Worst performing/ buggiest game I can remember playing.

+
50 hours into the game, level 15, overwhelmed by bugs.

PC
Windows 8.1
Alienware 18, gtx880m SLI total memory 16 Gb
Intel i7 4910MQ
16 GB Ram memory

Just turned level 15, I started to notice a ton of bugs today. I will list them below. Anyone else has these? It seems like the game is teeming with bugs. I am not sure if it has something to do with patch 1.04, probably not.

1. FLOATING OBJECTS. Occasionally i run into barrels that instead of resting on the ground, will hover like one foot above the ground. The resting height appears to have been programmed incorrectly. (namely, the ones that explode, ran into them in witch hunters hut when trying to find a way out of it), "quest: Count Reuvens's Treasure").

2. Some features occasionally fail, whilst in game and require game restart, such as: calling the Horse or using abilities yrden, or axii,

3. Today i ran into a new bug. Occasionally, while cantering or galloping, the saddle stops moving with the horse and sort of just travels with the horse as if it is hovering above the horse. Pretty annoying.

4. Merchants with missing heads. All dressed up and head cover, but the head itself is missing, occasionally.

5. Another bug, i noticed today, i was doing one of the witcher contracts, you know the one that says, recommended level 20, in the cave, you pore lure to draw the level 20 howler to bait. Witcher contract. And then you drop into the cave to fight it. While in fight in cave, i managed to jump out of cave and escape but i ended up going back in again from the other side of cave, but something happened and i stopped taking damage, so i easily beated the monster even though it was 5 levels higher than myself.

6. Geralts hair occasionally stops moving uniformly with his head and flies paralel to head or above the head ) or when this happens, you can actually see geralt's bald or shaved head underneath.

Most of these bugs i noticed today, i dont know if something is happening with the game or what? Until today everything was mostly fine. I even turned off shadowplay to rule that out, but it couldn't have been caused by shadowplay anyway, i had it on all the time since day 1, i never got strange bugs like these before. Turned shadowplay completely off, still getting the bugs, sometimes it feels overwhelming, again, i repeat, i started to run into bugs only today. Any ideas please?

Last edited:
I've been playing since it was out.
what are you talking about ?
The ambiance is awesome, the lights, the environment are great !

Hmm, thats weird I've only had one crash (in Gwent while skipping my turn, and is a known bug) in my 150 hours of gameplay on PS4. (my ps4 isn't new, had it since release)

Might be because I've played long (10h+) sessions.

Targetting is for the weak? you mean to say you need targeting on pc? Im confused by that statement... I don't need targeting on PS4, targeting for me works just by maneuvering Geralts body to face the mob I'm trying to attack. Its been working amazingly well, I actually forgot you can target lol.

What I meant was I don't use it at all so can't comment whether it is or isn't shitty.

Overall it's one of the least bug ridden games I've played in quite a bit. Some of the graphic glitches are quite amusing too (head textures not loading on a random NPC for example)

It's the fall damage and trying to target underwater chests that pisses me off, not the bugs/glitches.

@op => I recommend re-downloading and/or reinstalling. Might work, since a lot of other PS4 users have no problems. If that doesn't work, check your PS4 with other games, maybe the problem lies there.

@op => I recommend re-downloading and/or reinstalling. Might work, since a lot of other PS4 users have no problems. If that doesn't work, check your PS4 with other games, maybe the problem lies there.

Try this. I had to do it with Da:I, was baggy and glitchy as all hell, reinstalled and ran perfectly.

Witcher 3 runs smooth on PS4. I have been playing since release and have not experienced one of your problems. I have had not one crash, freeze, fps problem, nothing! 65hours into the game.

Like someone else posted, sounds like your PS4 is gonna die or you just got real unlucky.

As for being one of the buggiest games you have played? Either you have only played 3 games or troll.

I agree same here, not one crash (Unlike alot of PC gamers are reporting all over this forum) very very little performance issues, even in the big towns, I don't get this guy, obviously a troll or something is majorly wrong with his PS4.

A reinstall may help. So far I am amazed with how great W3 runs on the PS4, not one crash, freeze or bug encountered so far in 50+ hours of play for such a HUGE world it is amazingly well put together and stable !

Funny thing is that I'm playing this on the ps4.. Only thing I've experienced is the gwent crash and occasionally some long loading that is all and I've played almost every day since release for 3+ hours. So like the fellow ps4 users said reinstall it.

Yup, as a general rule, if your version of the game appears to be extremely buggy, then it is recommended to try re-installing it. If that doesn't help, you might also want to try re-downloading the game instal files, as sometimes something goes amiss in those two processes. If those steps don't help, and you're on PC, you should really be looking at other programs that you have on your computer that are running in the background, as sometimes these cause the conflicts.

The reality is that if the product works largely smoothly on one person's PC, but works terribly on yours, and the major hardware/software specifications are the same, then the likelihood is that the problem is on your end - something that you have extra is causing a conflict/glitch, or the files are somehow a bit dodgy. As for consoles, no idea, re-installing/re-downloading seems the only real way to go. Maybe clear up your hard-drive.

I'm 40+ hours in and I've only encountered a small number of glitches. One where Triss got stuck running into a staircase, which was fixed by re-loading and moving my character in the way to force her to path somewhere better. One where Geralt's model in the inventory screen bugged out and then transferred into the main world, but quit/reload solved that problem. I get the occasional model/texture crazy happenings, such as floating items, the horse trying to clip through the world etc., but these normally re-adjust themselves no problem. Only glitch/bug I haven't been able to fix is an NPC disappearing and no being at the location they're supposed to be for a quest (Eye for an Eye). A bit annoying, but it's a side quest, so figure I'll just have to leave it be.

Overall, game works very well. Crashes have stopped since the second patch for me as well. Personally, I'm very impressed with the quality given the size of the game.

Putting Witcher 3 aside until the frames are completely fixed and the game is stable, and playable.

ALIEN, Mordor and Dragon Age need to be finished. I reckon by the time I finish ALIEN or get halfway through Mordor.. heh, who am I kidding? SONY takes forever to cert patches, by the time I finish ALIEN AND MORDOR maybe the game will be fixed. I can;t even look at Dragon Age after playing Witcher 3, so now I must suffer.

Wow, I can play just fine...
I guess people like their games running pristine, 90% of the time, all the time.

Top Bottom