Worst Gold Cards - Poll

+

Worst Gold Cards - Poll

• Total voters

DRK3

Forum veteran
Tschjo;n10860741 said:
Why is Blaze on this list??? The card is really quite good i used it for a good amount of time. Its not a must include card sure but its nowhere near bad either. If she just had about 15 power the card would be amazing

The problem with Blaze is that it doesnt really synergize with any cards - like, if it discarded instead of banishing the hand, it would go really well with Sk Discard, but like it is now, the only 2 ways to actually get some value out of it are:
-NG, use Alba Spearmen to get lots of buffs for all the cards drawn
-SC, use Mulligan cards to get all the good ones out of your hand then play Blaze for some great thinning

But honestly, both of those strategies arent as effective as NG Mill or SC "regular" mulligan.

DRK3;n10860001 said:
Gotta disagree, specially with Yennefer: Conjurer. She's not as effective as Triss Butterfly, as Triss Butterfly relies on your deck building, but Triss Butt is usually immediately removed, while Yen Con isnt - being 10 pts make it outside of Alzurs Thunder range, which allows you to heal / strengthen it if damaged, and in a long round can be super deadly, or at least will put a lot of pressure on the opponent who cant leave his highest units for last or his entire board will be reduced to a low equal value.
For me the latest buff destroyed the card. When it was 9 points I used it in my Foltest deck as a long round card. Now with 10 points +1 from Foltest she is far too easy to scorch, in particular as I run Scorch myself. Having her at 7 points+3 armor would have been a lot better.

The worst gold card in my opinion is Vernon. Even if he is succesfull he generates hardly more points than the silver locks, which are mostly useless already.

Last edited:
DRK3;n10861281 said:
The problem with Blaze is that it doesnt really synergize with any cards - like, if it discarded instead of banishing the hand, it would go really well with Sk Discard, but like it is now, the only 2 ways to actually get some value out of it are:
-NG, use Alba Spearmen to get lots of buffs for all the cards drawn
-SC, use Mulligan cards to get all the good ones out of your hand then play Blaze for some great thinning

But honestly, both of those strategies arent as effective as NG Mill or SC "regular" mulligan.

Nah she synergizes greatly with NR cards since they are very situational and you tend to add a lot of bricks to your deck just because if they work they are very good. Cards like adept frost blue stripe dun banner and even sabrinas specter come to mind. So i used her in my cursed shupe builds and its a great card in those cause she can turn all those bricks into real gas while also giving you access to your great cards. I only recently cut her since the deck struggle against some archetypes where gigni rolls free wins.
Not every faction has high value cards and those who prey on synergy like NR does love effects like this.
Old example list pre horn nerf
fetch.jpg

DRK3

Forum veteran
Tschjo Did you play Blaze early when you still have 8+ cards in hand? I can see Blaze working when you only have like 3-4 cards in hand and you already played the good ones, but i still dont see how it helps when you have a full hand.

And specially on a 25c deck. On those huge 40c decks i can see how the great thinning Blaze does can be helpful, but then you wouldnt be able to use the silver vampire drain guy at the end.

DRK3 Yeah just like you thought late play with a small amount of cards left that arent worth playing since they are super situational. I dont really think about blaze beeing a deck thinning card its more of a card resycle card. You get to exhange trash cards for something new and worthwile enabling you to pack more situational cards into your deck and then getting to play those who are good. I dont know why anyone would ever want to play her when having a full hand thats like playing viper witchers without having units to target imo ^^

The 40 card decks usually dont quite want this effect. They are build on synergy not build on situational cards cause obviously playing 40 situational cards is not a good idea thus they play 40 cards that are better when beeing played with a lot of other cards.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Tschjo;n10871091 said:
DRK3 (...)
I dont know why anyone would ever want to play her when having a full hand thats like playing viper witchers without having units to target imo ^^

I got Blaze on the very day it came out (just my luck), and tried to create a deck around it - i used NG, built basically a mill deck, but it wasnt meant to mill the opponent but to buff the 3x Alba Spearmen like crazy. If i played Blaze with 10 cards in hand, that would be 10 pts buff for each Alba Spearman on board, then Adrenaline Rush them since they also get buffed byR2 and R3 draws and mulligans.

Sihil is a great card, people never expect it. I had it in my axemen deck and it was great especially when everyone and their grandma was playing elves swarm. I never felt like I needed to swap it for any other gold card so leave Sihil alone pls XD

DRK3

Forum veteran
In honor, of "the people's choice" for the worst gold card - Vernon: Merciless, i decided to leave it for last...

Tonight, after 16 months of Gwent and 900 hours, i finally got a FULL COLLECTION! (all cards in either standard or premium, and 3x of every bronze)

Damn, now i dont know if i should stop opening kegs and save a massive amount for Thronebreaker, doesnt make sense opening Kegs just for a slim chance of a possible Premium Gold (which could even be a dupe...)

So much salt because they didnt guess the right number with Gaunter. Its a great and fun card to play at Arena, but I agree that its too random to put into a good deck, for ranked play.

Roche is useless because too few people play ambushes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom