Would LOVE see a Sandbox Mode

+
They don't do sandbox, despite all the BS they claimed in promos. CP77 came the furthest, but it's not far if compared to other popular sandbox experiences. Every sandbox system is rudimentary at best.
What do you mean by rudimentary. And are you claiming that CP77 came the furthest in terms of sandbox capabilities?

Yeah i want to be allowed to have my own trashbag and cardbox to live on in a the place of my own choice :) Like perhaps on the roof of mistys shop or somewhere between the shop and vics clinic. Oh man endless possibilites. I could choose the color of my own ghettoblaster if i really become rich and successfull at some point.. and perhaps something like a roof?

This should be sandbox. It literaly says that on gog
Screenshot (46).png
Post automatically merged:

This should be sandbox. It literaly says that on gog
Screenshot (46).png
So it is "RPG" and it is "sandbox"

LMAO just found a 2013 article where they did advertise cyberpunk 2077 as a sandbox game. What genre did CDPR not claim this game as.

Guest 3847602

What do you mean by rudimentary. And are you claiming that CP77 came the furthest in terms of sandbox capabilities?
Probably furthest compared to other CDPR games. Not sure I'd agree with it though. To me, sandbox need to provide 2 things:
1) opportunity to veer off course, find something interesting to do outside of completing quests; emergent gameplay, in other words
2) individuals, factions and groups within game world living their own life (fighting each other, conquering territory independently from player's involvement) See: Crusader Kings series

None of The Witcher games nor Cyberpunk 2077 have any of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
And there i thought sandbox means to use the game mechanics to create something that is more than what the game devs originally created.. from digging a hole where no hole was before to building an entire house where only empty ground was before.

Sandbox is basically best possible genre, coz its ultimate mix between all of them. We could say, this game is not good enough to stand into sandbox genre field... sadly.

I would so drop all my other games and solely play this if they released the multiplayer as a sandbox after fixing all the bugs. Haven't played stuck with an MMO since SW Galaxies before the NGE.

Actually i think this game will never be multiplayer because it would make no sense. If they would plan to add multiplayer to this game they would not so much refuse to make it third person. All playerchar model animations are only made to work from first person. If watched from third person or even from another player in a multiplayer session it are so much broken, like a rifle that goes right through the chars shoulder or something, really odd walking animation and such.

Before they could make thit multiplayer they would have to overhaul the whole playercharakter animations.

Not sure how, but they will add multiplayer. I recall CDPR saying owners of CP 2077 wouldn't have to pay for multiplayer, but it was a completely separate project and for proof, all you have to do is check out the jobs link at the top of this site.

Agreed. That's my idea for NG+ you get to start a new game with no biochip and no main storyline. Just a merc in the city. I'm on my second playthrough now and finished all the available gigs I could before starting the major side jobs and main quests again and i'm losing interest.

I think that some endings can allow sandbox mode. But it'll still need some content. Periodical quest or something like that.

Top Bottom