Would Cyberpunk play better on the FROSTBITE engine

+
I wonder if the game would performe better if it were using the frostbite engine. The division series pulls of 1080p 30fps on base PS4 with comparable environment detail. Cyberpunk can't menage that even on smaller indoors scenes. What's you guys' opinion on this? (not that they would redo the game for base consoles on a new engine to fix the bad visuals and performance)

EDIT: snowdrop (the divison) or frostbite (battlefront, etc) engines could work better

Last edited:
It's a very hypothetical question.

Judging from Anthem, it would not go better, not on PS4. The larger and more detailed the open world the more tricky it gets. It works if you can split the open-world into various smaller parts (Andromeda, Inquisition, Anthem) but even then there seem to be a lot of possible downsides. I definitely think that the RED Engine is more capable for Open World than Frostbite.

It's a very hypothetical question.

Judging from Anthem, it would not go better, not on PS4. The larger and more detailed the open world the more tricky it gets. It works if you can split the open-world into various smaller parts (Andromeda, Inquisition, Anthem) but even then there seem to be a lot of possible downsides. I definitely think that the RED Engine is more capable for Open World than Frostbite.

It's a very hypothetical for sure. I was actually thinking about the snowdrop engine on the division. That one appears to handle detail and data stream very well. The division don't have as many NPCs and massive buildings, cyberpunk don't have as much vegetation and the esthetic they're going for with lighting is not the same, but judging by the HUGE resolution/performance gap, it seems snowdrop is a more optimized/capable engine

Frostbite engine was not designed for roleplaying games like Dragon Age or Mass Effect Andromeda (which is more closer to Cyberpunk) so it wouldn't work well at all. Animation support on Frostbite Engine is very lacking, it is mainly designed for games like Battlefield.

If you are interested there is a great article about Mass Effect Andromeda mess, which touches about Frostbite engine and how it harmed the Andromeda. It can give you a very good idea.

Top Bottom