Would CDPR be OK with this (Witcher Itashi)

+
Heyoo,

I don't think anyone except for maybe the forum mods or employees of CDPR can reply to this, but it's worth a shot. The question is not urgent so I don't think it's necessary to spam customer support or send any direct mail.

Due to circumstances I will have to get my driver's license. I don't have one yet because I never needed a car, public transport has helped me out perfectly. However in the future I will probably have to do a 6hour drive (which would be 10h by train) regularly. Cutting 4 hours of the trip and saving on train tickets (UK train tickets are hella expensive, atm I still live in Belgium), makes it worth the investment I think.

So now I really want to save up for an itashi car.
For the people not knowing what it is, here you go
z5zjji5xxja41.jpg

So the question is... would it be OK to make a Witcher itashi?

Getting the wrap requires artwork and getting the wrap done. Is it OK to commission artwork of Yennefer and Triss (I would do one side Yen and one side Triss).
Because basically the artist who will do this for me, will earn money on intellectual property of CDPR. If it was a 10 or 50 dollar drawing, I would not bother to ask, but we are talking about 400-1000 dollar range. The wrap itself is also another 1000-1500 dollar. So yeah it's something.

I honestly think it's innocent. Like if anything it's free exposure for CDPR (not that they need more, but I mean it's cool). But I don't want to piss off the one game company I like, because I infringed their copyright policy.

Please don't bitch about me willing to pay 3 or 4 grand on a car sticker. It are my savings, I work for it. If I want to have Triss and Yen huge on my car, I can. I always loved itasha's but I never imagined me getting a car.

So yeah that's the post.
Thanks a lot in advance <3

This is a rather novel question. I don't imagine there would be any issue; however, before you proceed, you should read through the Fan-Content Guidelines, and probably also contact CDPR, at the address listed in Section 7, to make quite certain.

Top Bottom