Worries about the jackets.

+
I believe the solution will be rather simple. If nano-blades aren't mandatory, you won't be able to wear certain stuff if you have them. If you don't have extending tools, you can wear anything you like.

I believe the solution will be rather simple. If nano-blades aren't mandatory, you won't be able to wear certain stuff if you have them. If you don't have extending tools, you can wear anything you like.

Or they could just allow for multiple variants (to switch from in the equipment menu), like normal/rolled-up sleeves, shirt inside/outside the pants, vest collar up/down, etc...
--> Some cyberware should just avoid certain clothing variants and it's done. This is logical, and easy to do.
Post automatically merged:

Did some people play to APB Reloaded ?
The customization possibilities were quite impressive.

Or they could just allow for multiple variants (to switch from in the equipment menu), like normal/rolled-up sleeves, shirt inside/outside the pants, vest collar up/down, etc...
--> Some cyberware should just avoid certain clothing variants and it's done. This is logical, and easy to do.

Did some people play to APB Reloaded ?
The customization possibilities were quite impressive.
I'm yet to see that jacket (from covers and trailers) with sleeves down. But it's certainly possible.

Why woulld implant limit your choice of clothes? It's not lile you'll be able to augment yourself to the point of looking lile Robocop

The only thing I can think of, are the mantis blade implants which spring up from the wrists, thus requiring the wrist to be free of obstruction (and I thought which is why V used to have sleeves tucked up in some of the game art)
2077_female_v_full_front.png

((After second viewing, also in the cinematic trailer))
tucksleeves.jpg

But the idea that we would only be able to wear jackets seems really strange. I wonder where OT got that idea.

Last edited:
But the idea that we would only be able to wear jackets seems really strange. I wonder where OT got that idea.
Yeah it's more than just jackets. At least it was last we heard in 2019. From the everything we've heard thread (with citations).
Protection in Night City is essential. Many residents of Night City wear bulletproof clothing as they go about their lives — just in case. The only armor we have seen this far is V's Samurai Jacket. V has a total of eight clothing/item slots at her disposal. The ones that have so far been identified include shoes, pants, jackets, t-shirts and cyberdecks with software that increases our capabilities. It is unknown if other clothing items (i.e. hats or gloves) are available.

I'm just seeing this about now... and I wonder what is this for ?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized the gun also has the same kind of 4-part pie icon.... I cant think of anything it could be right now, apart from a placeholder icon just for eye candy. The icons seem identical so this might be the case.

Last edited:
What's the point of outfits you can't see? Other characters commenting on them?

you can see V wearing tank tops and t shirts. I don't think the choice will be limited by your character's gender.
1593248253763.png

What's the point of outfits you can't see? Other characters commenting on them?

Almost just like in reality. Do you see yourself like in third person or are you always near a mirror?

In a game obviously less people will react or mind you (long-term) depending on what you put on compared to reality but it's not like you have to see yourself all the time for clothing to make sense from a style or practical perspective.

-------------------

Would indeed be interesting to see how you might be able to "mix and match". In my mind I think you can to some extend as different objects will be in categories like "gloves, shirt, jacket" implying it will be possible to some extend. If this is or will be the case, the picture above means we're looking not just at one hard set but individual pieces of a set.

I don't want 80s or 90s style clothing. They should more add clothing of this decade. Can't be stuck in the 80s or 90s. Clothing changes from decade to decade.
I keep thinking about this whole 80's topic because whenever I think of Cyberpunk2077, I think about the 80's just a little bit, but now I feel like I hope the game has at least some level of 80's inspiration. Just a bit, like just the best parts. I dunno. I still want Cyberpunk2077 to be it's own special thing of course.

Almost just like in reality. Do you see yourself like in third person or are you always near a mirror?

In a game obviously less people will react or mind you (long-term) depending on what you put on compared to reality but it's not like you have to see yourself all the time for clothing to make sense from a style or practical perspective.

-------------------

Would indeed be interesting to see how you might be able to "mix and match". In my mind I think you can to some extend as different objects will be in categories like "gloves, shirt, jacket" implying it will be possible to some extend. If this is or will be the case, the picture above means we're looking not just at one hard set but individual pieces of a set.

I just hope that no matter what that we will be able to equip the best stat armor/clothing "underneath" and equip the best visually appealing clothing/armor "over" on top. I want my V to look really good, but a lot of video games usually make the best stat items look horrible, so I am very scared about this.

If I can equip the best stat items, but hidden, and then choose which items I want V to LOOK like they are wearing, that would be so cool, because then I wouldn't have to suffer between choosing to look bad with good stats, or having terrible stats and looking good.

-------------------

In reality other people see your appearance and form an opinion on it, in reality you can feel what you're wearing, if it's hot or cold, comfortable or not, the texture and details, etc...In reality you can see your body from the chest down rather than just hands or in the case of fancy athletic maneuvers: legs. In Morrowind there was a very rudimentary system of NPCs commenting on what kind of clothing or armor your character had equipped, in some games certain outfits let you pass for a certain group or faction which can make NPCs friendly or hostile. If there are systems like that in the game then having different outfits makes sense. If not, there's no point. You don't see the character 99% of the time or more so you can imagine they're wearing whatever you like.

In reality other people see your appearance and form an opinion on it, in reality you can feel what you're wearing, if it's hot or cold, comfortable or not, the texture and details, etc...In reality you can see your body from the chest down rather than just hands or in the case of fancy athletic maneuvers: legs. In Morrowind there was a very rudimentary system of NPCs commenting on what kind of clothing or armor your character had equipped, in some games certain outfits let you pass for a certain group or faction which can make NPCs friendly or hostile. If there are systems like that in the game then having different outfits makes sense. If not, there's no point. You don't see the character 99% of the time or more so you can imagine they're wearing whatever you like.
That's really interesting but I could not possibly disagree more, of course in the most polite way possible. The more customization I have access to, the more immersed I am in the game. It's just more fun with no drawbacks at all. Everyone who doesn't like or care about customization have the total freedom to completely ignore it as well, unless of course it matters and has some kind of effect, in which case they can specifically choose to have fun with that in any situations in the game that call for it, but really, huge customization = win win for everyone. I'm just thinking, at some point in the game, I going to see some clothing or armor and go "WHOA, this is the coolest armor/clothes in the entire game.... I want my V wearing that" and then eventually find a way to get it and get a huge psychological boost of enjoyment knowing my V is walking around looking on the outside the way I feel on the inside. You know what I mean? So cool!

Top Bottom