World Masters tournament postponed

+

Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with our utmost priority being the health of GWENT World Masters participants, guests, and employees, we made the difficult decision to postpone the event.

We will share a new plan for hosting the tournament soon.

That is a shame :( was really looking forward to it; but in the current virus climate its understandable nobody really wants to take part in an event with a ton of people around with international travel involved.

Aww. Can't it be done in online format, with all participants staying at home?

I expected as much :) Better safe than sorry.

There was supposed to be some reveal during the turnament, are you going to do a dev stream instead?

Not safe to travel by plane and everyone should try to avoid places with large gathering of people. Not safe at all. I had to cancel a vacation - even if it was going to another state in the US.

;( I was looking forward to it, meta is pretty good. Feels like there will be more cases of illness later than sooner, so i'm afraid you will be postponing it for a looong time.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I thought about this possibility today, but i thought CDPR wasnt going to cancel because the viewers arent in the precint where the matches take place like the last times, so it would be only the 8 contestants and the casters and devs.

But i guess it's better to be on the safe side. Lets hope this virus thingie ends soon...

I thought about this possibility today, but i thought CDPR wasnt going to cancel because the viewers arent in the precint where the matches take place like the last times, so it would be only the 8 contestants and the casters and devs.

But i guess it's better to be on the safe side. Lets hope this virus thingie ends soon...

Ooh no, that's sad news!

What I heard is that these kind of viruses spread less in the warm season. So perhaps we might see it happen some time in the spring or summer is my guess.

Are there any news yet regarding the new schedule for the tournaments? After watching the Aretuza World Championship I feel like online tournament from CDPR would be cool.
It's just sad when you think that the last tournament Gwent had was in September :(

Top Bottom