World Masters Season 1 announced!

+

The time has finally come: the grand finale of the first season of GWENT Masters series is coming in June!

The competition will be fierce – eight of Season 1 top players will be battling for the biggest prize pool in GWENT’s history: 250.000 USD!

And of course no GWENT Masters e-sports event can happen without a great broadcast team:

Save the date and stay tuned for more details!

Extremely strange to see Lifecoach in the biggest Gwent tournament ever. AFAIK, he did not even play post-Homecoming Gwent until very recently, he is essentially a "new player"!

That said, he has said that he will be donating anything he wins to charity, so I will definitely be rooting for him (although I think his chances are very slim).

Yay! Finally, some closure. I'm glad the participants can finally get their due. I was a little worried it would never happen. As I recall, there was some cool stuff planned originally. I took a break from Gwent for a few months, and just started up again. I think I picked a good time to return. Can't wait to see what is coming this year. As always, thanks for your hard work and dedication. I'm still a believer! :)

Aw, I was hoping to see the first pair in the finals. Now I don't know who to root for except that it's gonna be whoever wins the first series.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I will be cheering for Tailbot, just like i was on Masters #2. I actually think he has better chances to win this one, with more players who were out of the game for long periods (im not just refering to Lifecoach).

The first reward for watching 4 hours gwent master is repeated. The title Beholder has already been given in the past.

It was too difficult to create a new one?

This first series is going to be way more interesting than I'd expected, and I was expecting it to be highly interesting.
Those decks of Lifecoach's are definitely something. :D

Gold bars and hamsters... this is certainly going to be fun as well as interesting. :LOL:

All times the two days stream seems to me so long... Too many hours
Is not possible do something to acelerate the event?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Congratulations to the winner of Masters #1

I watched most of the event, probably 10-12 hours, and i thought

Kolemoen, Freddybabes and Adzikov played really well, any of the 3 would be a worthy winner.

Tailbot had really bad luck from the start, going into Lifecoach's list which countered him so hard not even a god could escape defeat.

Lifecoach and GamekingAT, props for bringing unusual decks, but the fact these players were away from the game for so long shows, they make a lot of mistakes and clearly arent on the same level as the rest. Still, i hope they stick with Gwent.

And i hope Tailbot wins Masters #3, third time's the charm right? :sad:

Lifecoach said something in his pre-semifinal interview that definitely made it sound like he's going to stick with the game at least for some time. I don't remember exactly, but he did.

Which is great!

Also, I do have to say the winner thoroughly deserved to win. He played brilliantly.

Top Bottom