Would you buy it again?

+

Would you purchase CP2077 again if another company was to fix all bugs and make it more "complete"?

• Yes

Votes: 70 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 91 56.5%

• Total voters
As others have said, I have it on Steam so I'm kinda locked in. In a "knowing what I know now" situation, no I wouldn't purchase the game as is. I've played it for many hours, don't get me wrong, but the game is consistently disappointing due to all the missing content.

In that same scenario, all they'd have to do to get me to pay asking price is to say "We're releasing this as a paid beta so we don't have to crunch to meet investor deadlines. Give us feedback on our forum to help us get to the best final product!" My issue here is the seeming lack of awareness of the game's many faults. I'm sure their inability to acknowledge that is related to legal advice due to the lawsuits, but that doesn't do anything to increase confidence.

I like it so much I bought my brother a copy on Steam at full price, and he is now very into it.

211 hours in for me and just starting my second character.

I'm talking about the games attention to detail. Not the quality of the story.
you are absolutely right but that's why their games still stay relevant. those IPs have turned into good simulations with story campaigns. and from what we hear, they working on making them feel even more realistic and that's great. but honestly I'd not want CDPR to make that turn. I want CDPR to keep making cool, narrative heavy RPGs.

Would you purchase CP2077 again if another company was to fix all bugs and make it more "complete"?
no? why would I have to purchase again a software I already paid for because delivering party kinda screwed up and served me undercooked product? also this is silly. like, you implying that CDPR should abandon the title? that's not gonna happen, come on. their decrasing reputation is on the line. :smart:

you are absolutely right but that's why their games still stay relevant. those IPs have turned into good simulations with story campaigns. and from what we hear, they working on making them feel even more realistic and that's great. but honestly I'd not want CDPR to make that turn. I want CDPR to keep making cool, narrative heavy RPGs.

no? why would I have to purchase again a software I already paid for because delivering party kinda screwed up and served me undercooked product? also this is silly. like, you implying that CDPR should abandon the title? that's not gonna happen, come on. their decrasing reputation is on the line. :smart:

Everything has a price. Offer enough money to the owner and they will let it go.
Reputation of a non-existent company (assuming they shut down because the payout was so large) has no value if you have billions in your bank account.
Post automatically merged:

I like it so much I bought my brother a copy on Steam at full price, and he is now very into it.

Okay?

Last edited:

Dude, I bought it for my big brother and it's the shittiest game he's played ever. I was extremely embarrassed when I played it and realized that I got him something so poorly developed.

CDPR should NOT be rewarded for this game.

For fixing bugs:
No, because the minor bugs I have experienced did not detract from my experience enough to justify paying again, and would doing so not possibly set a dangerous precedence for companies to start a "pay for no bugs version" development scheme?

And since you left the "complete" wide open by providing no specifics on what you mean/is meant by "complete" here is my take on that:
No, because I am not interested in harassing/punching random NPCs, romancing random NPCs, following random PCs for an in game day and night to see what they do, making little splashes in the water with my bullets, setting up a counterfeit Sea-Monkey pyramid scheme with every other hot dog stand vendor wearing green shorts, etc. and adding those things into the game would not be enough for me to justify a duplicate purchase.

Well okay, maybe for Sea-Monkeys, but not the rest.

Cheers Chooms.

How complete?
Romance ie is something I can live without, I mean it would be cool to have more npcs to play with but imo there's no need to really explore this much further than what we have already, again this is personal. Lot of people want more V custom options, also something I'm ok'ish with its state right now. Users want 3rd person, I don't. These are just a couple of examples that would make the game more complete for some but not others. In my opinion CDPR should focus a lot on a whole lot of things to make it more complete.

If we're talking about an hypothetical complete, that would probably take a few years to achieve, then the answer would be yes.
I guess that completion and perfection would go hand in hand here, so I'd ask, is it even possible to ever release a complete version of CP2077?
^rhetoric question

Yes, under the conditions of what the OP said. Assuming the OP means the devs, and not management. If the same leads were on the game, absolutely not. CDPR management ranks just below on trust factor that I place EA management and leads. Probably on par with Bethesda Fallout 76 management and leads.

The devs however, allowed to make the game with little or no interferance from meddling bottom-line feeding management would be a game to behold.

Edit: I read the question wrong

If i lost my account an CDPR went out of business and i had no choice, sure

If i moved platform an decided to buy it again, sure

If none of that happened, i still had CP2077 CDPR edition and somehow someone bought all rights to the franchise an for some unknown reason decided to copy everything CDPR did that you all seem to dislike but added a few "extra" features would i buy it again? Yeah probably for £5 in the bargain bin.

I like what we currently have

Last edited:
You mean like EA?

Nah... CDPR made a fuck up. As far a it stands to me, its a first on their account and they made some promises to fix it. I allow them to prove their worth in that regard. So far I also never issued a refund and I will not do so either.
CDPR is to fix this game, they'll do so and do a secondary NMS-style redemption, or they fail and get a mark for it.

But I definately DO NOT want to see this IP in the hands of anyone elsebecause that proves nothing.

yes because i have got a very nice bug-free experience, when all dlc will be out i will probably buy the "goty" version

Aye, same, got it on PS4 and wouldn't hesitate to give CDPR my money again and buy the game for my girlfriends PC when the time comes.

I want what was promised in their trailers and statements.

Voted no because I see no reason why I should spend more money just to keep beta testing the game.
Also, no point in fixing bugs when the foundations of the game are broken. The game doesn't need to do a No Man's sky but rather a FFXIV. Scrap it and redo it.

Scrap it and redo it.
let's keep it real, that's never gonna happen. :ohstopit:
I want what was promised in their trailers and statements.
I'd be content IF they were to release some sort of extended lifepath content. I even tried to reach lead quest designer, I hope he finds the time to check my tweet out. basically I suggessted that after ACT I, we should get series of quests due to our Lifepath choices, that will reward the player with unique rewards. this and deeper character customizations; basically what modders are doing right now. with these two adjustments and maybe some more fun side quests, they could salvage CP2077 in my opinion.
I know some of you guys feel confused and maybe even betrayed but we gotta be positive and see how things will play out. then do the judging. CP2077 might be CDPR's most disappointing launch ever but it's not the first action rpg game that has a horrible launch. I think it's too early to lose faith. then again, we will see. :coolstory:

Last edited:

Guest 4519094

No Fuck the rich jesus fuck haven't you played the game ?!?
no scratch that got a better answer

Top Bottom