Would you buy it again?

+

Would you purchase CP2077 again if another company was to fix all bugs and make it more "complete"?

• Yes

Votes: 70 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 91 56.5%

• Total voters
Suppose a super rich person were to purchase the rights to CP2077 off of CD PROJEKTRED.
Then said person was to hire all the devs that worked on CP2077 + the ones that quit after creating the Witcher 3 + any other devs needed.
Then just let the devs work until CP2077 meets the high standard set by the Witcher 3.

Would you be willing to purchase CP2077 then?

No, because already got the early access version that won't get a refund if you are a steam user.

Really, steam refused to give out refunds?
Didn't know about that. I bought it on GOG.
Been thinking about getting a refund but I doubt that's going to happen after having 212 hours in.

Been thinking about getting a refund but I doubt that's going to happen after having 212 hours in.
heard GOG has new refund policy with 30 days no questions asked? on steam there is a 2 hour window that is easily gone in case CP crashes and runs on in background. guess in the end it is a war of distribution platforms. at least it is the only reason coming to mind why sony pulled CP from their store front. they had worse launches they did not pull from store.

If you mean would I buy the game when it was finished (all patches and all expansions) depends really on the position the game is at when that happens. Atm, I've been refunded the full amount for my physical copy on PayPal but CDPR hasn't asked for the game back yet or given any instructions on how to return the physical copy.

If it's greatly improved then I'd most likely purchase the complete edition for a discounted price down the road (assuming CDPR actually ask for the games return) if not then I'd purchase the expansions again at a discounted price. If it's still lackluster and broken then I will not be purchasing future expansions.

No. There is no good company anymore. High standards is RDR2. Basic standards is Saints Row 4. They fix their own mess. Or they fail and I move on.

Don't know. The last good game produced by Rockstar North was Vice City.
Would probably have to be 12 years old again in order to enjoy any of the stuff they have been producing lately.
Post automatically merged:

If you mean would I buy the game when it was finished (all patches and all expansions) depends really on the position the game is at when that happens. Atm, I've been refunded the full amount for my physical copy on PayPal but CDPR hasn't asked for the game back yet or given any instructions on how to return the physical copy.

If it's greatly improved then I'd most likely purchase the complete edition for a discounted price down the road (assuming CDPR actually ask for the games return) if not then I'd purchase the expansions again at a discounted price. If it's still lackluster and broken then I will not be purchasing future expansions.

I don't think ProjektRed is going go be giving us a complete edition or anything that meets our expectations.
Even if they do, I am with you, definitely not paying full price again.

there's no reason to give refunds to PC version of the game because it wasn't broken like the console version

Yes id buy it again without a doubt,yes cdpr made a mistake but they are busting their balls trying to win us back and appologise which ive not seen another company do,ive bought worse AAA games that needed fixing from day one .

Don't know. The last good game produced by Rockstar North was Vice City.
Would probably have to be 12 years old again in order to enjoy any of the stuff they have been producing lately.
I'm talking about the games attention to detail. Not the quality of the story.

No.

If another studio (or CDPR themselves) made a different (non-shooter) game in the setting with RPG gameplay in mind, probably, depending on how deep they went with that.

there's no reason to give refunds to PC version of the game because it wasn't broken like the console version

I mean the missing features and half-truths via marketing are completely fair reasons for wanting a refund. Plus it's not like the PC version is super smooth for everyone. Plenty of people are complaining of issues with the PC version. People should be allowed to refund if they choose to within a certain timeframe regardless of whether the game has problems or not. IMO it's the consumer's right to return a product within 14-30 days of purchase for whatever reason they wish.

No, nothing but regret about giving CDPR my money. Everybody who preordered this game enabled them. Definitely not worth the purchase even without the bugs it just isn't fun IMO. Some people are happy with shooting and stabbing braindead AI over and over and over and thats good for them.

Answer 3.

Depends on what they release as future content. If the story is not continued, I have little incentive to buy it again, because it directly influences the replayability for me.

In addition, they should really look at the skill trees and dust it off a bit. Add special moves, take downs ect. Same with cybernatics. Atm, it's a bit boring to be honest

I disapprove buyouts, industry consolidation, franchises changing hands and all that. I prefer IPs and game series that stay with their original creators, for better or worse.
But I know for a fact that I will buy every future installments in this series (expansions, enhanced edition, sequel, etc) that will be made by CDPR. For me '77 was a very good experience overall.

104 hours level 24 Street 48. I'm not even trying to complete the main quests but wandering around and amazed at what I find in the middle of nowhere...

Yes, I have 212 hours. But that's not the point.
The people who worked on designing the world, characters and some quests did a great job.
However, the rest...

Imagine going to a restaurant and ordering: Rice, steak and a drink.
Suppose different persons were tasking with creating each item.
One person cooked the rice, another cooked the steak and someone else mixed your drink.
Now, you finally get your food only to find out that the rice is mushy and salty.
The drink is terrible too.
The steak is great/perfect.
Customer service is terrible too.

Would you still rate the experience a solid 5/5 just because the steak was great?

Same concept applies here.
Certain quests are great.
The visuals are great.
But the game could have been so much more.

Top Bottom