Would this PC run it?

+
freakie1one said:
freakie1one said:
Well, I´m afraid that HD6850 is a "little bit" over the 150 dollars limit (200-230$) and a little bit stronger than his CPU can handle properly. I think that 5770 (for example Gigabyte 1GB DDR5 - GV-R577UD-1GD ) could be better choice. It can be bought under 150 dollars and is good enough to handle The Witcher 2 at least on medium details.nVidia GTS450 is also an option, but AMD HD5770 is better.
That isn't true. His CPU has nothing to do with what video card he can use. The only things the video card requires is a powerful enough power supply and an empty PCI-E slot (and enough room inside his case to fit). Also, I'm not sure about the price in Europe but here in the USA you can get the 6850 for $140 after rebate. Here's a link:Radeon 6850
I´m not sure if we understand each other correctly :) (language barrier - I am not from english speaking country) but I´m 100% sure, that CPU can hold down GPU, it´s called "bottleneck" and I´ve experienced it many times.I guess that hr5rlz has AMD Athlon 64 x2 5400+ which isn´t bad, but in my opinion it can´t use 100% of HD6850´s power. I don´t know where hr5rlz live, but here (Czech Republic) HD6850 costs around 3.500 CZK which is 214$ (3.500 / 16,3). I´m not surprised that in the USA it´s much cheaper :)Anyway, HD5770 is good graphic card (max to resolution 1680x1050..fullHD is maybe little too much for this little guy :) ) and I still think that hr5rzl should buy it. HD6850 is better but also more expensive and require better power supply (at least quality 400W from brands like Seasonic, Corsair, Enermax, CoolerMaster..for HD5770 is 350W enough)

Slashluke said:
I´m not sure if we understand each other correctly :) (language barrier - I am not from english speaking country) but I´m 100% sure, that CPU can hold down GPU, it´s called "bottleneck" and I´ve experienced it many times.I guess that hr5rlz has AMD Athlon 64 x2 5400+ which isn´t bad, but in my opinion it can´t use 100% of HD6850´s power.
Ah, yes, his CPU would be his bottleneck if he bought a 6850. But he'd still be better off with a 6850 than a 5770. He'd get better performance using a 6850 than a 5770, despite his CPU. A bottleneck is the most limiting part of your computer (in other words, the part that is keeping other parts from performing to their maximum). Even with a CPU bottleneck he would gain performance from having a faster video card (some parts of the game engine use solely the video card and not the CPU).Anyways, I can't really recommend a video card in a price range if I don't know where he lives since prices do change regionally.

Hi,I don't have much knowledge on hardware so just dropped by to ask you guys if yout think how TW2 will work on this baby(got this report by using LookinMyPC system inspector):processor Information Name Manufacturer L2 Cache Ext Clock LoadPentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.80GHz GenuineIntel 2048 KB 266 MHz 7 %System Memory Information Location Part Number Memory Type CapacityDIMM A1 PartNum0 DDR-2 2048DIMM B1 PartNum1 DDR-2 2048 Total RAM: 4096 MB, 2245 MB freeDisplay Adapter Information Name Video RAM Color Depth ResolutionNVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1024 MB 32 1024x768

kefirowy: CPU - okRAM - okGPU - not enough9500GT is much weaker than 8800GT which is set as recommended minimum. You should buy better GPU if you want to play The Witcher 2 :-/

@Slash_lukeDamn, thanks for the reply. I've been wondering about upgrading that crap so this will speed it up anyways. Any chance to run it on minimum settings tough?

9500 GT is three-times weaker than 8800GT which CD Projekt set as minimum for fluent playing. So my guess is no, you can´t play Witcher 2 with this GPU and you should upgrade.

I'm looking to buy a new computer for the tw2 release. i need to know what settings the game could run on with these specs please:Intel Dualcore 3.2Ghz cpuATI Radeon HD 54504GB DDR3 1066Mhz, Kingstonthanks :)

Klubb said:
I'm looking to buy a new computer for the tw2 release. i need to know what settings the game could run on with these specs please:Intel Dualcore 3.2Ghz cpuATI Radeon HD 54504GB DDR3 1066Mhz, Kingstonthanks :)
It wouldn't run at all on that system. The 5450 is much too weak of a video card. If you're going to buy a new system make sure it has at least a quad core CPU and a decent video card. Those are the 2 most important features.

Klubb: Sorry to say that, but HD 5450 isn´t gaming card and never was. Maybe minimum details on 1280x1024 (with low fps), but I can´t guarantee that..your CPU (and RAM) is ok, but this card is meant for office use or web browsing/watching movies.Actually, it´s even weaker than previously mentioned 9500 GT which was low-end years ago and had full hands of work even with Witcher 1..and Witcher 2 is much more demanding.If you want to play the Witcher 2, you have to buy new GPU - at least on the level of HD 5670 (which is roughly same as 8800GT). And that´s just for minimum details.

GuyN039wah said:
GuyN039wah said:
I have following set and I don't know almost nothing about these:Windows vistaATI Radeon HD 4770Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor E2140RAM 2048 MBAm I able to run the game?
I'll consider each separately: GPU, CPU, and memory. The HD 4770 is fine, well above the stated minimum.The CPU is your weak point. The stated minimum is a 2.3 GHz Core 2 Duo or 2.6 GHz Athlon 64x2. What you have there is a 1.6 GHz Celeron (which Intel renamed "Pentium Dual Core") with minimal (1MB) cache.You should get more memory. The game will want 2GB just for itself, forcing all of Windows to swap out. 3GB would be a lot better, especially with Vista, which is a pig.Because of the CPU, I can't state with any confidence that the game will run well, even at minimum settings.
Thank you so much for the clear analysis.If I bought "AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition - 3,2 GHz", would it be well enough for the CPU part? Or which processor/CPU would be enough for the recommended? maybe I should also get 4GB RAM..

Ratiasu said:
Ratiasu said:
Ratiasu said:
I have following set and I don't know almost nothing about these:Windows vistaATI Radeon HD 4770Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor E2140RAM 2048 MBAm I able to run the game?
I'll consider each separately: GPU, CPU, and memory. The HD 4770 is fine, well above the stated minimum.The CPU is your weak point. The stated minimum is a 2.3 GHz Core 2 Duo or 2.6 GHz Athlon 64x2. What you have there is a 1.6 GHz Celeron (which Intel renamed "Pentium Dual Core") with minimal (1MB) cache.You should get more memory. The game will want 2GB just for itself, forcing all of Windows to swap out. 3GB would be a lot better, especially with Vista, which is a pig.Because of the CPU, I can't state with any confidence that the game will run well, even at minimum settings.
Thank you so much for the clear analysis.If I bought "AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition - 3,2 GHz", would it be well enough for the CPU part? Or which processor/CPU would be enough for the recommended? maybe I should also get 4GB RAM..
You'd need a new motherboard, too; you can't put an AMD CPU in an Intel socket.The CPUs still available for Intel's "LGA 775" socket include some good bargains like the E5xxx and E6xxx series (code name "Wolfdale"; Intel confusingly reused the "E6" model numbers that used to designate "Conroe" CPUs).My "Day 1" rig is going to be an E6300 with an ATI 5670 (don't snicker too loudly, it's overclocked to where it pulls 11,700 3DMark06). That's similar to what you'd end up with for just the cost of a CPU.If you could post your motherboard make and model (it should be announced on your monitor during power-up, or better yet, get CPU-Z and run it), we could recommend a suitable upgrade CPU.

GuyN039wah said:
You'd need a new motherboard, too; you can't put an AMD CPU in an Intel socket.The CPUs still available for Intel's "LGA 775" socket include some good bargains like the E5xxx and E6xxx series (code name "Wolfdale"; Intel confusingly reused the "E6" model numbers that used to designate "Conroe" CPUs).My "Day 1" rig is going to be an E6300 with an ATI 5670 (don't snicker too loudly, it's overclocked to where it pulls 11,700 3DMark06). That's similar to what you'd end up with for just the cost of a CPU.If you could post your motherboard make and model (it should be announced on your monitor during power-up, or better yet, get CPU-Z and run it), we could recommend a suitable upgrade CPU.
I'm aware I'll have to buy a new motherboard too. As I most likely am going to upgrade my computer, I would like to catch the recommended settings (since it's not going to be cheap in anyway, it would be nice if the game ran well). So I'm seeking for 4-core or 6-core processor and some motherboard which would work with all components.Here's data of my current motherboard by CPU-Z:http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2029/motherboardh.png

So what if I went nuts when it turns out that my current laptop can't play the game well, and I bought another one which is relatively cheap here for it's qualities and has the following features: gpu: 1024 MB nVidia GeForce GT 335Mcpu: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor SU7300 1.3 GHzMemory: 4096 MB (2x 2048 MB)Hard drive: 320 GBI have the money, but not the will to actually spend a huge sum of money again and replace something which does most things well. This problem is eating me and I don't want to go rabid with my money. :(But it also bothers me that a lot of people on the forums seems to suggest that most consoles version of games like these type of games will get dumbed down on consoles. Is that really true for TW2 as well, since I have a fully functioning ps3 (well as far as psn goes..) or should I ask this additional question on the ask dev thread or something?I'm sorry if I come off as a whiner

Ratiasu said:
Ratiasu said:
I'm aware I'll have to buy a new motherboard too. As I most likely am going to upgrade my computer, I would like to catch the recommended settings (since it's not going to be cheap in anyway, it would be nice if the game ran well). So I'm seeking for 4-core or 6-core processor and some motherboard which would work with all components.Here's data of my current motherboard by CPU-Z:http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2029/motherboardh.png
It's a Packard Bell proprietary motherboard, so it would be a risk to try to update the CPU. A newer LGA 775 CPU might not work at all. So you are right about needing a motherboard+CPU upgrade.Are you planning to put a new motherboard in the existing case, or build a new rig and salvage components from the old?

Strangly enough, that site claims that geforce 9500 will handle TW2. Whilst my Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.80GHz will not. Strange.

Thsccks said:
So what if I went nuts when it turns out that my current laptop can't play the game well, and I bought another one which is relatively cheap here for it's qualities and has the following features: gpu: 1024 MB nVidia GeForce GT 335Mcpu: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor SU7300 1.3 GHzMemory: 4096 MB (2x 2048 MB)Hard drive: 320 GBI have the money, but not the will to actually spend a huge sum of money again and replace something which does most things well. This problem is eating me and I don't want to go rabid with my money. :(But it also bothers me that a lot of people on the forums seems to suggest that most consoles version of games like these type of games will get dumbed down on consoles. Is that really true for TW2 as well, since I have a fully functioning ps3 (well as far as psn goes..) or should I ask this additional question on the ask dev thread or something?I'm sorry if I come off as a whiner
The 335M isn't that much better than the 220M you have already. You'd spend a lot of money for a fractional improvement. If I were getting a laptop with the intent of playing TW2 on it, I would get a minimum of:nVidia GT445M or GT555Mor AMD/ATI Mobility 5750 or Mobility 6750.and the CPU: Core i3 370M or better, Core i5 520M or better.

kefirowy said:
Strangly enough, that site claims that geforce 9500 will handle TW2. Whilst my Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.80GHz will not. Strange.
You might as well consult a crystal-ball gazer as that bogus site. I am sick of the reports of people who have been misled by "Can you run it".Bah, I figured out why it gave you such a crap answer.1. There are two different Intel CPUs called "E6300". The old E6300 is a 1.867 GHz "Conroe". That's below the minimum. The new E6300 is a 2.8 GHz "Wolfdale". It's well above the minimum. But software that just asks "what CPU is installed" and gets the answer "E6300" is going to get it wrong.2. The graphics test doesn't look at graphics card performance. It looks at VRAM, pixel shader model, and vertex shader model. Thus a crap integrated chipset that doesn't stand a chance against the barrage of textures TW2 will throw at it will pass the test.

GuyN039wah said:
It's a Packard Bell proprietary motherboard, so it would be a risk to try to update the CPU. A newer LGA 775 CPU might not work at all. So you are right about needing a motherboard+CPU upgrade.Are you planning to put a new motherboard in the existing case, or build a new rig and salvage components from the old?
Hmm I think I'm just going to take the old ones away and put the new in. Of course, I don't have the skills of my own, so I 'd have to somebody else do it. I should replace the processor, motherboard and RAM and save my old graphic card, power source etc. Is there a way to reach the recommended settings? I'm pretty sure I can't afford a whole new computer..

GuyN039wah said:
You might as well consult a crystal-ball gazer as that bogus site. I am sick of the reports of people who have been misled by "Can you run it".
Do you know of a better site?Edit: I know of one at www.yougamers.com but it's not working (for me) atm. I haven't heard of problems with either site. And, I was just trying to be helpful.

Top Bottom