Worries For Character Creation

+
So I'm kinda worried character customization won't be as extensive as I initially thought, and we won't be able to make a truly unique V. Apparently it's all presets that we can't tweak and there's only ten options for each feature? Are they still working on it?

As far as we know there are, and will be, no sliders if that's what you mean by customization.

Yeah that's kinda disappointing :x
Yes, no, maybe.
With two genders, multiple ethnic basic looks, 10ish options per facial feature, a certain amount of basic body tweaking (doubt you can make "Fat Albert"); then add the cyberware I doubt you have to much trouble making a character you like.

Can you make your character look exactly like Angelina Jolie? Probably not.

Last edited:
While I don't expect to have a "seamless" Char editor with sliders and whatnot allowing you to theoretically craft hundreds or thousands of different looks, I also hope to see more than just a few presets like in the Division (1) or so. I guess CP2077 will already provide more than that and if you can customize each "preset" further with a "sufficient amount of options", then it should be fine.

Honestly, I'd rather have 10 well made presets for a bunch of features, that all mesh well with eachother, than a bunch of sliders that will either require a dozen hours to get "right", or will make my character look like a failed genetic experiment the moment I touch them.

I hope the game has a robust character creation like Saints Row 3/4
Sliders are not necessary if the game has beautiful face options and lots of customization options..

As I imagine my character:
Glowing Galaxy Techhair
Glowing Tattoos
Purple eyes
Transparent coat (Able to see the tattoos glowing through the coat) or coat with purple LEDs
Sem título.png
tec.png
Sem título.png

Coats transparent and luminous... I BEG CD Projekt :cry:
luminoss.png

I hope it's possible to wear Neokitsch style clothes.
k.png

Last edited:
Given we will be spending the majority of our time with this game in the first person perspective, I'm not too fussed with a slightly less than extensive range of options for the Character creation feature. Being able to customise our vehicles would be higher on my list of priorities, tbh.

Honestly, I'd rather have 10 well made presets for a bunch of features, that all mesh well with eachother, than a bunch of sliders that will either require a dozen hours to get "right", or will make my character look like a failed genetic experiment the moment I touch them.
This is very true!
Given we will be spending the majority of our time with this game in the first person perspective, I'm not too fussed with a slightly less than extensive range of options for the Character creation feature. Being able to customise our vehicles would be higher on my list of priorities, tbh.
I would also like to customize vehicles and maybe even our weapons! I want a hot pink car with neon blue headlights :love: hot pink pistols too lol

It's always been said that the character creation will be simple but have multiple options, and I tell you that it has certain advantages that we may not think first, like when we have a fixed shape it makes it easier to develop interaction moves set (IDK if we call this like that), and clothing development is way easier ad adapts perfectly to all the characters. There may be even more advantages but I was just responding quickly on that topic, and worry not I'm sure that we'll be able to make cool chars, ne doubt (or I will protest on this forum hehe).

I don't really see advantages in a simple character creation, well except for the most obvious one, that it doesn't take as much work. While I don't think I would mind it much, I can understand anyone who is disappointed, on one hand from the perspective of the Pen and Paper RPG. It's always bad to be way behind the basis. On the other hand from the perspective of the year we are in. It's 2019 and there are tons of different games now with amazing character creators, be it Souls Calibur, Saints Row or EVE Online. Sure, CDPR has no experience in character creation but the medium has this experience and every time I see a very basic character creator I role my eyes, simply because by now there is no excuse anymore to make it that basic as long as you aren't a 20 person team and even then it's always embarassing when you have something like 16 pre-defined colors instead of a spectrum, because it's literally no work to include that.

Yeah that's kinda disappointing :x

Not entirely. I've played many games where the slider options are actually quite limited, and you end up making just minor variations of the same face. UFC undisputed 3 springs to mind.

I do not mind the preset system, as long as there are enough options to choose from (usually around 20 needed imo)

I don't really see advantages in a simple character creation, well except for the most obvious one, that it doesn't take as much work. While I don't think I would mind it much, I can understand anyone who is disappointed, on one hand from the perspective of the Pen and Paper RPG. It's always bad to be way behind the basis. On the other hand from the perspective of the year we are in. It's 2019 and there are tons of different games now with amazing character creators, be it Souls Calibur, Saints Row or EVE Online. Sure, CDPR has no experience in character creation but the medium has this experience and every time I see a very basic character creator I role my eyes, simply because by now there is no excuse anymore to make it that basic as long as you aren't a 20 person team and even then it's always embarassing when you have something like 16 pre-defined colors instead of a spectrum, because it's literally no work to include that.

Sure thing ! Everyone is welcomed to address their opinions about the game development, it's the main goal of this forum :howdy:

My concern about having too much sliders in custom options in games is that they're sometimes poorly executed, so they make either no big difference, or it leads to hilarious extremes, not even human-like proportions. And I my point was that I prefer less options for that matter.

But perhaps CDPR will beef up the custom options, I mean it's not too late for that and I'll be more than happy to have more options, maybe a slider or two for the corpulence or more presets for the face, etc. It would be for the better.

I agree that sometimes custom options are poorly executed, with the result that you have a character that either just doesn't look too well or is downright breaking the animation. It doesn't always have to be a poorly execution though, maybe the developer wants to give you the option for inhuman-like proportions, I mean why not? Sure it may look stupid and not fitting for the game but at least you are responsible, since you are the one who put the slider at that position. Less options can be as same as poorly executed than more, it's not like the poorly execution comes with the amount but rather the lack of interest/time/workforce.

So I'm kinda worried character customization won't be as extensive as I initially thought, and we won't be able to make a truly unique V. Apparently it's all presets that we can't tweak and there's only ten options for each feature? Are they still working on it?
I'm also worried about this and I made a giant wishlist/hopes thread on the Gog cyberpunk2077 forums about it, and then I linked it in the DREAM RPG suggestions thread here. I'm glad I'm not the only one who cares a lot about MASSIVE customization and character freedom. So cool :D

Sure thing ! Everyone is welcomed to address their opinions about the game development, it's the main goal of this forum :howdy:

My concern about having too much sliders in custom options in games is that they're sometimes poorly executed, so they make either no big difference, or it leads to hilarious extremes, not even human-like proportions. And I my point was that I prefer less options for that matter.

But perhaps CDPR will beef up the custom options, I mean it's not too late for that and I'll be more than happy to have more options, maybe a slider or two for the corpulence or more presets for the face, etc. It would be for the better.

Not only that, but your character might look weird in cutscenes, especially when they are talking. This happened in Fallout 4, where using sliders really messed up the facial expressions and mouth movement when talking.

I prefer sliders myself but at least with presets I won't have to restart and rewatch the goddamn intro of the game 20 times because I can't get my character's nose right haha

Top Bottom