Would you jump to console when CDPR no longer make PC games?

+
Would you jump to console when CDPR no longer make PC games?

Ok let me make this clear.. this is not a whining thread nor a complain thread. I'm just interested to know if PC gamers would switch to console if CDPR no longer make PC games?Let's put it this way.. CDPR is currently making TW2 for consoles and it's entirely a separate project. Not exactly a port. Now, WHAT IF consoles version of TW2 sold 9million units and PC version sold 1million units?Yeah it is a sad fact if that is the current trend.. however CDPR similar to most developers are mainly business focus. Seriously it makes no sense to concentrate and focus on PC for future games if the profit is so minimal compared to consoles.It is true that PC platform has far more advantages than consoles but IF it's not profitable, no matter how good makes no sense to continue it. That is why most developer just develop consoles game(very profitable) and later on making a port for PC just to milk a little more extra or even hell no point in making PC games et all.Again, just a reminder this is in NO way a complaining thread but i'm just interested to know would you be jumping to consoles if most developers don't focus on PC gaming anymore?CONS of PC platform:- Higher cost to develop in order to include better resolution, visuals, hardwares, compatibilities.- Requires more complicated support and involving greater bug fixes as every PC is unique with different hardwares. - Rampant piracy demote sales.PROS of Consoles:- Requires lesser effort in game development due to hardware limitation and shorter development cycle.- Game design consideration made simpler due to simplicity of controllers (limited buttons) and simple development due to simple coding required for less hardware component .- Higher sales (more profitable).- Support for consoles made easier as all hardwares are same for consoles (big hassle in supporting PC with different hardwares)- More DLCs can be released to milk extra profit (no toolset for consoles and hence no modding community. have to rely for official content, even item DLCs).- Consoles are CHEAPER than PC and you don't have to upgrade the hardware periodically.If the sad truth has come to this end, i guess every PC gamer shall be forced to go console. What are your opinions? Discuss.

never. if you go to console, they win, so why would you allow that?if they stop making pc games i'll just find a new hobby. simple as that.

No because I don't see PC gaming dying at all. I'm a pc gamer at heart, I don't own a Xbox or PS3 (I have a Wii but seldom play on it). If CDPR moves on to console like EA or Activision, so be it. Those EAesque companies focus on console only for profit, to please their shareholders. thats why they're milking franchises like Call of Duty, etc.If you look at pc games, yes some of those are console ports, but there's loads of brilliant small names or indie games out there, and pc games are alway cheaper.CDPR seems to me a PC first, console second company, so I don't think they would jump ship ever, even if they sold way more on consoles.

PC elitists and FUD spreaders have been putting out counterfactual claims like this for years, and nothing has happened to make them less counterfactual.Accusing CDPR of something they have not done and said they will not do is really out of order. I would ask you to withdraw your FUD.

GuyN039wah said:
PC elitists and FUD spreaders have been putting out counterfactual claims like this for years, and nothing has happened to make them less counterfactual.Accusing CDPR of something they have not done and said they will not do is really out of order. I would ask you to withdraw your FUD.
What exactly am I accusing CDPR of? Did you read my thread?

NO NO NO NO NO NOPC ported to console = goodConsole ported to PC = WTF CDPR IS SICK WITH POO BRAIN ABORT

Lets make it profitable. F&*$ consoles. Buy games from devs you support, dont buy from devs who dont care about their fans.. cough bioware. Its sad that we used to be able to say "bioware has never made a bad game." Hopefully that lasts longer for CDProjekt

I did not misread what you wrote, and I am not misquoting you now. What you said was "CDPR similar to most developers are mainly business focus. Seriously it makes no sense to concentrate and focus on PC for future games if the profit is so minimal compared to consoles.... If the sad truth has come to this end, i guess every PC gamer shall be forced to go console."While a software developer necessarily has to stick to that which is profitable or get out of the business, that is in no way a foundation for a statement that a software developer that has made no statement that their present game is anything other than a PC exclusive must of necessity abandon their business model and pursue an entirely different one.If you were merely establishing a position for purpose of debate, I would not have objected to it. But you went far beyond that. You proclaimed that CDPR must of necessity abandon their present customer base and do something they have said they are not going to do. You disparaged them without foundation on their own forums. To that, I must object.

When consoles match my "medium" end gaming pc I might switch, but it's more likely I will no longer play games from CPDR, accept the one I already have and the upcoming one.

When consoles switch to a keyboard and mouse setup, when I can run any operating system and any number of programs and tools on them, when I can expand their capabilities by gradually purchasing better components rather than buying a whole new system every few years (usually incompatible with old software), when they're not sold at dumping prices to create an illusion of being cheap but actually with grossly overpriced games, then I'll get a console. Of course, such a console would be pretty much a PC then, so yeah, my point.

No, i would just miss out, if when the time comes, if even still play games, i seem to be moving further away from them, fortunatly or unfortunatly, however the big rpg titles in their fantasy worlds i like alot :)i started out a with handheld gameboy pocket thing, upped to the "advanced, ds, then gamecube/ps2 and xbox, sold it all for a xbox 360, it broke got a friends one, it broke i stuck with my pc, its worked, goes well and going back to consoles and tv's seems like downgrading.Consoles are stuck with their inner workings, the games are pretty expensive compared to pc ones.I do miss playing the new zelda/metroid/mario or metal gear, as i played the originals but thats just how it goes.I even have a wii, however that lives at an ex gf's house, doesn't clutter my space, i can still play it :)To OP PROS for who? from my reading point this meens less quality more crap and in general i get something that could have been better if it was on the pc."PROS of Consoles:- Requires lesser effort in game development due to hardware limitation and shorter development cycle.- Game design consideration made simpler due to simplicity of controllers (limited buttons) and simple development due to simple coding required for less hardware component .- Higher sales (more profitable).- Support for consoles made easier as all hardwares are same for consoles (big hassle in supporting PC with different hardwares)- More DLCs can be released to milk extra profit (no toolset for consoles and hence no modding community. have to rely for official content, even item DLCs).- Consoles are CHEAPER than PC and you don't have to upgrade the hardware periodically."All the PROs to me seem publisher/deveolper at the same time it should s CONS for the customer.CD projekt red want to be seen as artists of the gaming world, where quality time and thought come into their work, "it is a labour of love" Not generic mass produced repeats of itself selling for lots of money, little effort, time and quality.

Never. My last console was N64 and have no plans to buy any other system. Like another poster said, I'll find a new hobby, read more books, or play oldies but goodies pc games.If it's not PC to console or exclusively PC then I'm not interested.

Kodaemon said:
When consoles switch to a keyboard and mouse setup, when I can run any operating system and any number of programs and tools on them, when I can expand their capabilities by gradually purchasing better components rather than buying a whole new system every few years (usually incompatible with old software), when they're not sold at dumping prices to create an illusion of being cheap but actually with grossly overpriced games, then I'll get a console. Of course, such a console would be pretty much a PC then, so yeah, my point.
this. kbam support wouldn't be hard to implement on a console, but some people in the industry are completely wedded to controllers.soon as i can take screenshots and use kbam for any game i'll be fine with a console....and like you said, by that time they'll practically be PCs.

CDPROJECT are too clever to do something that stupid. They are an amazing developer that will always grace the PC community with its presence. I have no doubt at all. Don't let the failures over at Crytek get you down.

Top Bottom