Worst Cards

+
Worst Cards

What are the worst cards in the game? Not like annoying, but just generally bad. I'll start:

Ceallach, he's just so bad and situational. Sure he's eight strength but he only pulls two BRONZE spies back and he's a silver card. Imagine if he could pull a silver spy like Fake Ciri, Cantarella or Joachim. That would be much better imo.

Ceallach actually creates solid 16 power, if he pulls you two spies. His problem is more likely some anti-synergies with Nauzica Brigade, Guards etc. and the fact that NG has sooo many better Silvers.

My pick would be Prince Stennis. Even in a dedicated machine deck, it is hard to imagine that his power can exceed 12.... dunno how to improve him though. Maybe make his ability also proc on deploy like Vran Warrior (?).

I think you're supposed to play Ceallach with Fringila. On his own he's not that great unless you can position your spies so that your opponent includes them in his buffs. I think what he needs is a new special card that buffs two adjacent units for a bit more synergy. Thunderbolt potion kinda works but you're wasting 4 points. That way you could use your two spies to create igni targets reliably on the row (the neighboring unit, not the spies!) and get your points back afterwards.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I swear i was actually gonna create this topic now! (well, not exactly the same, but the Worst Gold Cards)

In the Closed Beta, i couldnt get enough Legendaries, they had awesome effects and i always wanted that other one. But now, its been like a month or so (i genuinely forgot when the OB came) and almost all of the Legendaries seem bad! Well, except for Nilfgaard ones, but i dont want to play that faction that most people are using...

So here are the Gold Cards i think are the worst - if you disagree please let me know how that card could be useful, i really wanna know):

(NR)
Priscilla - she was one of the best silvers in CB. Now she's a Gold but her effect is way worse? Wth? Havent seen a single soul using her.
Bloody Baron - another card that was super popular. Seen a post not so long ago stating how much it sucks now, and it seems to be the case.
Keira - oh my sweet Keira. she used to be terrible when first released. Then got a little better, and i used her when her effect was that renewing shields every 2 turns. But now, she has one of those 'spawn one of 3 possible bronze special cards', which is used on silver cards on most factions. A gold deserves better, how about spawn silver specials at least?

(SK)
Vabjorn - one of the new cards. I saw everyone bashing it but it seemed interesting to me, that likes to play Harald. I thought of it basically as an executioner - if it was low on points, it killed it. But yesterday i read the description better - it only destroys DAMAGED enemies. Well, that wont work on medics, foglets, harpy eggs and many others like i had planned. So yeah its probably the worst SK gold...

(SC)
Schirru - ok this one is not so bad, its 10 gold points and a scorch, but it sucks that you are basically yelling to your enemy "hey i got a scorch now". Its the opposite of what it used to be, a trap scorch.

(MO)
Draug - didnt see him a lot before. Seen him a few times now, but 7 pts, and 6 damage seems really weak, specially compared to some really great MO golds.

(NG)
Rainfarn - not sure about this one, but it's only 4 points and just plays a spy unit of choice from deck? Seems like a weak effect for a gold...

Lol I actually didn't think about the Fringilla combo!

Prince Stennis does suck though. Maybe he could have Crewmen: 2?

I was actually thinking of running Rainfarn in my spy deck since I currently use Menno.

I had the exact same reaction to Vabjorn, he's really weak for a gold card. Birna Bran works better than her in an Axeman deck tbh :)

Bloody Baron is actually not that horrible anymore. I got rekt today by a round 3 17 power bloody baron. You can force a long round 1 or 2 to get him to high power. He's obviously bad against decks with only a few units(Spell'tael)

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
OG.laloquaint;n8909930 said:
I was actually thinking of running Rainfarn in my spy deck since I currently use Menno.

I had the exact same reaction to Vabjorn, he's really weak for a gold card. Birna Bran works better than her in an Axeman deck tbh :)

Well, together with Menno, Rainfarn could actually be useful, not sure how many silver spies NG has now. Cantarella, the horserider one, any else? Fake Ciri doesnt count as you dont want to destroy her.

And yeah, i got Birna on a Keg and she's pretty awesome, even without capitalizing on the stealing from enemy GY effect, she basically damages up to 20 points and vanishes, i just throw her on a row with 2 decent point enemies, just have to make sure the round wont end when i play her.

Another SK card that seemed bad at first but is actually pretty good is 'Wild Boar of the Sea'. I dont have it yet, but from what i could understand, you dont have to put units on either side, you can put only on the strengthening side and the effect happens right? (ofc sometimes the self-damage is useful too)

ImKingFlippyNips;n8910070 said:
roach. 4 power silver card that can be used only once when you play a gold card. its so annoying too, i love the art for the premium card, but there are so many better silver cards to choose from.

Roach got nerfed in this patch because it was too good before. It's not as good anymore, but it's far from being one of the worst cards in the game.

Being an Ambassador for monsters..

I run Draug now. Never used him in cb regularly.
but for some reason I find him pretty useful..is he the best? No..but he's ok.

at this point even though shadow is an ok card.
I feel it's the worst in the deck..but that's just my opinion

*edit

that's kinda harsh.. it's a good card..it's just sometimes hard to get 2 c.harpys in the same hand to maximize it's deathwish

Last edited:
Firekangaroo;n8910170 said:
Roach got nerfed in this patch because it was too good before. It's not as good anymore, but it's far from being one of the worst cards in the game.

before this patch it was a 5 power card, not really much of a difference. in the closed beta it wasnt restricted to being played from your deck, it would still pop up after it had been removed and you played another gold card. tell me a silver card that more useless now then roach?

Last edited:
ImKingFlippyNips;n8910470 said:
before this patch it was a 5 power card, not really much of a difference. in the closed beta it wasnt restricted to being played from your deck, it would still pop up after it had been removed and you played another gold card. tell me a silver card that more useless now then roach?

Roach gets played from your deck, so it is a great neutral that allows deck thinning for decks that otherwise lack it to get the right cards later in the game.
You can't really compare roach to other silvers since there is no other silver that gets played when you play an other card from your hand. Roach is a good tempo play, thins your deck and has awesome artwork. It's hard to fit roach on some decks that need certain silvers.

Last edited:
In monsters i can think of shadow, draug, manticore and old speartip.
NR golds are the weakest in the game. And are like that since CB. In closed beta most NR players ran neutral gold cards . Yennefer, ciri, Gigni, conjurer etc.

Yeah same here, I never ever use Roach in any of my decks. He just never quite fits in mine.
Draug does seem kinda weak too tbh.

OG.laloquaint;n8909910 said:
Lol I actually didn't think about the Fringilla combo!
I tried it. That is fun sometimes but opponents usually pass the moment you actually give them extra power. There is no point in them playing any other card. That is why when you play Ceallah afterwards this is CA for the opponent. Well, though idea is interesting I did not like it in practice.

I must say queensguard simply because I mainly play monsters with caretaker and succubus. I usually end up with more QGs than my opponent and almost any build using QG is built around them.

gold wise, Vabjorn HAS to be the worst gold in the game atm,
silvers, i think restore is really, REALLY, terrible. Shadow is also terrible, but that's more because there are not enough deathwish units rather than him being weak

Top Bottom