World Masters Challenge: Season 2

+

Can you predict the future?

Prove it by picking the correct winners and earn fabulous rewards in the official GWENT World Masters Divination Challenge!

PS Don't forget, the World Masters tournament is coming December 5-6th!

rrc

Forum veteran
My Prediction:
Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 9.12.51 AM.png

My predictions and reasoning:
QF1) I don't know much about Kams, but I know Gravesh is an excellent player. And given that he has Red coin, I think he would win. I was not sure whether to put 1 or 2 games for Kams, but went with generous end.
QF2) This is the hardest! Both of them are exceptional players. But I think Paja is creative and crazy enough to use his Red coin to beat TailBot in a close 3-2 match
QF3) Kolemoen was a great player, but I am not so sure of his form in recent times. When the divination challenge came for Master 1 early this year, I actually chose Kolemon as the winner. But not anymore. Given his recent form, I went with 3-1 victory for Wangid. I would be glad if I am proved wrong and Kolemoen wins!
QF4) Saber is a great player, but Demarcation on red coin would be a force to reckon with. A 3-2 is more likely, but I went with 3-1 just to have some crazy impossible score.
SF1) Paja with red coin would be able to take down Garven in a close 3-2 game
SF2) Demarcation is a better player than Wangid and with Red Coin, I think he can win him 3-1
Finals) This would be crazy. I think both the players would have learned a lot by now with the decks they play and the tournament meta to pick their decks on blue coins. I think Paja would beat Demarcation in a close 3-2 grand Finals.

I have no hope for winning the grand divination prize (predicting all games' winners and score), but I believe I will get some 50 MP wins :) What are your predictions and why?

[Also, remember the "Submit Your Pick" and logout and login again to confirm that your picks have been recorded. First time, I didn't submit and after logout and login, there was nothing.]

DRK3

Forum veteran
@rrc Quite bold, sharing your picks in here, and with your reasoning behind them, you might get some 'followers' from newer players that arent familiarized with the pro players and are looking to improve their chances by copying someone with better insight.
Not that this will harm you in anyway, these are virtual goods and dont need to be shared like the money pool for the tournament players.

Personally, i dont like my odds on the "full win", and i dont need any resources, so i wont participate, but i will be cheering for TailBot, although Wangid and Demarcation also have my admiration.
What i really want to see are decks outside of the box (maybe an Alzur?) so its not just another 2 afternoons of metamatches, so i will reformulate who i am cheering for after i see the decklists.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
@rrc Quite bold, sharing your picks in here, and with your reasoning behind them, you might get some 'followers' from newer players that arent familiarized with the pro players and are looking to improve their chances by copying someone with better insight.
Not that this will harm you in anyway, these are virtual goods and dont need to be shared like the money pool for the tournament players.

Personally, i dont like my odds on the "full win", and i dont need any resources, so i wont participate, but i will be cheering for TailBot, although Wangid and Demarcation also have my admiration.
What i really want to see are decks outside of the box (maybe an Alzur?) so its not just another 2 afternoons of metamatches, so i will reformulate who i am cheering for after i see the decklists.
I didn't think about the aspect you had mentioned here about new players may follow my predictions. Now I am scared. I should probably add a Disclaimer :)

Yes, I too think Tailbot and Demarcation are likely finalists and it would be close. But Paja is also a very very strong player and given the Red Coin I wanted to bet on Paja.

Even for me, I don't need those rewards, but this challenge is fun. Me too sincerely hope there is at least one non-meta deck. But I don't think anyone would dare to use Alzur since the stakes are very high, they will go with the proven decks with very minimal change with small techs to possible decks. Lets see how the tournament goes. I am pretty excited for it though!

While I could use the resources, and will enjoy the tournament, I will pass on this contest. First, it would be pure guesses on my part and might cause me to cheer for players according to my random picks rather than decks or play styles I like to see, and second, because I don’t want to sign up for more accounts which I will forget or forget credentials to and through which I can be tracked.

While I could use the resources, and will enjoy the tournament, I will pass on this contest. First, it would be pure guesses on my part and might cause me to cheer for players according to my random picks rather than decks or play styles I like to see, and second, because I don’t want to sign up for more accounts which I will forget or forget credentials to and through which I can be tracked.
It looks like this whole contest is organized by CDPR, so I would imagine you just enter your Gwent logon information, meaning no secondary account required.

As for myself, I've never before watched any tournament or streamer related to Gwent, but I don't have any problem throwing away five minutes of my time by making completely random guesses; Meteorite Powder isn't usually just given away. That promotional card back might even get me to watch some of the tournament; although, eight hours is A LOT of time.

DRK3

Forum veteran

You dont have to make any extra accounts, just login on the link with the same account you use for Gwent and quickly fill it, almost no effort or time spent.

Im saying this because i dont want players missing out just because they might have been influenced my some of my snobbish comments - im Prestige 10, and the amount of Powder i will get with kegs on expansion day it will be enough to get the WotW set on premium immediately.

But i know Powder isnt easy to come by, and this opportunity is very generous, even if you put random picks you might get enough powder for a new premium epic or two, so please reconsider it.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

DC9V

Forum veteran
My Prediction:
I think Paja would beat Demarcation in a close 3-2 grand Finals.
Didn't see Paja streaming for a while. Maybe he's playing too much Among Us on his phone?
I bet Demarcation is going to win...

rrc

Forum veteran
Didn't see Paja streaming for a while. Maybe he's playing too much Among Us on his phone?
I bet Demarcation is going to win...
I would bet that he is practicing for the tournament very hard and doesn't have time to stream (since he may want to play his tournament deck and practice them, may be with his friends and teammates). Honestly, whoever wins doesn't matter.. I am just too damn excited for the tournament. It would be epic!

SF1) Paja with red coin would be able to take down Garven in a close 3-2 game
SF2) Demarcation is a better player than Wangid and with Red Coin, I think he can win him 3-1
I'm pretty sure coin is random from semis, not 100% tho, i asked paja and saber today and they were not sure :shrug::giveup:

I'm pretty sure coin is random from semis, not 100% tho, i asked paja and saber today and they were not sure :shrug::giveup:
I'm curious if that's true or not. The red coin assumption that RRC mentioned was pretty much the only basis for my predictions, since it's so easy to win on even with the red coin given the current imbalance of the game. One would think that the tournament rules and overall structure would all have to be laid out in advance.

So where can we see the final scores? I ended up having the tournament running in the background on my phone all day in order to get the card back, but I only noticed who won each round and not how many games were won by each player, except for the wangid1 vs. kolemoen matchup; although, I would be surprised if a single person correctly predicted that score.

Also, is it normal to have Twitch running for 8+ hours and not receive any powder or kegs? I thought the website said that there was a chance to get a drop every half hour. That would mean that I failed to earn more than 16 possible drops today; it makes me wonder how low the drop rate is.

Last edited:

Lexor

Forum veteran
I thought the website said that there was a chance to get a drop every half hour. That would mean that I failed to earn more than 16 possible drops today; it makes me wonder how low the drop rate is.
Where did you see that drop rate mentioned?

When I was actively watching Gwent streams 4h+/day it was "normal" for me to get nothing for like 2-3 weeks or even more.

Where did you see that drop rate mentioned?

When I was actively watching Gwent streams 4h+/day it was normal for me to get a drop like once/2-3 weeks or even more.

Under "Watcher Award", it says, "Every 30 minutes of watching livestreams of any Witcher world game on Twitch, you have a chance to receive 50 Meteorite Powder or 3 Card Kegs." It doesn't actually give the percentage of the drop, but you definitely have a chance to earn one every half hour on Twitch. In addition, I have no real experience to draw from since I never understood the appeal of watching other people play games, and I don't follow sports, e- or otherwise; I only created a Twitch account for the Masters card back.

Lexor

Forum veteran
@Six-Sided-Prism: Well, anyway, the drop rate is abysmal, I would be "happy" to receive 1 drop/week, watching stream 4h+/day.

I've just checked my whole Twitch history and I think I've received no more than 5 Gwent drops in total.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Now, how can I delete my post? :p:p (kidding...)
I am happy for predicting at least 2 winners correct and getting 50MP.
Hopefully will get another 50MP today. 0-3 Wangid loss was unbelievable. Kolemon would have scared the hell out of the other three by now. On the other hand Saber winning Demarcation comfortably is also a such a strong statement from him. Today's games will be EPIC!

Top Bottom