Would it kill you guys to increase the Twitch drop rate?

+
I'm not asking for tons of free stuff (I'm not a Free2Player -- which is besides the point), but don't you think the Twitch drops are a little overtuned on the stingy side?
I don't know what you set your lambda to, or whatever distribution you're using for your rng, but I have had Gwent streams left on for the past 2-3 days with nothing.

I get that they want to avoid people "abusing" the system by leaving their computer farming streams, but is that really a bad thing? Let's be real here, this is an incentive to boost twitch viewership, thus making the game more visible, which then attracts new watchers, who then become new players. It's a win-win really.

It's not like an extra 50 dust or 3 kegs will change things drastically. (Or tweak the rewards system to give smaller bonuses more frequently).
This scarcity really only punishes legitimate viewership. I mean, I think there are some good streamers, so it's not all about the drops, but if you're going to spend time actually watching, rather than playing, giving a bit more incentive would be nice (since time watching does not result in any sort of drop).

Just look at Overwatch's OWL league. They incentivize people to watch that horrible esport with their tokens, and most people just leave it on to farm the tokens so they can use them in game. In the end though, OWL gets their numbers up, and people are happy with their drops.

This is just all my gut feeling, since I don't have any internal data, and don't know what the goals the analytics team has in mind, so let this post just be one person's feelings on the matter -- it's not a major issue, but it is one that can be easily fixed by changing one number in a line of code somewhere.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
My personal opinion:
I find this topic written a little bit on emotional extortion side. I can ask you the same way, "would it kill you @KoncertMajstor if they would not increase twitch drop rate?" Unfortunately, I realize, kind of emotional extortion is everywhere in current society. I could make several examples, but some of them are related to real world politics, which is forbidden there, but at least I can mention thing like "review bombing" which is also kind of "emotional extortion".

I would like to mention, that I am personally playing Gwent exactly because CDPR are are not doing things like Blizzard. Also in my opinion, getting "army of automatic viewers" for Overwatch is approximately as useful as getting "automatic users for G+". In case you are not aware, there was period in Google policy, when they wanted to get as many users for their social network as they could get and they did really a lot for it, including "putting many things behind registered user wall". Result was, they built over time "social network full of ghosts" and they are abandoning whole project of G+ social network this year. I will not mention in detail "moral scope" of this behaviour, but "automated users" or "automated viewers" is in my opinion immoral thing.

I would also like to point out, that unlike other brands, you can get twitch drops for Gwent not only by watching Gwent itself, but you can also watch Witcher 1,2,3 or Thronebreaker. That means, you can get drops even if it is not time, which you would spend by playing Gwent instead of viewing Gwent. Maybe you would not be in "Gwent mood" and you could watch something different and you still can get drops for Gwent.

In my opinion, watching related twitch channel should not be motivated by drops as the main reason, rather drops should be "small surprise, small thank you" for doing so. It should be "by the way thing", which is on equation side of "small reward" instead of equation side of "main reason". In my opinion, having "automated viewer" watching OWL channel for drops is on equation side of "main reason".

No offense meant, I only wanted to present my opinion on this matter, which means, it can be potentially quite subjective thing.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
In my opinion, watching related twitch channel should not be motivated by drops as the main reason, rather drops should be "small surprise, small thank you" for doing so. It should be "by the way thing", which is on equation side of "small reward" instead of equation side of "main reason". In my opinion, having "automated viewer" watching OWL channel for drops is on equation side of "main reason".

"Emotional extortion" is quite the hyperbolic take on it.

If you read my post, you would see that I stated "no it would not kill me". I was outling my reasons for why it would be nice. It was not a "give me free stuff or else" post.

I've already played W1, 2, and 3, and as it's an RPG, I don't want to watch someone else playing -- my own opinion.
Thronebreaker is another single player experience that I want to experience on my own.

Gwent is competitive, and is the game I'm watching to get another player's perspective on. So my whole point was, if they're already offering drops, that they may want to consider how it works, because currently, drops are non-existent... which feels bad.
Hence why I suggested, perhaps give more frequent drops, at a lower value. Thus your expected value remains equal, even thought time expected to first drop is lower.

Moreover, I don't know why "emotional" is something negative. You want your playerbase to be happy. Playing the game should be fun, and make you enjoy it... it's why we play the game. I'm not analyzing a data-set here.

Top Bottom