Would The Terminator survive in the world of 2077?

+

TJXXX

Forum regular
Since any civilian can be completely cybered up, would a typical T-800 survive a fight against say.... Maelstrom punks? Or would you have to be an Adam Smasher to win a fight against a Terminator?

A T-800 terminator is a machine made from an alloy that hasn't yet been invented, and powered by a small nuclear reactor. Adam Smasher would get curb-stomped. The terminator also can hack pretty much anything, so if it decided to, it could make Adam Smasher curb-stomp himself.

In the world of CP2077, the terminator would be the apex predator, at least until it clipped through the floor and sank slowly into the cyberspace ether.

Depends on if the corps have been sitting on some phased plasma weapons they haven't been telling anyone about.

On the other hand, if Skynet is purely an aggregate software intellect (think T3), a pure AI, like the things living beyond the black wall, then be damn glad there is a wall because you don't want something like Skynet deciding to reprogram humanity through cyberware or just deciding to system reset, synapse burnout, or cyberpsycho the bulk of humanity. Hell, it'd be trivial for it to make us all sit docilely in a happy-fun braindance while its murder machines "sterilized" the planet.

There's a reason Netwatch pisses itself at the thought of anything like Alt coming back across, and Doctor Paradox tells people to stay the hell off the Net (well besides him wanting people to unplug in general).

You really want something like Alt going all Skynet or Shodan on us? Just imagine all those drones Militech and Arasaka love to use simultaneously deciding that your city needs to die, or a Militech satellite decides to drop a dozen or so "rods from God" on your city.

Also, terminators are made of a "hyperalloy combat chassis (coltan steel)" that would hypothetically be all but indestructible to anything but anti-tank and anti-material level weapons. So good luck taking one down with your smartgun. MAYBE your tech rifle will punch a hole in it, you'd better hope. The best you can hope for is that you'll be able to fight back marginally better than John Connor and his merry band of survivors, assuming Skynet doesn't make you suicide yourself or simply switch you off.

Yeah, every scenario of that sort is an extinction level event, which is why the Voodoo Boys are trying so hard to find an exit.

Last edited:
Would The Terminator survive in the world of 2077?

I like this thread already. :LOL:

Sild

Ex-moderator
Well, he'd definitely survive. Even for the most hardened combatants it's going to take a lot of grit and high caliber stopping power to bring it down IF he dosen't get them first, and chances are, he will.

BTW:
t2 ref.jpg

Yep, pretty cool referance. One of the best parts of the movie, that.

In a wold with superhuman AI the terminator is a dumb-ass and is going to get hacked in no time.

In a stand up fight, dunno. The squishy cyber parts are going to make cyber enhanced people weaker than the terminator, but then his cybernetic parts look like they were built in a factory in Detroit in the 80s.

Sild

Ex-moderator
In a wold with superhuman AI the terminator is a dumb-ass and is going to get hacked in no time.
? He's literally a superhuman AI from the future. Seeing the history of Cyberpunk and A.I.'s i don't think any attempts at hacking him would bode well for the hacker. But that's just me spitballing :shrug:

? He's literally a superhuman AI from the future. Seeing the history of Cyberpunk and A.I.'s i don't think any attempts at hacking him would bode well for the hacker. But that's just me spitballing :shrug:
Skynet is a superhuman AI from the now future 2077 past (I guess), but the terminator is repeatedly shown in the film's to be an idiot.

Well, he'd definitely survive. Even for the most hardened combatants it's going to take a lot of grit and high caliber stopping power to bring it down IF he dosen't get them first, and chances are, he will.

BTW: View attachment 11206276
Yep, pretty cool referance. One of the best parts of the movie, that.

Magnificent, that's something else for me to go hunt down. Proper internet back tomorrow (hopefully) then 1.2 install on PS4 and off again, can't freakin' wait. I got the T2 vibes from these storm drains, but certainly have not found this scene, love it (y)

So let's say SKYNET did send a T800 through some dimensional rift, surely the Free AI would have something to say about it? Either that or a massive move by the corpos to neutralise it and reverse engineer the tech.

I think the more interesting question would be: would skynet become self aware or would it remain under control of a specific corp.

A T-800 at first glance feel like one of the NCPC bots with skindrafts.
Its the specific of power supply and material alloy that would decide the outcome.
Now lets bring T2 in here.
Would the T-1000 have a field day ;)

Also, for argument sake: how dangerous would Skynet be compared to lets say, Netwatch/VDB/Mikoshi abilities. These lines of thought are an RPG in and on itself.

Last edited:
Yeah the T-800's tech is still far superior to the cyberware available in cyberpunk 2077. Even smasher would get owned by a T-800. I dont think netrunners would have much luck against the AI of a T-800, maybe slow it down but it would be capable of fighting back against quickhacks and deamons i'd think.

Also remember that although the T-1000 can do some cool stuff, it is primarily a covert ops unit, the T-800s were build for war, their much more durable and designed to adapt to the battlefield conditions.

Actually can we have Arnie T-800 as a DLC character for cyberpunk?

A Basilisk would handle a T800, just blaze it with some missiles and done.
I mean it can be disabled with homemade pipe bombs so a bunch of guided missiles would erase a T800 I guess :)

A Basilisk would handle a T800, just blaze it with some missiles and done.
I mean it can be disabled with homemade pipe bombs so a bunch of guided missiles would erase a T800 I guess :)

Seeing the word Basilisk had me wondering - would a Metal Gear survive in Night City, and / or how good would a Peace Walker final bossfight look taking place on the streets of Night City. That's not a question, the answer is of course 'mindblowing'. :D

Top Bottom