Worried about no stealth

+
DAMN YOU MEATBALLS!!!!!

I agree stealth is an important part of every mission,and be a chameleon in every situation makes the gameplay more interesting and realistic, but i'm looking forwards for something more than simple stealth; a system that would allow us to resolve a mission in total different ways using our personal skills.
For example instead of just sneak in sneak out, i could call off my fixer for get a copy of the passepartour of the office ,contact a friend of a cousin for get a turn in the garbage man truck and get in unseen. Than finally i want to be able to blast everyfuckingarasaka i see, but that,is another story.

Actually you can go brutal even while sneaking but that's up taste. I'm not into complete non lethal plays either as ghosting turns soon into a quick loading and saving geocaching.

I guess I played Cyberpunk "wrong" when I was doing PnP.

Disable the security cams/sensors, sneak in, get whatever, and slinking back out; and until someone notices whatever is missing even being aware anything happened.
Achieve the desired result without the corp having a clue who I was, that is the best possible result.
Corps have LOTS of power, if they knew who you are why wouldn't they have you hunted down and disappeared?

The folks that hired me knew who I was, and how well the job was done.
That's the "flash" that matters,

Well, that and of course at the club later celebrating success.

i guess is all matter of personal preference.i'm playn again DEHR those days and i really feel frustrated getting LESS rewarded cause of my gamestyle.
My hope is,as open world, to get an open possibility how to fix and solve problems and missions,getting rewarded independently from the way we do it.
OFC if i go inside a Militech lab with a couple of solo on my back,showing my awful face around meanwhile i fire full time heavy assault rifle and throw granades like candy,well i cant really blame the game if i find a couple of av4 scouting my home for a couple of months....

yeah, lol, deus ex is hell when it comes to action. The first game has some of the worst weapons ever seen in history coupled with character skills, while human revolution suffers a little from bad energy management so you have to eat with one hand and take people down with the other whenever you feel like to go rampage.
It's meant to please old fans though, in order not to lose game content and avoid short plays

I guess I played Cyberpunk "wrong" when I was doing PnP.

It's not wrong at all, and there are obviously PC/console games in the genre which represent your playstyle as well. Deus Ex being a good example obviously. That kind of playstyle just doesn't represent, or rather ignores, the whole mentality and attitude brought forth in pretty much all of the Cyberpunk 2020 material. Even as far as gear goes, sneaky stealthy weapons, cyberware, bioware, pharmaceuticals, gadgets and such represent maybe 10% or less of all the available stuff in the books.

Also, why would we want yet another Deus Ex? I mean, I personally don't. I guess the majority does, however. Either way, what we want makes jack all difference. The game will be what it will be regardless of our personal preference. We can of course talk all day here about what we want, but that's all it'll be; talk.

I hope the gameplay-design will be well handled, if it has to be some kind of stealth missions (probably thought, as i doubt going in a building, shooting all around to steal something would be a genius idea, if wounds are as deadly as they're supposed to be.), or to use the "pickpocket" skill or to sneak inside a building.

Gameplay is very important, not to say it make the game itself, it has to be fluid, and very responsive, mostly when sneaking (even more if the AI is smart), controls have to be thinked about to make it very intuitive, because sometimes you'll need to react pretty fast, and honnestly it's funnier to die because the game is hard than because the controls are awkwards.

ye,i hate this pseudo-sneaking game where the ai have 90° of view,u can literally sit and dance on their side and they wont even notice it...

I might be worried, if I was heavily into stealth in CP2020. CDPR hasn't done a stealth game and this would be their first. It'll be their first in lots of other ways too, a solid stealth game might be asking a bit much.

Yeah it is not that I'd want to stealth all the time, but I like to have the option. I usually start with stealth but go more boom eventually.
Heck I'd rather take clumsy stealth mechanic rather than not have stealth at all.

There isn't really need for a particular stealth mechanic as stealth stuff is inherent to action elements, but i recall dev's blogging something about deus ex multiple approach

Naughty Dog did pretty well in their first stealth based game in TLoU. Doesn't seem hard to have solid stealth mechanics, I just want that feeling of taking people out one by one, planned, and premeditated. Or at least taking out multiple targets while I'm in the dark, kind of like the latest Splinter Cell. I'd also love the disguise mechanic that Fallout New Vegas and the Hitman franchise had.

Oh god. Last of Us stealth. Clumsy. Better and smarter to shoot and scoot and I playe don hardest. The zombie portions were just painful.

Don't get me wrong - they could have done worse. But, they could have done a lot better, too.

If i were to pick stealth games as examples, i'd pick the ones not having anything to do with cover systems and sneezes

Oh god. Last of Us stealth. Clumsy. Better and smarter to shoot and scoot and I playe don hardest. The zombie portions were just painful.

Don't get me wrong - they could have done worse. But, they could have done a lot better, too.

The multiplayer is better as people have smarter A.I. abilities. It's satisfying to sneak up on people and shiv them.

Having at least some form of stealth is a must imo. Like someone said it may be bias from playing DE too much but I kinda find it mandatory in a good CP game.

Top Bottom