Would you buy an expansion with promised but cut features?

+

Would you buy an expansion with promised but cut features?

• Total voters
Yes because I get it was cut but things get cut from games all the time. However, I feel a few cut features should be put in as updates as a sign of good faith. Like:

• Backstory builder that affects choices/dialogue like shown in the demo
  • Clothing that matters/affects missions (stealing militech uniforms/you keeping your corpo suit allows you to blend in around Corpos out and about and learn info)
  • Have more than 2 joytoys
I understand they would have to get back voice actors for these lines, but for the most part nothing would have to change graphically since most deep conversations don't involve V being in frame much/other characters moving/doing much. Same thing for NPCs. NPCs pathing would have to be fixed so they follow schedules like Corpos unseen during the day except during lunch/after work. Older people out in the morning/in the park. Tweakers up early morning along with people going to work but not really out mid day. Bangers up at all times but the more notorious ones only out with crews/roaming at night. Smaller ones still on their same paths.

I feel they rushed through an early build of the game to get to market and that most of the promised features were nerfed or forgotten once Keanu came on board. They re-wrote the whole thing, and dumbed the user experience down to accomodate the 'celeb' promotional power and his ego to be more involved as a character. The game would have been far better if he had never been involved. We were basically sold a lie when you look back at videos of what might have been. I would personally prefer to wait for the modding community to fix most of it and make a better game. We were already 'robbed' on this game with too many features dumped to cash in on Johnny Silverhand. I 'wouldn't want to pay twice' as V says to Royce...

As long as this game gets stable I will buy all future expansion DLC

If they want to leave it how it is, than $60 is all they get from me, as long as performance is fixed, I will buy for again for my PC and all DLC on both my console and PC.

But if things don't get fixed and remedied correctly, well I won't be a repeat customer when things are full price - and I think many others are the same as me, the question is do they want us to put more money into their franchise, or are they happy with what they have made?

Yeah, because otherwise I won't have it.

I draw a distinction between new quests and, say, microtransactions. Besides, it was clearly not finished and removed unlike some examples of this (see Deus Ex: Mankind Divided that removed a VITAL STORY QUEST to do as DLC).

What are all those promised, but cut features? Are we talking about stuff that usn’t there at all, or also including stuff whose implementation is subpar compared to how it was advertised?

Wallrunning? Train? What else?

Here's a highly detailed post I made about almost everything they've cut.

The cut content thing is almost like sloganeering. "Cut content" fails to describe content that could have been removed or changed for a 100 different reasons. Maybe it didn't work, hard stop. What are you gonna do, code it for them?

Maybe it worked but was less fun then we imagine. Maybe the time investment would have had to be immense for little payoff. Like cloaks in an elderscrolls game, bethesda just won't do it ;)

I also wish there were features from the 2018 trailer. I also wish there was a train system. But I've also put 70 hours in, while I've paused my playthrough for fixes I've got my money worth already time wise. From here on out its more about their reputation and the quality state in which they leave the game in.

Some things I'd pay for, maybe some things not. They also need to get the game running, on my PS4 pro its a playable but laggy crash mess.

your poll is crap,
because its only yes with cut contend or now at all

yes i would buy a DLC
dont care for cut contend (most stuff people call cut contend is BS anyway)

When cuts are made it is always for a reason. Take Star Wars (Episode 4) for example. A lot of scenes were removed to make the theatrical cut of the film. You could criticize the editors for only giving the audience half a movie...until you see the deleted scenes. The film is much better without them.

Perhaps its a similar story with Cyberpunk 2077. Perhaps some features were planned and partially or even fully developed but upon playing it, it just didn't work or it didn't fit narratively. Or it resulted in play testers breaking the game. Its always a shame to get rid of things you have created because you want everything you make to be good but it just doesn't work like this. I don't make games but I do write and record music. I throw away a lot of material because its just bad.

I really enjoyed playing CP2077 and I'm ok with spending money on things I enjoy. I understand there is a commercial reality to game dev on this scale. Its hard and requires a lot of talented people, whose time is valuable. What I don't want to see is a precedent set where aiming high and falling short is discouraged in favour of playing it safe. I've played too many games that are beholden to tradition and so cookie cutter its painful. Like Mass Effect: Andromeda. Its a fine Mass Effect game but I had this sinking feeling part way through that I would never have that sense of wonder of walking through the citadel in 2007. In 2017, Andromeda freed the series from the narrative shackles of Shepard and Reapers...only to offer more of the same, without the awe.

Last edited:
your poll is crap,
because its only yes with cut contend or now at all

yes i would buy a DLC
dont care for cut contend (most stuff people call cut contend is BS anyway)

this also I don't consider any content "cut" it was part of the open development process. The game release on Dec. 10 is the finished game. I have no problem "paying" for a DLC provided its content is something I wish to have ( not multiplayer , non combat etc) New story content , romances , clothing fix the key word is "new" move forward even if it happens before the last mission. In a perfect world an Arizona epilogue / story DLC with current added current romance content would be cool.
ANY POST ENDING DLC HAS TO HAVE A MISSION WHERE YOU FIND A "CURE" AND LIVE A "HEALTHY" HAPPLIY EVER AFTER WITH YOUR ROMANCE.

Last edited:
When cuts are made it is always for a reason. Take Star Wars (Episode 4) for example. A lot of scenes were removed to make the theatrical cut of the film. You could criticize the editors for only giving the audience half a movie...until you see the deleted scenes. The film is much better without them.

Perhaps its a similar story with Cyberpunk 2077. Perhaps some features were planned and partially or even fully developed but upon playing it, it just didn't work or it didn't fit narratively. Or it resulted in play testers breaking the game. Its always a shame to get rid of things you have created because you want everything you make to be good but it just doesn't work like this. I don't make games but I do write and record music. I throw away a lot of material because its just bad.

I really enjoyed playing CP2077 and I'm ok with spending money on things I enjoy. I understand there is a commercial reality to game dev on this scale. Its hard and requires a lot of talented people, whose time is valuable. What I don't want to see is a precedent set where aiming high and falling short is discouraged in favour of playing it safe. I've played too many games that are beholden to tradition and so cookie cutter its painful. Like Mass Effect: Andromeda. Its a fine Mass Effect game but I had this sinking feeling part way through that I would never have that sense of wonder of walking through the citadel in 2007. In 2017, Andromeda freed the series from the narrative shackles of Shepard and Reapers...only to offer more of the same, without the awe.

ME:A was a solid game. People got so hung up on facial animations. Seems to silly in hindsight. Really? Gonna sink the whole game for that?

And they did, no DLC no nothing. Think about that here. Gonna scream about cut content and review bomb until there's no content at all.

But I agree, it was a solid game, but super safe, followed an algorithm, the story was very straight forward, no surprises. Because that's what EA does. They have a lot of games to make, and they're so big they just have to keep making them to stay in buisness.

Top Bottom