Would you buy it again?

+

Would you purchase CP2077 again if another company was to fix all bugs and make it more "complete"?

• Yes

Votes: 70 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 91 56.5%

• Total voters
I think anyone rich, brave and enterprising enough to take on a partly failed globally discredited title and re-vamp it, fix it, improve it and release it again in a much better version would probably have the commercial acumen to at least offer some form of discounted purchase for accredited owners of the original 'donor' game. Or they would offer some exclusive 'grandfathered' content, skill packs, items or benefits' only to that target market as an onboarding incentive.

Not that I think this will happen.

But, here's a tale of game death and phoenix from the ashes:

I am reminded of how Hellgate London launched by Flagship Studios in 2007, (ex Blizzard/Diablo devs) as a single player and multiplayer game, then closed in 2008 when the company went bankrupt. It was relaunched by a Korean developer which bought the rights, as Hellgate Global until that closed in 2015. A Steam version of Hellgate London emerged in 2018 from T3Entertainment which has universally critical user reviews, comparing poorly to the original.

Then there is Hellgate Revival - a fan version, a modification and editor for the single player patched version of Hellgate: London which continues to this day.

We also have ( Hellgate) London 2038 , a completely free, non-commercial, fan-made, volunteer-run private server project to bring back classic Hellgate: London multiplayer as it was in 2007-2009 I am still playing this one and it's great fun ! (They are not the owners or copyright holders of Hellgate: London, so you must own a copy of the original game disc to play this mod)

Some titles never die.... how long Cyberpunk 2077 survives and what its legacy will be yet remains to be seen.

Top Bottom