Would LOVE see a Sandbox Mode

+
Would love to see a Sandbox option where there is no "main" storyline and rather just you, exploring the city and making money.

Give you the ability to buy and furnish a super, fancy apartment. Build a reputation, maybe even grow to becoming a Fixer all to your own self.

F**k story! That's the reason I can't walk in to Arasaka Tower and kill all those evil [. . .] bastards at any time in the game after making a deal with Alt, after slaughtering the those Vodoo B**ches. could have lived with only 10% chip progression and got my body back. nope! Instead have to put up with Takamura and Hanako to get to the (secret) ending I should have had the option for in the first place. Try killing Hanako or Yarinobu at any time in the game like when she shows you Mukoshi. AAAAAAA!!! Nope. try sleeping at your freinds house you have an invitation to stay at, AAAAAAAAAA!!! nope! Would have liked sandbox better. No more Johnny, no more Hanako or Yorinobu all dead and I can continue game without the worst parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of what cdpr is good at, they should recognize the hole in this game is basically that. It is what gives every other open world game longevity. Give us: more apartments/ homes, a garage, customizable vehicles... And dynamic events or respawns at least. I feel like this should be doable and the bare minimum. I would ask for much more

The sandbox idea is a great idea. Imagine another DayZ or Rust type gameplay. Maybe not quite the harsh survivability aspect but you start with pretty much nothing....collect what you need to survive, set up camp, and do what you do in the big city life.

I suppose a sandbox of this game could go in one of many directions....but id sure try it out. ;)

Who knows, you might get that in multiplayer. CDPR probably intended that all along - to rival GTA Online with a Cyberpunk multiplayer with microtransactions. Maybe that's why they weren't bothered about releasing the game with tons of missing content, because it was really just a platform to release a multiplayer cash cow onto. GTA Online makes huge amounts of cash for Rockstar.

No. A sanbox mode would just be a whole different game. It's an RPG, not a sandbox, and I'd rather they put resources in to expand the RPG side of the game rather than make something different

No. A sanbox mode would just be a whole different game. It's an RPG, not a sandbox, and I'd rather they put resources in to expand the RPG side of the game rather than make something different

It's not an RPG. Even CDPR don't refer to it as an RPG. Check out their official website where it's described as an 'open world action adventure'. So yeah, sandbox would be fine.

No multiplayer cuz people are ********. Allow me to make the world mine, not everyone's. Unless your talking multiplayer sex (which you are not). Open World it is not. It is a Story!!! You cannot walk into Arasaka Tower (closed), kill everyone (no one in the building) and destroy Mikoshi anytime you want. You have to progress the story, even after securing a deal with Alt. at 10%. You have to wait and do a (secret) ending if you choose not to get anyone else killed.(which is why your reputation is crap in the first place) There is no way to not take a bullet from Dex. There is no way to not take the job from Dex. There is no Jakie surviving. Story. Alot of data shards telling you inside info on things you cannot act on. just kind of Oh!, by the way this is why this and that.

Last edited:
It's not an RPG. Even CDPR don't refer to it as an RPG. Check out their official website where it's described as an 'open world action adventure'. So yeah, sandbox would be fine.

Eh, it's more an RPG than the Witcher. Geralt is Geralt.

Would love to see a Sandbox option where there is no "main" storyline and rather just you, exploring the city and making money.

Give you the ability to buy and furnish a super, fancy apartment. Build a reputation, maybe even grow to becoming a Fixer all to your own self.
Sandbox mode and good and easy to use modding tools, that would be absolutely epic.

Well im happy to have the story as your main focus , but i do think after the maim story is finished if you click return instead of going back to embers it should be a post game free roam epilogue with no story, so you can immerse yourself in the city at will, but finish the story first, as for dpc erc later ot wouldnt matter as no matter what ending you took a dlc will have a fixed start anyway so ending one chose might not be the one you follow on from.

After storys ended no harm having pure freeroam and enjoying it

No multiplayer cuz people are ********. Allow me to make the world mine, not everyone's. Unless your talking multiplayer sex (which you are not). Open World it is not. It is a Story!!! You cannot walk into Arasaka Tower (closed), kill everyone (no one in the building) and destroy Mikoshi anytime you want. You have to progress the story, even after securing a deal with Alt. at 10%. You have to wait and do a (secret) ending if you choose not to get anyone else killed.(which is why your reputation is crap in the first place) There is no way to not take a bullet from Dex. There is no way to not take the job from Dex. There is no Jakie surviving. Story. Alot of data shards telling you inside info on things you cannot act on. just kind of Oh!, by the way this is why this and that.
A mod could fix it, but the game is just one month old. I want mods for another reason, we all have to wait for the final last Hotfix Patch (February possible).

Lot of entitlement being spewed in here. What you want and what the devs need to do are not the same thing, yet instead of making suggestions like "I would like to see this game have more options of X, Y, and Z" people phrase it like "Devs need to do X, Y, Z to fix the game". We're not even talking about bugs in this thread which actually do need fixing, but rather content that we wish was in the game.

Would I like more sandbox features? Heck yeah! Lot of places I'd like to interact with more but can't. That being said, if its not part of the game the devs want to make, who am I to say it needs to be included? Let them fix the bugs and then continue adding content to the game that fits their vision, and if its something I like then I will enjoy the product. If it isn't, well there are plenty of other sources of entertainment to be found out there.

All I'm saying is we should not make suggestions that sound like demands.

Did not think my post sounded like a demand, just said I would love to see sandbox implemented.

There would need to be a lot more radiant quests and other pointless things to do in NC for sandbox to be interesting.

Lot of entitlement being spewed in here. What you want and what the devs need to do are not the same thing, yet instead of making suggestions like "I would like to see this game have more options of X, Y, and Z" people phrase it like "Devs need to do X, Y, Z to fix the game". We're not even talking about bugs in this thread which actually do need fixing, but rather content that we wish was in the game.

Would I like more sandbox features? Heck yeah! Lot of places I'd like to interact with more but can't. That being said, if its not part of the game the devs want to make, who am I to say it needs to be included? Let them fix the bugs and then continue adding content to the game that fits their vision, and if its something I like then I will enjoy the product. If it isn't, well there are plenty of other sources of entertainment to be found out there.

All I'm saying is we should not make suggestions that sound like demands.
I agree but they shouldn't have marketed this game as many things and not have any of what they claimed it to be.

They don't do sandbox, despite all the BS they claimed in promos. CP77 came the furthest, but it's not far if compared to other popular sandbox experiences. Every sandbox system is rudimentary at best.

Top Bottom