WORLD with no EPIC & LEGENDARY loot

+
Been doing GIGS + NCPD Scanner events for the past week, thats about 30+ missions. None of the static boxes +static corpses+killed enemies had any loot on them that was of quality higher than RARE. All I ever found was either a RARE, COMMON or UNCOMMON clothing item, grenade, heals, or more often than not JUNK. On occasion there was a EPIC gun drop (per mission) but nothing else EPIC, not even in the static boxes or corpses.
My characte level is 50, street cred 50 (have been for the past 50 or more hours of gameplay) and I also play on VERY HARD difficulty. I originally was playing on HARD but after doing about 10 missions and not getting anything above RARE just the odd EPIC gun , I switched to VERY HARD thinking its a scalling issue of some sort. Both on Very Hard and Hard difficulty all GIGS and NCPD Scanner events are marked as VERY LOW Danger.
However, this issue i noticed only recently about a week ago. I do have HOTFIX 1.11 installed, and everything seemed fine after, but over the days that followed after installing 1.11 things started to degenerate to the point of nearly zero variety in loot. In one mission killed over 10 enemies (GIG: A SHRINE DEFILED) and 5 of them had the exact same items (URBAN LASER ANTI-PUNCTURE NEOTAC BIKER PANTS -Common with a 3.2 ARMOR), 3 of the 10 which only had 1 JUNK item on them (Counterfeit Documents). Also the lootable boxes had items ranging from rare to uncommon (1 RARE item found in the box next to the Objective computer). Usualy at least the main static box for a NCPD or random GIG would yield at least 1 EPIC item and on very great occassion a Legendary item of some sort.

Seems like im stuck in a world where the best loot is RARE no slots and min armor, didnt even bother picking anything up in any of the missions, except for the odd Skill/Perk Shard, cyberware or mod crafting spec.

Anyone else encounter this ? it is meant to be this way.. if yes then whats the point of doing any missions if the loot is the same as when i was level 20? Doesnt seem to be right since up until about a week and a half ago things seemed to be normal. Now it seems the only way i can get EPIC items are from vendors, and ZERO chance to get any LEGENDARY.

Did you try to move away from the loot, and then see if it changes the stats? Or scum saving? It takes ages for the PS4 to reload, but it might trigger better loot.

Item quality is level dependent. You generally won't see legendary gear appear in gigs until you are level 40. This is from my work in progress spreadsheet:

Legendary drop locations:

Gig: Hacking the Hacker - Boostknit Neotac Pants + DB-4 Igla Shotgun (*)
Gig: Getting Warmer - Military-Graded Aramid Netrunning Suit (level 40)
Gig: Flying Drugs - Arte Urbano Elegantly Nanostitched Shirt (level tbc)
Gig: Until Death Do Us Part - Nowaki + Liberty (*)
Side Job: Riders on the Storm (Wraith Compound, Saul's Room) - Electric Baton Beta (level tbc)
Gig: Sparring Partner - Worn Punk Coat (level 36)
Gig: Going Away Party - Composite-Coated Camo Slim Fits (level 39)
Gig: Catch a Tyger's Toe - Multilayered Maroon Scales Syn-Coated bomber (level 41) + Kogane No Yume Titanium BD Wreath (level 40)
Gig: Many Ways to Skin a Cat - Crusher (level 41) + JKE-X2 Kenshin (level 41)
Gig: Occupational Hazard - M2038 Tactician (level 41) + M-76e Omaha (level 41)
Gig: Hippocratic Oath - Random Clothing (x 41) + Used Synleather Fleets (level 41)
Gig: Two Wrongs Don't Make Us Right - DS-1 Pulsar (level 42)

tbc means I haven't got around to picking it up yet. Asterisk means I am locked out of the gig and can no longer pick the items up. These are always gigs with elevator rides and are subject to permanent lockout some time after completion of the gig. I confirmed they can roll legendary however by checking with CET and setting level to 50.

Level is my character level when I picked the item up as legendary. This does not mean it is the minimum level, but with very few exceptions, you won't see legendary loot from gigs below level 40.

The pattern is pretty clear however:

1) Virtually all gigs have at least 1 container that can spawn the highest quality (legendary) loot. A significant number of them have 2 containers.
2) Almost all of these containers have a minimum level requirement before legendary tier can be rolled. This is typically around level 40 but some are higher and some are lower.
3) Exceeding the minimum level requirement increases the occurrence rate of legendary tier upgrade and reduces the occurrence rate of me-thrill mods. That is, if you save scum any of the containers in these gigs at level 50, you will see them turn legendary more often and they will have max sockets more often than if you do it at level 40 or 41.
4) Lower quality tiers (epic, rare etc.) have lower minimum level requirements so you see them in the game world much sooner.
5) The containers are mostly static entities but in a few cases like Hippocratic Oath, one of the containers is an enemy corpse. In this gig specifically, it is the Maelstrom gang member with the motorcycle helmet who is told to go outside. I have listed the item type as Random Clothing because corpse loot is pseudo randomly generated based on the xyz coordinates of the enemy when you kill him. You will get different items of clothing depending on where he dies. It is still possible to farm a specific item from him but it requires one shot stealth kills at set points in his patrol cycle to have any control over it.

How to spot a high tier container in a gig? Even at level 50 most containers that have white/green items will not be able to roll rare, epic or legendary, no matter how much you save scum. If you find a blue item on an enemy corpse or a static container then this can often roll epic if your level is high enough, although not always. You have to use CET to set level to 50 to confirm if it can. I don't know the exact level epics to start showing up regularly but its in the 20s to 30s.

If you encounter a purple item in any static container in a gig in the level 30s, this is almost always something that can roll legendary if you are level 40+. Some of them require a lot more save scumming than others. For example, in Gig: Catch a Tyger's Toe, the legendary occurrence rate for the BD wreath is an order of magnitude higher than the Bomber jacket. Its like 10 times more frequent. The bomber jacket will take a lot more save scumming at level 41 than if you do this gig at level 50. This gig requires an elevator ride down to a megabuilding basement so you can't come back and do this later since you will get locked out.

Bugs:

1) Weapons that spawn in static containers always have one less randomly rolled attribute compared to weapons purchased from vendors, looted directly off the ground or looted from an enemy corpse. Some randomly rolled attributes do not randomize as expected but this requires further testing. In summary, weapons looted from static containers can never roll crit chance/crit damage and are always inferior to weapons looted from enemy corpses or purchased from vendors.

2) NCPD assaults have a quest marked container that completes the hustle upon interaction. Most (but not all) of these containers are bugged and the loot inside them never level scales. This is why the rewards for NCPD assaults often have low vendor resale value, level 1 stats (i.e. a chest piece with 5 armour) and are always either white or green quality.

3) Saving/loading a game while corpse loot is on the ground will reset item level to 1. That is, if you kill an enemy, then interact with corpse, the loot will level scale correctly. If you kill enemy, save game, load game, then interact with corpse, the loot will be reset to level 1 permanently. This can and will reduce an item's quality tier if it has a minimum level requirement. So a blue item can become white/green permanently if you loaded a save game before looting a corpse. This only applies to weapons and clothing generated inside corpse containers. It does not apply to loot generated in static containers or weapons that drop directly on the ground (spawn their own containers).

Last edited:
Did you try to move away from the loot, and then see if it changes the stats? Or scum saving? It takes ages for the PS4 to reload, but it might trigger better loot.

I play on PS5 so loading is less time consuming. I started playing it on ps5 on the day 1.11 hotfix came out. First few days noticed a weird mod slot loss after picking a legendary up, 1-2 less mod slots than what the item originally had when looking at it in box/corse. Then things just deteriorated from there.
Yes i have tried moving away from loot both static and recent corpses, also tried reloading save either near loot after killing enemies in various ways, as well as reloading save from before starting the mission or just before shooting at anyone. not much varied other than different style clothing wise, and guns that have near the same starts appart from 1 varying stat.

I was just playing last night and did a few NCPD, 3 of them had between 4-7 enemies and all those enemies turned out to only have a junk item, food or ammo on them, while the main lootable boxes/backpack/corpse (which once you loot fully completes the mission) those had rare to unccomon items. Tried rolling those, they changed # mod slots (1 or 0 for rare) or style of clothing. Dont expect a rare item to roll into a Epic so that wasnt the reason why i rolled them just wnated to se if theres any change.
Armor on these items and in general for other NCPD enemies that had such items on them seems to mostly be at a min 3.8, with occasional 1 item at 54.8.
Post automatically merged:

Item quality is level dependent. You generally won't see legendary gear appear in gigs until you are level 40. This is from my work in progress spreadsheet:

Legendary drop locations:

Gig: Hacking the Hacker - Boostknit Neotac Pants + DB-4 Igla Shotgun (*)
Gig: Getting Warmer - Military-Graded Aramid Netrunning Suit (level 40)
Gig: Flying Drugs - Arte Urbano Elegantly Nanostitched Shirt (level tba)
Gig: Until Death Do Us Part - Nowaki + Liberty (*)
Side Job: Riders on the Storm (Wraith Compound, Saul's Room) - Electric Baton Beta (level tba)
Gig: Sparring Partner - Worn Punk Coat (level 36)
Gig: Going Away Party - Composite-Coated Camo Slim Fits (level 39)
Gig: Catch a Tyger's Toe - Multilayered Maroon Scales Syn-Coated bomber (level 41) + Kogane No Yume Titanium BD Wreath (level 40)
Gig: Many Ways to Skin a Cat - Crusher (level 41) + JKE-X2 Kenshin (level 41)
Gig: Occupational Hazard - M2038 Tactician (level 41) + M-76e Omaha (level 41)
Gig: Hippocratic Oath - Random Clothing (x 41) + Used Synleather Fleets (level 41)
Gig: Two Wrongs Don't Make Us Right - DS-1 Pulsar (level 42)

Asterisk means I am locked out of the gig because it requires an elevator ride to get to the containers but at some point after completing the gig I got a permanent elevator lockout and I can no longer go back to pick these items up. I confirmed they can roll legendary however by checking with CET and setting level to 50.

Level is my character level when I picked the item up as legendary. This does not mean it is the minimum level, but with very few exceptions, you won't see legendary loot from gigs below level 40.

The pattern is pretty clear however:

1) Virtually all gigs have at least 1 container that can spawn high quality (epic or legendary) loot. Many of them have 2 containers.
2) Almost all of these containers have a minimum level requirement before legendary tier can be rolled. This is typically around level 40 but some are higher and some are lower.
3) Exceeding the minimum level increases the occurrence rate of legendary tier and reduces the occurrence rate of me-thrill mods. That is, if you save scum any of the containers in these gigs at level 50, you will see them turn legendary more often and they will have max sockets more often than if you do it at level 40 or 41.
4) Lower quality tiers have lower minimum requirements.
5) The containers are mostly static entities but in a few cases like Hippocratic Oath, one of the containers is an enemy corpse. In this gig specifically, it is the Maelstrom gang member with the motorcycle helmet who is told to go outside. I have listed the item type as Random Clothing because corpse loot is pseudo randomly generated based on the xyz coordinates of the enemy when you kill him. You will get different items of clothing depending on where he dies. It is still possible to farm a specific item from him but it requires one shot stealth kills at set points in his patrol cycle to have any control over it.

How to spot a high tier container in a gig? Even at level 50 most containers that have white/green items will not be able to roll rare, epic or legendary, no matter how much you save scum. If you find a blue item on an enemy corpse or a static container then this can often roll epic if your level is high enough, although not always. You have to use CET to set level to 50 to confirm if it can. I don't know the exact level epics to start showing up regularly but its in the 20s to 30s.

If you encounter a purple item in any static container in a gig in the level 30s, this is almost always something that can roll legendary if you are level 40+. Some of them require a lot more save scumming than others. For example, in Gig: Catch a Tyger's Toe, the legendary occurrence rate for the BD wreath is an order of magnitude higher than the Bomber jacket. Its like 10 times more frequent. The bomber jacket will take a lot more save scumming at level 41 than if you do this gig at level 50. This gig requires an elevator ride down to a megabuilding basement so you can't come back and do this later since you will get locked out.

Bugs:

1) Weapons that spawn in static containers always have one less randomly rolled attribute compared to weapons purchased from vendors, looted directly off the ground or looted from an enemy corpse. Some randomly rolled attributes do not randomize as expected but this requires further testing. In summary, weapons looted from static containers can never roll crit chance/crit damage and are always inferior to weapons looted from enemy corpses or purchased from vendors.

2) NCPD assaults have a quest marked container that completes the hustle upon interaction. Most (but not all) of these containers are bugged and the loot inside them never level scales. This is why the rewards for NCPD assaults often have low vendor resale value, level 1 stats (i.e. a chest piece with 5 armour) and are always either white or green quality.

3) Saving/loading a game while corpse loot is on the ground will reset item level to 1. That is, if you kill an enemy, then interact with corpse, the loot will level scale correctly. If you kill enemy, save game, load game, then interact with corpse, the loot will be reset to level 1 permanently. This can and will reduce an item's quality tier if it has a minimum level requirement. So a blue item can become white/green permanently if you loaded a save game before looting a corpse. This only applies to weapons and clothing generated inside corpse containers. It does not apply to loot generated in static containers or weapons that drop directly on the ground (spawn their own containers).

Have about 215 hours worth of gameplay, id say about 110 hrs of that (to be conservative) ive played with Level 50 character and the bulk of the GIGs and NCPD at this level. Now i do have a fair share amount of Legendary and EPIC items so its not really a tragedy in that sense. Its more of a recent thing ive seen happen, it wasnt always the case only about a few days after i installed HOTIX 1.11. I did very little save scumming and mostly in the more recent play to see if theres anything changing. Idea is that other than a couple guns (at best) in the entire area of a mission to be the only and highest quality its a bit odd at lv 50, say 10 out of 20 gigs and NCPD done have highest rare item.. but over 30. I would expect to see at least 1 EPIC item drop on one enemy out of 20 killed from say 3-4 GIGS/NCPD.

Currently i play on PS5, game fully up to date. BUT i still have the game installed on my PRO with the 1.06 version of the game installed. My character on pro is basically a early save of the exact characte I play on PS5 about 50 hrs behind in playtime. Now, ive went back yesterday to check out the same GIG: A SHRINE DEFILED out of curiosity to see what kind of variety there is in loot. I killed everyone the same way, raised no alarms etc (if that even has any barrying on it at all).. loot was completly different obviously , but more so in the rarity, a couple items in common form,rest EPIC and RARE. Main loot box by computer objective had a Legendary item (Comfortable Midori Biofabric Cocktail Jacket - 3 mods), same jacket both in look and name i had picked up while playing on PS5 only it was in COMMON form.
Ive replayed this gig 25 times (from a earlier save i loaded about 8 hours before making it an objective) on the PS5, that box always dropped a RARE or COMMON version of that jacket, enemy loot varied from only having 1 or 2 items on them anywhere from 1 JUNK item + 1 FOOD item, or 1 clothing item (nothing higher than RARE) and combinations thereof, as well as the other boxes, lockers etc.
I cant quite make out what exactly is afoot or what to make of the comparison of the two versions. Probably would need to play them in tandem to further draw conclusions.

Yeah i did notice objecive boxes dont roll thats not a problem, its mostly that before this there was on occasion 1 EPIC item to be found either in that box or on a corpse or recently killed enemy. Thats no longer the case regardless of reloads , replays. I got most of my EPIC items when i way surpassed the lv 50 (if not al), there was a steady flow of variety, with Legendary items found on rare occasion during GIGS. I mostly enumarete Legendary in terms of GIGS not NCPD, cant really remember if i ever got a legendary item from a NCPD.

Another thing that I have notice is when finding a legendary Item (this happend to me first couple hours after i installed 1.11 and before things degenerated to the current state).. that that legendary item may show it has 3 mod slots while looking at it in the box/corpse, upon picking it up (take) and checking it out in inventory the item now has 1 mod slot less. Unfortunately i noticed after i had picked it up so i didnt take a pic of the item before. Now since i havent yet run into anything legendary for the past couple weeks i cant tell what exactly causes this. But i did confirm this event with a couple other players both playing on PS5 with 1.11 installed and noticed this imediatly after installing it. They currently are refraining from picking up legendary items for risk of loosing slots randomly. Not sure if the "Me-Thrill" causes this upon taking the item or what we see in the box is not the true item stats wise. On console unfotunatly cant tinker to debug what happens between the "looking" and the "take" path.

It is a bug, they hot fixed it with hotfix 1.12, Try updating now and then.

im on PS5 theres no 1.12 Hotfix for console, and it was for entire dif issue.
Updating what now and then?
My description of the issue includes the details of the current version of the game im using 1.11 and its posted in the PS tech

Last edited:
Now, ive went back yesterday to check out the same GIG: A SHRINE DEFILED out of curiosity to see what kind of variety there is in loot. I killed everyone the same way, raised no alarms etc (if that even has any barrying on it at all).. loot was completly different obviously , but more so in the rarity, a couple items in common form,rest EPIC and RARE. Main loot box by computer objective had a Legendary item (Comfortable Midori Biofabric Cocktail Jacket - 3 mods), same jacket both in look and name i had picked up while playing on PS5 only it was in COMMON form.

I have 160 hours on my first playthrough and 110 hours on my second but I have never done this gig and don't have it in my spreadsheet so I will need a bit to test it, but I'll report back once I've done that.

Another thing that I have notice is when finding a legendary Item (this happend to me first couple hours after i installed 1.11 and before things degenerated to the current state).. that that legendary item may show it has 3 mod slots while looking at it in the box/corpse, upon picking it up (take) and checking it out in inventory the item now has 1 mod slot less. Unfortunately i noticed after i had picked it up so i didnt take a pic of the item before. Now since i havent yet run into anything legendary for the past couple weeks i cant tell what exactly causes this. But i did confirm this event with a couple other players both playing on PS5 with 1.11 installed and noticed this imediatly after installing it. They currently are refraining from picking up legendary items for risk of loosing slots randomly. Not sure if the "Me-Thrill" causes this upon taking the item or what we see in the box is not the true item stats wise. On console unfotunatly cant tinker to debug what happens between the "looking" and the "take" path.

I need to write up a thread on the current itemisation bugs in 1.12 and submit a report. For now, I'm just continuing the 1.1 bug thread but activity is low and its difficult to make progress with less people actively testing things.

If at all possible, providing screenshot evidence is very helpful. I don't trust my own memory of how things worked in 1.06 and I knew less about item generation mechanics then than I do now. Also, I need other people to verify my data all the time, otherwise I get weird and wrong ideas about how the game works.

Platform shouldn't matter and it didn't when comparing screenshots between console and PC players in the 1.1 item randomization bug thread.

Socket count at this point is fairly well understood and I have never seen a legendary item lose a socket upon picking it up. Do you have a screenshot or video or this happening? As far as I am aware, nobody reported anything like this in the 1.1 bug thread.

Let me get a test setup going with the Shrine Defiled gig and lets see if we can find a pattern.

I have 160 hours on my first playthrough and 110 hours on my second but I have never done this gig and don't have it in my spreadsheet so I will need a bit to test it, but I'll report back once I've done that.

I need to write up a thread on the current itemisation bugs in 1.12 and submit a report. If at all possible, screenshot evidence is very helpful. I don't trust my own memory of how things worked in 1.06 and I knew less about item generation mechanics then than I do now. Also, I need other people to verify my data all the time, otherwise I get weird and wrong ideas about how the game works.

Platform shouldn't matter and it didn't when comparing screenshots between console and PC players in the 1.1 item randomization bug thread.

Socket count at this point is fairly well understood and I have never seen a legendary item lose a socket upon picking it up. Do you have a screenshot or video or this happening? As far as I am aware, nobody reported anything like this in the 1.1 bug thread.

Let me get a test setup going with the Shrine Defiled gig and see if we can identify a pattern.

The gig is found in North Oak, Westbrook (close to dataterm Capitola St.)
I wil look up some certain Legendary item spots and give it a go myself in order to provide clip/screenshot.

I dont have a BEFORE and AFTER screenshot of socket loss for the earlier mentioned item, unfortunately. But the two other ppl who have encountered it might, so i will upload them if i dont encounter myself another Legendary item and see how it behaves.

Shrine Defiled Rare Chest.jpg

Shrine Defiled Rare Chest Inventory.jpg

This loot container seems to behave as expected. At player level = 43, save summing this chest randomizes item quality (epic or legendary). It also randomizes the mods (which varies the socket count due to Me-Thrills).

This gig only seems to have 1 high tier loot container. I couldn't find a second one anyway.

All other containers such as the ones below can vary item quality between common and uncommon only:

Shrine Defiled Common Chest.jpg

This is consistent with my itemization research. All the gigs I have tested have 1 or 2 high tier loot containers. These are mostly static container objects, but they can be enemy corpses too. All other containers are low tier only.

When an enemy is killed, they can drop their weapon on the ground and spawn a corpse at the xyz coordinates when they died.

At player level = 50, weapons that drop on the ground can vary from common to epic quality. I have never seen an enemy drop a legendary weapon directly on the ground.

Corpses can spawn weapons and clothing. Below is a screenshot of an enemy with a rare clothing drop on their corpse at player level = 31:

NCPD level scaled.jpg

I believe corpses can spawn epic items? Don't have screenshot proof right now. Again, never seen an enemy drop legendary corpse loot except for bosses (specifically Sasquash and Oda who always drop 2 legendaries, regardless of player level - a weapon and an item of clothing).

I think corpse loot quality may vary with enemy level? I can't confirm this right now because I don't think there is a CET function to get enemy level. What I wanted to know is what is the level scaling range of the enemies in Gig: A Shrine Defiled.

If using Entity Inspector (a mod utility on the Nexus) you can inspect the gamepuppet associated with an npc. Under the heading "getrecord" it does show "level" but it is always zero. But there are lots of functions that don't work, don't report properly or don't exist (as far as I am aware) so I don't know. I think I'll drop a post on the mod author's nexus comments to see whats up with this.

I think enemy level has to scale within a minimum/maximum range and if so, is dependent on map location. Level difference between enemy and player is expressed as threat level. No idea if it affects loot quality.

Item level always scales to the player except where I have noted in the "bugs" subheading in post #5.

I don't know if this helps but I have seen legendary items gain a socket when replacing the existing mods.

I don't know if this helps but I have seen legendary items gain a socket when replacing the existing mods.

Could you elaborate? This should not be possible.

By way of explanation, sockets are not procedurally generated so legendary weapons, outer torsos and inner torsos always have 4 sockets. Legendary head/face/pants/boots always have 3 sockets.

Epic everything always have 2 sockets. Rares always have 1 socket. Uncommon/common always have 0 sockets.

Attachment/scope slots do not count as sockets.

Socket count varies due to the presence of a mod called "Me-Thrill" which gives +7 armour and disables the socket. It has a high occurrence rate (like 50% chance to roll, or higher but seems to vary depending on player level). It is likely this mod is a quick n' dirty method of faking socket count randomization without having to track the output of a separate random function. I do not believe the developers intended for players to ever find or use it, although if you have the crafting perk which salvages mods upon dismantling items, you may have seen it in your inventory.

If Me-Thrill is socketed, there is no way for the player to interact with the socket or see it in game, so you cannot replace it with another mod. You can however use a save editor on PC to replace the mod with a different mod ID, which will re-enable the socket. As far as I am aware, this is the only way in which an item can "gain" a socket - by using a third party tool to replace a mod that disabled one of them.

Last edited:
I'm just continuing the 1.1 bug thread but activity is low and its difficult to make progress with less people actively testing things.
Hi, could you give me a link to that thread. I would like to contribute if I can.

Hi, could you give me a link to that thread. I would like to contribute if I can.

[Patch 1.1 Bug] Item randomisation broken (hotfixed in patch 1.11) | Page 16 | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

The first 4 pages and the the original (defunct) text of the first post are not relevant and are based on fundamentally incorrect assumptions about how loot generation in Cyberpunk works. I have retained the original text of the OP only for archival purposes, so readers understand that the first 4 pages don't make any sense because I didn't know enough about the problem to describe it properly.

On page 4 post number 62 a user posts a wild theory which subsequently turns out to be correct and from that point we begin sharing data and identifying patterns in loot generation which yield reproducible results. This goes on until post number 229 on page 12 which is when the 1.11 hotfix is deployed. This hotfix reverted loot randomization to its 1.06 state.

Post number 229 onwards is mostly off topic but there are some unresolved item randomization and level scaling issues which I'm trying to get additional verification for. This material really needs its own thread because it is specific to 1.12. I have summarized some of the outstanding bugs in this thread but screenshot examples are available in the thread I linked.

Last edited:
This is actually quite common. I've had items show an empty slot before pickup, whike worn only show modded slots then when de-modded release the unused slot. This is due to a mod spawning with the item using two slots.

This is actually quite common. I've had items show an empty slot before pickup, whike worn only show modded slots then when de-modded release the unused slot. This is due to a mod spawning with the item using two slots.

I've never seen this before. Do you have an example in screenshots/video?

View attachment 11179331
View attachment 11179346

This loot container seems to behave as expected. At player level = 43, save summing this chest randomizes item quality (epic or legendary). It also randomizes the mods (which varies the socket count due to Me-Thrills).

This gig only seems to have 1 high tier loot container. I couldn't find a second one anyway.

All other containers such as the ones below can vary item quality between common and uncommon only:

View attachment 11179349

This is consistent with my itemization research. All the gigs I have tested have 1 or 2 high tier loot containers. These are mostly static container objects, but they can be enemy corpses too. All other containers are low tier only.

When an enemy is killed, they can drop their weapon on the ground and spawn a corpse at the xyz coordinates when they died.

At player level = 50, weapons that drop on the ground can vary from common to epic quality. I have never seen an enemy drop a legendary weapon directly on the ground.

Corpses can spawn weapons and clothing. Below is a screenshot of an enemy with a rare clothing drop on their corpse at player level = 31:

View attachment 11179358

I believe corpses can spawn epic items? Don't have screenshot proof right now. Again, never seen an enemy drop legendary corpse loot except for bosses (specifically Sasquash and Oda who always drop 2 legendaries, regardless of player level - a weapon and an item of clothing).

I think corpse loot quality may vary with enemy level? I can't confirm this right now because I don't think there is a CET function to get enemy level. What I wanted to know is what is the level scaling range of the enemies in Gig: A Shrine Defiled.

If using Entity Inspector (a mod utility on the Nexus) you can inspect the gamepuppet associated with an npc. Under the heading "getrecord" it does show "level" but it is always zero. But there are lots of functions that don't work, don't report properly or don't exist (as far as I am aware) so I don't know. I think I'll drop a post on the mod author's nexus comments to see whats up with this.

I think enemy level has to scale within a minimum/maximum range and if so, is dependent on map location. Level difference between enemy and player is expressed as threat level. No idea if it affects loot quality.

Item level always scales to the player except where I have noted in the "bugs" subheading in post #5.
I wasnt able to find a gig from the list you mentioned in your prev post. The only one that was still not completed was the "Gig: Hacking the Hacker - Boostknit Neotac Pants + DB-4 Igla Shotgun (*)" and was hoping these pants you mentioned are there so i could test the loss of slot. Unfortunately I couldnt find these pants in any rarity during this GIG. The gig did have 2 static boxes, 1 contained the DB-4 IGLA Shotgun (as mentioned by you ) and the other had the Legendary Crafting Schematic for RT-46 BURYA revolver (this spec I already own from a prev mission). I did replay the GIG several times in hopes that those pants show up, about 8 times yielding the same results so i just left it at that.

I decided to reload a save from 5 hours before tackling the GIG: A SHRINE DEFILED, since i have nearly no gigs left on the map, but seeing how when I played this gig on the 1.06 it gave me as reward the same jacket you have screenshoted here.
This time around the box next to the comp did contain Legendary rarity of the jacket, while the prev times it was only RARE.

IMG_0095.JPG

1st picture - Jacket in box has 3 slots, 2 occupied and 1 Empty.

IMG_0097.JPG

2nd picture- after taking the Jacket and looking at it in inventory imediatly after , the Jacket now has ONLY 2 slots , both occupied by the same mods it has while still in the box.

At first i figured figured the empty slot is somehow altered on it path from box to inventory, so I save scummed the item 20 times. This resulted in the item varying between EPIC and LEGENDARY rarity as well as varying # of slots for each of those.
However every time the item was Legandary screenshoted it and then picked it up and check if the slots have been altered in inventory. The slot loss didnt happen every single time but it happened more often than not.

IMG_0105.JPG

Item has 4 slots, 3 occupied, 1 empty and remains unaltered after pick up and checking it out in inventory. As seen below pic.
IMG_0100 2.JPG

I took a few more pictures of the times the item had 2 slots in the box , and then lost one once i picked it up and looked at it in the inventory.

IMG_0099 2.JPG

IMG_0101 2.JPG

Same item in inventory not only has ONLY 1 slot with the Fortuna (15% crit chance) mod equipped as it was while in the box.

I will have to run it more to see if theres a correlation between when the item has Legendary mods on it does it loose slots only then, as opposed to when it has mods of lesser rarity (Epic, Rare, Common, Uncommon)

However i was completely dumbfounded when i got to the box and saw the item now is legendary, whereas when i replayed this GIG previous days it never got better than RARE. Not sure what to even make of it. 26th time is the charm?!

Your pictures of the loot on corpses and lockers, boxes etc. are consistent with what i have found when playing and replaying this gig, AT LEVEL 50, with the exception of the Legendary which after 25 replays it never was.. only today for the first time. However in all the replayes this GIG never dropped an EPIC item for me until this day while save scumming the static box by the comp objective.
GIG: HACK THE HACKER did drop for me 2 Epic items on killed enemies +1 in a box (balcony of where the sniper was sitting). So that was nice .

I have never experienced this for any iitem of any type or rarity. LOOSING slots yes but gaining, never. Do you have screenshot of this or a clip?

Last edited:
May I ask what platform you are on? I'm on PC, patch 1.12. I really want to take a save editor to one of those saves and see why empty sockets are disappearing. There is one more thing you can do for me to confirm a hunch. Me-Thrill gives +7 armour, so based on character level and the number of visible sockets in game, you can tell what the armour should be.

For example: Using the last 2 screenshots of your previous post. Level 50 outer torso has 180 base armour. This one is legendary meaning it has 4 sockets. If you see 1 crit mod and 1 empty socket only, it means the item generated with 2x Me-Thrills (disabling 2 of the sockets), so the total armour should be 180 + 7 + 7 = 194 (well 193.9) but the game is inconsistent with how many decimal places it shows, and showing decimals when the floor or ceiling is taken.

This is the second to last screenshot you have posted. The last screenshot shows you wearing the same piece of armour with 1 socket. If this item has 3x Me-Thrills, it means the armour should be 201. Then we will know without a save editor that an empty socket turned into a Me-Thrill mod or not. If this is the case then we need to figure out the mechanics of why this is happening.

With regards to Gig: Hacking the Hacker, I can no longer confirm the contents of the containers due to elevator lockout but I can show you where the high tier containers are:

Container A location and contents at level 31:
H6 Container A location.jpg

H6 Container A contents.jpg

Please note that this screen shot was taken during patch 1.1 when loot randomization was broken for everyone on every platform so everyone got this item. Rarity varied depending on level. In this case, at level 31 it would vary between rare and epic if save scummed.

In patch 1.06, Container A had the Boostknit Neotac Pants for me. Confirmed with CET that it could roll legendary at level 50. I did not take a screenshot at that time, merely wrote it down in a spreadsheet with the intent of coming back to pick it up when I was higher level. Patch 1.1 deployed the following day and I never got the opportunity but it was the first container I checked. I attempted to rollback to 1.06 to confirm Boostknit Neotac Pants still drops from this container but all of my save files black screen in 1.06 and I don't know why. Another user did confirm my observation however:

[Patch 1.1 Bug] Item randomisation broken (hotfixed in patch 1.11) | Page 11 | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED (Patch 1.06, level 50, PC)
Cyberpunk containerA.png

Container B location and contents at level 31:
H6 Container B location.jpg

H6 Container B contents.jpg

If you are short on gigs, can you post the names of a few you have not done yet? Then I can do those gigs because I have a fairly comprehensive save library and I have access to every gig in the game for testing purposes. Its really just a question of finding the right save file. The main thing is we compare the same things, get screenshot evidence of an observed problem and reproduce it. Then we can try to understand the mechanics of why its happening, whether its platform specific etc. but the end goal will be to submit a high quality bug report (with accurate information) so the devs can fix it really fast.

When using CDPR's bug reporting system, low volume, high quality reports is best. We want their private issue tracker to have as few, high quality reports as possible. Submitting a high volume of low quality (inaccurate) reports will just result in them spending loads of time running down blind alleyways looking for solutions to problems that don't exist. Everything in the queue gets delayed and real problems take forever to fix.

I'm intend to write up a 1.12 itemization bug megathread and when that happens, it will include all the evidence you have posted here.

Last edited:
May I ask what platform you are on? I'm on PC, patch 1.12. I really want to take a save editor to one of those saves and see why empty sockets are disappearing. Thats completely new to me and I can't reproduce it on PC.

With regards to Gig: Hacking the Hacker, I can no longer confirm the contents of the containers due to elevator lockout but I can show you where the high tier containers are:

Please note that this screen shot was taken during patch 1.1 when loot randomization was broken for everyone on every platform so everyone got this item. Rarity varied depending on level. In this case, at level 31 it would vary between rare and epic if save scummed.

In patch 1.06, Container A had the Boostknit Neotac Pants for me. Confirmed with CET that it could roll legendary at level 50. I did not take a screenshot at that time, merely wrote it down in a spreadsheet with the intent of coming back to pick it up when I was higher level. Patch 1.1 deployed the following day and I never got the opportunity but it was the first container I checked. I attempted to rollback to 1.06 to confirm Boostknit Neotac Pants still drops from this container but all of my save files black screen in 1.06 and I don't know why. Another user did confirm my observation however:

[Patch 1.1 Bug] Item randomisation broken (hotfixed in patch 1.11) | Page 11 | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED (Patch 1.06, level 50, PC)
Cyberpunk containerA.png
I will have to replay this GIG on the 1.06 version of the game that i still have installed on my PS4 PRO, and check this box . Its been giving me troubles, many crashes or fails to start game, so ill give it a go and get back on it.

If you are short on gigs, can you post the names of a few you have not done yet? Then I can do those gigs because I have a fairly comprehensive save library and I have access to every gig in the game for testing purposes. Its really just a question of finding the right save file.

I play the game on PS5 on the latest 1.11 version of the game. All plays and re-plays above mentioned regarding slot loss (basicaly the bulk of the gigs found in game) were all run on PS5.

All GIGs that i still havent completed:
IMG_0120.JPG

GIG: Jeopardy
GIG: Hot merchandise
GIG: Error 404
GIG: Going-Away Party
("!" filled circle is Main mission icon, "!" empty circle is Side "Rebel, Rebel"; All other yellow icons are GIGS listed above)

Yesterday's 1st time play GIG: Hack the Hacker Containers:
Container B
IMG_0121.JPG

This is consistent with what you have described.

Container C
IMG_0122.JPG

This Box obviously never changed rarity nor content.

Container A
IMG_0126.JPG

Unfortunately i never took a screenshot of this container (CONTAINER A in your post) content you see there in distance (that one that has the Glasses) BUT they did contain the EPIC TRENDY SAZAN sunglases .
I can confirm the contents of this container later, im currently loaded in a save of this same gig that rolled its content Legendary and i wanted to provide screenshots to that effect.

I reloaded a save I have made yesterday during my first playthrough of the GIG: Hack the Hacker , save was made after all enemies were killed and i was standing next to the Container that has the GILA shotgun.

Container B
IMG_0123.JPG

Rarity and mods changed as expected, more or less.

Container A
IMG_0124.JPG

This however did not expect them to roll Legendary, especially not on 1.11.

Container A
IMG_0125.JPG

I added this just to confirm this is the same container location from first playthrough of this gig and same as the one you mentioned in your post containing the RARE version of the glasses.
Marker the containers respectively to your prev post for least confusion.

Reconfirming again: im running the game on PS5, version 1.11 of the game.

May I ask what platform you are on? I'm on PC, patch 1.12. I really want to take a save editor to one of those saves and see why empty sockets are disappearing. There is one more thing you can do for me to confirm a hunch. Me-Thrill gives +7 armour, so based on character level and the number of visible sockets in game, you can tell what the armour should be.

For example: Using the last 2 screenshots of your previous post. Level 50 outer torso has 180 base armour. This one is legendary meaning it has 4 sockets. If you see 1 crit mod and 1 empty socket only, it means the item generated with 2x Me-Thrills (disabling 2 of the sockets), so the total armour should be 180 + 7 + 7 = 194 (well 193.9) but the game is inconsistent with how many decimal places it shows, and showing decimals when the floor or ceiling is taken.

This is the second to last screenshot you have posted. The last screenshot shows you wearing the same piece of armour with 1 socket. If this item has 3x Me-Thrills, it means the armour should be 201. Then we will know without a save editor that an empty socket turned into a Me-Thrill mod or not. If this is the case then we need to figure out the mechanics of why this is happening.

Cyberpunk containerA.png

If you are short on gigs, can you post the names of a few you have not done yet? Then I can do those gigs because I have a fairly comprehensive save library and I have access to every gig in the game for testing purposes. Its really just a question of finding the right save file. The main thing is we compare the same things, get screenshot evidence of an observed problem and reproduce it. Then we can try to understand the mechanics of why its happening, whether its platform specific etc. but the end goal will be to submit a high quality bug report (with accurate information) so the devs can fix it really fast.

When using CDPR's bug reporting system, low volume, high quality reports is best. We want their private issue tracker to have as few, high quality reports as possible. Submitting a high volume of low quality (inaccurate) reports will just result in them spending loads of time running down blind alleyways looking for solutions to problems that don't exist. Everything in the queue gets delayed and real problems take forever to fix.

I'm intend to write up a 1.12 itemization bug megathread and when that happens, it will include all the evidence you have posted here.

Yeah i was aware of the Me-Thrill = 7 armor and the other math behind how it works, i believe from previous posts of yours in a different thread where you explained it in depth.
If by confirming you mean confirming your theory then yeah i can see what i can do . Ill roll both the Jacket (A Shrine Defiled and the glasses (Hacking the Hacker) and collect armor data.

Sorry i editted my prev answer becasue i realized in the meantime what you meant.

Could you elaborate? This should not be possible.

By way of explanation, sockets are not procedurally generated so legendary weapons, outer torsos and inner torsos always have 4 sockets. Legendary head/face/pants/boots always have 3 sockets.

Epic everything always have 2 sockets. Rares always have 1 socket. Uncommon/common always have 0 sockets.

Attachment/scope slots do not count as sockets.

Socket count varies due to the presence of a mod called "Me-Thrill" which gives +7 armour and disables the socket. It has a high occurrence rate (like 50% chance to roll, or higher but seems to vary depending on player level). It is likely this mod is a quick n' dirty method of faking socket count randomization without having to track the output of a separate random function. I do not believe the developers intended for players to ever find or use it, although if you have the crafting perk which salvages mods upon dismantling items, you may have seen it in your inventory.

If Me-Thrill is socketed, there is no way for the player to interact with the socket or see it in game, so you cannot replace it with another mod. You can however use a save editor on PC to replace the mod with a different mod ID, which will re-enable the socket. As far as I am aware, this is the only way in which an item can "gain" a socket - by using a third party tool to replace a mod that disabled one of them.

I can confirm sockets re-appearing by placing a mod into a existing slot.

However, this is only valid IF the ORIGINAL item while looking at it in the container/corpse (static) has X number of sockets, AND after taking it in inventory the item now has X - 1 sockets. If the item has only 1 socket in container and ZERO in inventory you cannot reverse this since there are no sockets on it for you to place a mod on, NOR can you make the item have more sockets ( X + 1 ) than it originally had in container.

Container A - Original number of sockets : 3 (2 w/ mods equipped, 1 empty) - Id like to add that from prev observations the bottom most socket seems to be the one to disappear but ill need to further test this with different type item (Head, Lower Body)
Cyberpunk 2077_20210219004435.jpg

Item lost 1 socket upon taking it from container.

Cyberpunk 2077_20210219004450.jpg

I replaced the top most mod with a (uncommon) mod . I have tested it by replacing the bottom most (and middle for this torso item that can have 4 sockets in container, 3 in inventory), as well as with different types of mods from my inventory. Placement, rarity and type of mod yield the same result.
Cyberpunk 2077_20210219004556.jpg

3rd socket appears after i placed a mod into one of the other sockets. If you place the mod into an empty socket it will have the same result.
Cyberpunk 2077_20210219004604.jpg

Probably obvious BUT if the item while still in the container has 1 socket and upon putting it in inventory loses that socket there is no way to make THAT and a second socket re-appear since there are no sockets where you can place a mod to have the same effect as described above.

Last edited:
Just to check, all you guys that are gaining/losing sockets in this way - you are all on Playstation correct?

Just spitballing but I'm thinking this is a playstation specific UI bug? As in, the socket is there, it doesn't have a Me-Thrill mod in it (because the armour value of the item isn't changing) but for some reason, upon adding the item to your inventory, the UI and tooltip is reporting an empty socket as having no socket.

Heres another thing you can test. After you slotted in a mod to reveal the disappearing 3rd mod slot, what happens if you drop the item on the ground and pick it back up? Does the 3rd mod slot disappear again?

Last edited:
Top Bottom