion that was advertised)

I disagree. I went into this game with witcher 3 in mind. In witcher 3, there was not much interactions either. Instead, what it had was a very immersive world ( at least for me) that set up a great atmosphere to complete side quests and main missions. What made the witcher 3 great was it's great story and it's character. So, in that sense, the world of cybperpunk 2077 succeeds in that. In my opinion, the story is better than Witcher 3, and the world and it's many great details helps me to immerse myself in the side quests and main story even further.

Can there be improvements? Yes, there can be. But for setting up the side missions and the main quest, the game succeeds.

I disagree. I went into this game with witcher 3 in mind. In witcher 3, there was not much interactions either. Instead, what it had was a very immersive world ( at least for me) that set up a great atmosphere to complete side quests and main missions. What made the witcher 3 great was it's great story and it's character. So, in that sense, the world of cybperpunk 2077 succeeds in that. In my opinion, the story is better than Witcher 3, and the world and it's many great details helps me to immerse myself in the side quests and main story even further.

Can there be improvements? Yes, there can be. But for setting up the side missions and the main quest, the game succeeds.

Yes you are right nobody or at least I am not saying its not a great game. As for the Witcher 3 yes I said it above, besides for Gwent it wasnt very interactive too and the generic NPCs there was also very stale and not responsive yet I still consider it a masterpiece. So yeah Cyberpunk succeeds in all aspects Witcher does and its also a great game.

But on the other hand, and correct me if I am wrong here, but from the pre release teases and statements from the devs (in videos, interviews, articles etc.) they kinda talked about how Cyberpunk world will be more sandboxy and more interactive (there will be plenty to do in you spare time to hang out and spend money) and that it will be the new standard for open world games, and that was not delivered in my opinion.

This game doesn't even have an option to scale enemies to your level, whether it'll be lower or higher.
This means you can't play the side activites in the order you would want, or if you get a quest that requires you for example to venture to a high level area to collect tarot cards, you will get one shot by gang bangers.

Open world is only fun if we doing side missions\gigs etc. I can appreciate ammount of different approaches to every location depening on your character build, ammount of optional entries etc. However if you don't use stealth or netrunning and just go somewhere blasting everything - it feels like a ordinary shooter.

But truly, outside of cool mission locations, walking or driving arround the city is just for flavour and to wow you with the graphics.

The issue is, the people defending it and saying "there is plenty to do" are technically right. The problem is, most of the "to do" is to sneak/break in somewhere and either kill/knock out enemies, rescue someone or get a package. And while the stories surrounding those missions are well done (as always by CDPR), there is not enough non-combat stuff to do where you can interact with the city and its NPCs. With the world really.

And this is really where you see that CDPR zoned in on the story and only the story. Its the one thing they do well (at least the moment-to-moment storytelling, one could argue about some points in TW3s main story, but thats not the topic here) and they didn't venture outside of that. Which imo is just a big mistake.

They need to do some soul searching imo. Yes, a good story is the backbone of every game like this. But. I hope they will add a lot more ineteractive features, non-combat activities and also make the random NPCs, traffic, vendors and police "smarter" and more responsive, so that in the end those aspects of the world will be fleshed out too and we will have an immersive experience on all levels.

(Also, not the topic here, but pls overhaul the loot system, in its current state its just too much loot with too little value and not enough focus on the style/fashion that was advertised)
When speaking about interactivity, I think we need to differentiate between interactive story, and interactive environment.

Personally, I don't think that an interactive story automatically classifies a game as an RPG, even if it features other basic RPG-elements.
I'd call Cyberpunk 2077 a Cinematic Choice-Based Action Adventure: CCBAA

Top Bottom