Worries For Character Creation

+
Fallout 4 had good CC. I was expecting customizable options like Saints Row TT or 4. Now I'm hoping for AT LEAST Skyrim CC but if it has even less options to customize and less presets... I don't want to think about it.

Fallout 4 had good CC. I was expecting customizable options like Saints Row TT or 4. Now I'm hoping for AT LEAST Skyrim CC but if it has even less options to customize and less presets... I don't want to think about it.
I honestly disagree. No offense but I feel that all of those games had awful customization. Not even close to being good enough. I'm just being honest. No offense. Just my opinion. I was painfully dissatisfied. :(

I honestly disagree. No offense but I feel that all of those games had awful customization. Not even close to being good enough. I'm just being honest. No offense. Just my opinion. I was painfully dissatisfied. :(

Even Fallout 4? If we are talking just about face customization... Saints Row had more customizable options, things to customize (voice, body, fat, muscles) and I would say in terms of options it might be close to what Cyberpunk will have. And yeah, I agree with Skyrim. It doesn't have great CC and for me it's impossible to create some usable face there. There's always something bothering me but without mods it's unfixable. That's why I'm hoping at least for something like Skyrim CC.

I could talk about Black Desert Online CC but that would be too much.

Even Fallout 4? If we are talking just about face customization... Saints Row had more customizable options, things to customize (voice, body, fat, muscles) and I would say in terms of options it might be close to what Cyberpunk will have. And yeah, I agree with Skyrim. It doesn't have great CC and for me it's impossible to create some usable face there. There's always something bothering me but without mods it's unfixable. That's why I'm hoping at least for something like Skyrim CC.

I could talk about Black Desert Online CC but that would be too much.
Well even for me, Even if I combined all the best customization features of all the games you mentioned into one, I still feel that they would be painfully lacking, but that's besides the fact that those customization features were very poorly implemented. Saints row had some things, but it was too goofy and silly and unrealistic to the point it didn't even take itself seriously. If it had taken itself seriously, maybe it would have appeared better, but still, from the very few videos and screenshots of Cyberpunk2077 on the internet right now, I feel like they are doing somewhat better than any other game has ever done so far, so I'm very hyped and excited, but I still worry enough to emphasis to CDProjektRed that I need more, Not in a selfish way, but I want it to be to the greatest potential. Examples I included in my suggestion post in the RPG DREAM thread (CDProjektRed suggestions thread) (linked in my signature) talks about some of the things I'm concerned about (also other people who had added to that list of suggestions that I combined in, since it was a part of a different thread on different forums to begin with (Gog.com Forums) )

Well even for me, Even if I combined all the best customization features of all the games you mentioned into one, I still feel that they would be painfully lacking, but that's besides the fact that those customization features were very poorly implemented. Saints row had some things, but it was too goofy and silly and unrealistic to the point it didn't even take itself seriously. If it had taken itself seriously, maybe it would have appeared better, but still, from the very few videos and screenshots of Cyberpunk2077 on the internet right now, I feel like they are doing somewhat better than any other game has ever done so far, so I'm very hyped and excited, but I still worry enough to emphasis to CDProjektRed that I need more, Not in a selfish way, but I want it to be to the greatest potential. Examples I included in my suggestion post in the RPG DREAM thread (CDProjektRed suggestions thread) (linked in my signature) talks about some of the things I'm concerned about (also other people who had added to that list of suggestions that I combined in, since it was a part of a different thread on different forums to begin with (Gog.com Forums) )

lol what? Even BDO isn't enough for you? Which game satisfied your Character creator needs?

lol what? Even BDO isn't enough for you? Which game satisfied your Character creator needs?
In my honest opinion, it looks fake and creepy like the sims or mass effect (2 and beyond), and most of the options are Large and generalized presets, instead of being individual very small presets of a larger whole customization area or body. I don't like how there are not enough options to change very small things, but many options to change large things that cover everything, which means there is very little fine detail control. I like what I saw so far of CyberPunk2077 because there DOES seem to be many very small presets on that 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 type slider systems that are all their own individual small preset, and there seem to be many of those numbered slider lines as well, meaning a large variety of very small precise fine control preset options. This way, I can control every little detail of my character individually. I like this a lot. I hope they go much further though. :) I explain a lot more about what I'm hoping for in the suggestion post in the RPG dream thread (in my signature)

Last edited:
We shall see what the situation is in 4-5 months time.

You never know what may be changed leading up to release day.

Well, it's a topic about "worries", so there is no point in waiting that those "worries" come true to react, cause at that time it's already too late.

Saints row had some things, but it was too goofy and silly and unrealistic to the point it didn't even take itself seriously. If it had taken itself seriously, maybe it would have appeared better, <clip>
I think the whole point of Saints Row is to poke fun at video games, gamers, developers, tropes, publishers, reviewers, etc. etc. etc.

Guest 4149880

A lot of RPGs don't have extensive facial animations as I would expect from 2077. SO I could kind of understand why you wouldn't be able to completely morph your characters face.

And while 2077 is a FPP game, there will be times you will have scene from outside your characters perspective so it will be of more importance to have quality and smooth facial animations than less so for the sake of a vast variety of looks.

And before anyone mentions Mass Effect, it was just straight awkward, and on top of that, the voices never matched the looks unless you go with the default presets. If CDPR and implement quality looks with voices to match then I'm cool with that.

I get the feeling that people not in favor of sliders but rather presets are the people who didn't like spending much time in character creation and rushed thru it, while people in favor of sliders are the type who enjoy spending time in character creation getting the character "just right". If I rushed thru character creation and my character came out looking like an extra from The Hills Have Eyes, I'd be in favor of presets as well.

I get the feeling that people not in favor of sliders but rather presets are the people who didn't like spending much time in character creation and rushed thru it, while people in favor of sliders are the type who enjoy spending time in character creation getting the character "just right". If I rushed thru character creation and my character came out looking like an extra from The Hills Have Eyes, I'd be in favor of presets as well.
Actually it's totally the opposite. I (and a lot of people like me) spent a lot of time playing video games like the sims, or the mass effect series, and even skryim, and probably some others I can't remember right now. We always put a very large amount of effort, 5 hours + into our character creating portion of the game to try so desperately hard to get it juuuuust right, but for some reason developers in those games didn't really implement the sliders very well, and the end result of the character was always very "offputting" like from one angle you would see them like "oh okay" and then they would turn or go into different lighting and you would see the character and scream and restart the game and go back to the editor as fast as possible, spend several hours more trying to get it right and solve whatever caused it to look that way, and then basically try again and get the same result in a different way. At this point, I'm very interested in a large variety of very small precise presets that allow me to control large amounts of very small details individually and independent of the other presets, because of how much I car about character creation and large amounts of customization freedom. I like that there are lines 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 (options)
and then there are multiple sets of those numbered lines, meaning that there's lots of options in each category. I really like that a lot, and it basically sets me up for success because I know that those options were all made to look good on their own at the very least. Each option, Each preset, does one thing and does it very good. I hope this helps. :)

Or maybe Some of us just aren`t very good at CC and end up with hideous swamp creatures :giggle: If i want a really good face i`ll ask my Daughter ( who plays a lot of the Sims ) to help me .

my concern is the possibility of clothing clipping with one another.
Can't bother you if you can't see it.

Can't bother you if you can't see it.

Genius, Fully naked playthrough. I will be the shadow in the night, the darkness that stops evil and crime in it's tracks, the sound that bad guys hear behind them that makes them worry or something, I'm.... THE NAKED SAMURAI :cool:
Post automatically merged:

Or maybe Some of us just aren`t very good at CC and end up with hideous swamp creatures :giggle: If i want a really good face i`ll ask my Daughter ( who plays a lot of the Sims ) to help me .
I have seen many highly artistic and skilled people try for hours and still fail to make characters look good in skyrim or mass effect series, so Don't blame your Daughter if it still ends up funny :LOL:

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

We always put a very large amount of effort, 5 hours + into our character creating portion of the game to try so desperately hard to get it juuuuust right, but for some reason developers in those games didn't really implement the sliders very well, and the end result of the character was always very "offputting" like from one angle you would see them like "oh okay" and then they would turn or go into different lighting and you would see the character and scream and restart the game and go back to the editor as fast as possible, spend several hours more trying to get it right and solve whatever caused it to look that way, and then basically try again and get the same result in a different way.
Ugly Shepard = the best Shepard, you guys don't know what you've been missing.
But seriously, it's not that difficult and wouldn't be revolutionary to have a CC with presets and a lot of sliders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugly Shepard = the best Shepard, you guys don't know what you've been missing.
But seriously, it's not that difficult and wouldn't be revolutionary to have a CC with presets and a lot of sliders.
To be totally honest, I would really rather CDProjektRed put more effort into way more preset options and categories and more customization than to implement a slider, since sliders have never made me happy in any game. I love what they're going for with the multiple preset numbered lines and multiple of those lines and categories so far and I am desperate for even more. I love that. Peace :)

Top Bottom