Worst looking armor you've found?

+
I like the coat... but who's the emo kid wearing it?

;D

Yes but back then... there weren't Witchers. This is a fantasy game and while the clothing should fit the era, the Witcher wore gear that would best be described as Hunter gear. In the books actually describe in great detail the armor of a Witcher.

So the era clothing maybe correct for people, but Witchers wouldn't be wearing that stuff. They've clearly expressed how they feel about those clothes in the game.

Leather jacket - Check
Bandolier with potions/pouches - Check
Sword sheathes strapped to bandolier - Check
Silver studs - Check

So, are there any armor with skirts still? Just got to Skellige and haven't seen any so far.

I found what looks like Charlie Sheen's nutrag in Skellige... it had good stats (probably from all that tiger's blood) and the sight of it was so hideous a Drowner actually ran away from me. Might have been a glitch cause there were a lot of trees but I wouldn't blame him either way.

Sadly I saved that game to take a screenshot later but it was backed up on a save file before the patch and I need internet access in order to take the screen shots because consoles suck. If you want a better description of it, imagine a Christmas sweater made by a blind person who only had the colors brown and red.

I just had to share this, so I found some decent low level pieces of gear that I'm wearing completely based on stats.

Spikeroog Aketon armor: gray with white patterns and red yarn coming out of it with a stripped beige and white skirt. The baby blue Assassin Trousers and gold boots don't help, I know but this is best I've found so far.

Tell me I don't look like Raggedy Andy....

Got armor that looks worse than this? Post it!
what boot is that?i like that it actually covers the knee unlike the executioner boot where the knee protections hangs way below where the knee is. although, it's not very realistic, that knee part is supposed to be attached to a thigh section.

the ugliest armor is the first armor, imho

---------- Updated at 07:36 PM ----------

Every armor which gives Geralt a belly is a bad armor.

i don't think you understand how fabric or fabric based armor work. padded material has volume. it's not supposed to be skin tight. most of the armor in this game aren't "fat" enough. and the ban ard plate they specifically make the belly area smaller and slimmer. that totally killed it.

what boot is that?i like that it actually covers the knee unlike the executioner boot where the knee protections hangs way below where the knee is. although, it's not very realistic, that knee part is supposed to be attached to a thigh section.

the ugliest armor is the first armor, imho

It's the Alder Folk Boots, I actually left it highlighted in the picture in case anyone wanted to know. They're good boots with really good stats. 2 slots Igni intensity, damage res on bludge/pierce/slashmonster/elemental. I don't mind they way they look, solid gold boots are pimp. Only problem is they do not go good with baby blue pants and beige/white skirt.

They can be hard to find but it's directly south of Crow's Perch in Novigrad in a cave behind rocks you must use Aard on along with enchanced Griffin gloves.

Attachments

• boots.jpg
    boots.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 185
Lvl 14 and my armor is all over the place.... I look like a bad fashion victim lol. Best armor that I had so far was the starting armor! Sexy!

It's the Alder Folk Boots, I actually left it highlighted in the picture in case anyone wanted to know. They're good boots with really good stats. 2 slots Igni intensity, damage res on bludge/pierce/slashmonster/elemental. I don't mind they way they look, solid gold boots are pimp. Only problem is they do not go good with baby blue pants and beige/white skirt.

They can be hard to find but it's directly south of Crow's Perch in Novigrad in a cave behind rocks you must use Aard on along with enchanced Griffin gloves.

it's not solid gold, gold is very malleable metal and has a bright color. that looks like a coat of brone.

it's not solid gold, gold is very malleable metal and has a bright color. that looks like a coat of brone.

In game they are bright and reflect the sunlight. Their color is gold, not saying they're actually made of gold. You going to correct me after pulling up a map and showing you where they are? Geez.

Any idea if we can find dandelions armor somewhere? I think that would fit as the worst looking armor for a witcher.

i just had to share this, so i found some decent low level pieces of gear that i'm wearing completely based on stats.

Spikeroog aketon armor: Gray with white patterns and red yarn coming out of it with a stripped beige and white skirt. The baby blue assassin trousers and gold boots don't help, i know but this is best i've found so far.

Tell me i don't look like raggedy andy....

got armor that looks worse than this? Post it!
haha

While I wasn't really trying to insult the game with this post, I can't help but notice the low quality gear from TW2 look like the Mastercrafted gear in TW3.

There's a ton of great things about this game... armor just isn't one, not until you get near end game.

the new armors are much better. the witcher 2 armors all look like sports jackets. the best armors from witcher 2 (kaedweni gambeson and similar) tend to look like the medium to light armor in witcher 3. i think it was a right choice.

the new armors are much better. the witcher 2 armors all look like sports jackets. the best armors from witcher 2 (kaedweni gambeson and similar) tend to look like the medium to light armor in witcher 3. i think it was a right choice.

If you were playing as a knight or a foot-soldier, then yes, TW3 would have good choices. However in this game we play as a mutated assassin who relies on his speed as much as on his power, so TW2 armor was perfect. Therefore any plate-armor including stuff should be thrown away the second it's seen or carried over to the closes merchant and sold for whatever price he offers.

Considering Geralt usually fights monsters by dodging them and he needs a lot of freedom of movement, I'd say a sports jacket is actually ideal clothing for him. Plus, he does dabble in Chainmail in combination with his leather as seen in the Kaer Mohren armor, although that's more of a skinsuit with shoulderpads. Still though, the Oathbreaker is a great example of a hybrid design

The Temerian Armor as well, though I don't have a good shot of that, uses a similar style. And let's not forget about that fan favorite, scalemail masterpiece of style, the Vran Armor:

Really?

This is literally called Leather Jacket... looks pretty nice. It's one of the cheapest, weakest and earliest pieces you get.

Hoodless Kayran Armor... looks damn sexy

Chrissr posted my favorite. That little book with the symbols on it and the design is beautiful. Actually here's all the armor in the game. They all look nice aside from Quilted and Blue Stripped Jacket. And yes he wears leather, it's typical Witcher armor because they prefer to be lighter on their feet.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2_armor

Attachments

• lightleather.jpg
    lightleather.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 468
  • HoodlessKayranArmor.jpg
    HoodlessKayranArmor.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 2,094
Top Bottom